Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Chris Rock on Tinsley

  1. #1
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Chris Rock on Tinsley

    So my wife got me tickets to Rock's show on SAT night, which meant missing the Pacers game. Anyway, great show and one of the first big laughs he got was at Tinsley's expense.

    "I'm not really sure what we are going to do after the show. I know one thing, I'm not hanging out with Jamaal Tinsley, I'm staying the hell away from him."

    and as he followed up on this idea...

    "You know that assassination in Pakistan. Right next to her? Tinsley."

    The good news is that he didn't really blame Tins, he didn't go with a gangster angle. Just basically suggested that if you're around Tinsley, someone's taking a shot at you. It went over well with the crowd.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Damn, he sounds more informed than some of those sports writers out there...

  3. #3
    Mr. Clutch granger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    hahaha Chris Rock is a funny man.

    Im sure Chris Rock hangs out at the same clubs as Jamaal.

    AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

  4. #4
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Fantastic. I'm glad he brought it up like that.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,722

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    "You know that assassination in Pakistan. Right next to her? Tinsley."
    That is one of the least funny lines I've seen in a long time.
    Last edited by Tom White; 12-31-2007 at 12:42 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    I'm surprised that that incident sparked that kind of interests outside of basketball circles!

    Good comic line, though. Funny stuff!!

  7. #7
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is oe of the least funny lines I've seen in a long time.
    But when Chris Rock says it.....it's funny!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  8. #8
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    The line about Tinsley (and I can picture Rock saying it) is funny, the other line "You know that assassination in Pakistan. Right next to her? Tinsley" doesn't seem too funny to me

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised that that incident sparked that kind of interests outside of basketball circles!

    Good comic line, though. Funny stuff!!

    That is the reason why off court incidents should be seen as what they are, bad for the Pacers any way you cut it. Tins has made the Pacers the laughing stock of the NBA with his off court behavior and yet there are some here who continue to fluff it off as no big deal. They are laughing at us, hello anyone care?

  10. #10
    Member Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is oe of the least funny lines I've seen in a long time.
    yeah, not cool at all. I hate when comedians say insensitive things like that, you would think at least a vet like Rock would be above that.

  11. #11
    Member Raoul Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philawarepraguacago
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised that that incident sparked that kind of interests outside of basketball circles!

    Good comic line, though. Funny stuff!!
    I guarantee you he only used that gem in Indianapolis. Comedians like to talk about a few things relevant to the city they are in. I'm just shocked Chris Rock made a joke that didn't have to do with race.

  12. #12
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by PF Chang View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guarantee you he only used that gem in Indianapolis. Comedians like to talk about a few things relevant to the city they are in. I'm just shocked Chris Rock made a joke that didn't have to do with race.
    Obviously it didn't take long before he got into that.

    Also, don't use my delivery on the Pakistan thing as gospel. His version nailed it and made it seem clearly about Tins without insulting the actual situation. I didn't sense any unease with the crowd.


    Now if you want offensive, his view on the Vick situation...wow, I live in another world it turns out. After hearing him it's really easy to believe all those free Vick protests. Not agree with at all, just believe that they are happening.


    But lets not derail this onto that. As you guys are saying, it was pretty neat that he was on that and from the angle he had, laughing at him but not fully condemning him.

    He barely mentioned the Colts and had no jokes about that.


    Also, the opening acts were Mario Joyner (tight set, still outstanding) and Biz Markie mixing records and then ending by performing "Just a Friend".

  13. #13
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is the reason why off court incidents should be seen as what they are, bad for the Pacers any way you cut it. Tins has made the Pacers the laughing stock of the NBA with his off court behavior and yet there are some here who continue to fluff it off as no big deal. They are laughing at us, hello anyone care?
    I have lived outside Indiana for the last 25 years and believe me people have been making fun of Indiana for at least that long.

    Tinsley is not the leader. A contributor but not the leader. Bob Knight is the unchallenged leader.

    Thanks to the sports media, all athletics is a source for negative news. Like it or not, the a$$holes reporters will print it and drag it up for years.

    I don't like it but that is what most people want. I have not suscribed to a regular newspaper in over 10 years because of bais and negative reporting. I feel sure if 75% of the people would do the same thing, it would change.

    Just my opinion.


  14. #14
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Well said A-R.

    If it's F1 what is it? Massive tire fiasco. Not the many amazing days of the highest level of racing technology at the highest attended event on the F1 circuit.

    And it's not like the Colts were even above it. What was the word on Manning-Dungy 10 minutes before the end of the AFC CG last year? Chokers.

    Don't tell me that fans of other teams weren't thinking just that when Brady and the boys took that early lead, or got the lead late in the 4th. Until the 2nd that the Colts beat the Pats they were big time flops when crunch time arrived, that was the "story".


    You think without Tinsley they'd be talking about Dunleavy? Nope. What was the story out of Golden St prior to the trade with Indy? What was all the "good news"? Maybe Troy's horrible deal or Mike's flop as a #3 pick.

    Again, negative spin as the norm.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Just read the prep sections. That's 98 percent positive -- sportswriters don't like picking on kids.

    When grown men do stupid things, it's looked upon differently. Oh, and everybody likes to forget the good things they read. Just human nature.

  16. #16
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said A-R.

    If it's F1 what is it? Massive tire fiasco. Not the many amazing days of the highest level of racing technology at the highest attended event on the F1 circuit.

    And it's not like the Colts were even above it. What was the word on Manning-Dungy 10 minutes before the end of the AFC CG last year? Chokers.

    Don't tell me that fans of other teams weren't thinking just that when Brady and the boys took that early lead, or got the lead late in the 4th. Until the 2nd that the Colts beat the Pats they were big time flops when crunch time arrived, that was the "story".


    You think without Tinsley they'd be talking about Dunleavy? Nope. What was the story out of Golden St prior to the trade with Indy? What was all the "good news"? Maybe Troy's horrible deal or Mike's flop as a #3 pick.

    Again, negative spin as the norm.
    Yeah, and you say this like people don't make fun of the Colts any more. I have LOTS of Pats fan friends that make fun of the Colts like it's their job ("Peyton Manning is a girl" and the like) but even my "neutral" friends never stop making fun of "commercial sell-out" Manning. And we're talking about arguably one of the top five QBs of all-time here.

    Also, out here, "thug Tinsley" or "sell-out Manning" are compliments in comparison to the hick/corn comments I've heard when watching Colts games with bunches of people. People will always be dicks. That's not going to change. The ammo that they use will be different, but their douche bag nature won't change.

  17. #17
    Member Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, the opening acts were Mario Joyner (tight set, still outstanding) and Biz Markie mixing records and then ending by performing "Just a Friend".
    I wonder if they didn't promote that show well enough, or if I just totally missed the advertisements, that had to have been a great time.

  18. #18
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    That's the best Benazir Bhutto/Jamaal Tinsley joke I've heard in a long time.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  19. #19
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    but their douche bag nature won't change.
    FTW...
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the best Benazir Bhutto/Jamaal Tinsley joke I've heard in a long time.



    Seriously I do understand the point. As I said, it was done pretty well, you just had to hear it delivered correctly by someone funny, or at least you.


    F'n Bobcats game has me in a crap mode.

  20. #20
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously I do understand the point. As I said, it was done pretty well, you just had to hear it delivered correctly by someone funny, or at least you.
    I thought it was hilarious actually.

    Only thing better he coulda said is: "People talking 'bout Jamaal Tinsley went crazy. That Pacer didn't go crazy. That Pacer went Pacer."
    Last edited by JayRedd; 01-02-2008 at 01:37 AM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  21. #21
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    1.1.2008
    Phrase coined
    Author - JayRedd
    "to go Pacer"

    Usage - "If ya'll don't stop f'in with me and get me my Whopper, I'm gonna go Pacers up in this MFer", as heard in a recent Burger King "Freakout" commercial.*











    * not really

  22. #22
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Question - can you go Pacer on something?

    i.e. I am going to go Pacer on this stack of MFing pancakes.

  23. #23
    Member BoomBaby31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (Marina del Rey)
    Posts
    1,958

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is one of the least funny lines I've seen in a long time.

    I'm sure he presented it better.

  24. #24
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question - can you go Pacer on something?

    i.e. I am going to go Pacer on this stack of MFing pancakes.
    [yt]T6syezOHJ2Q[/yt]

    Yup.

    e.g, After receiving one too many cryptic "PC Load Letter" error messages, Michael Bolton went Pacer on the fax machine.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  25. #25
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Chris Rock on Tinsley

    Not to be confused with "to be Tinsleyed/Tinsed".

    To be shot at because you are near someone that is being shot at.

    Usage:
    "Look out Thumper, Bambi's gonna get you Tinsed!"


    This is the newer and somewhat colloquial form of the verb - "to be Tupaced"
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-02-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. How has Tinsley changed this year
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 01:02 AM
  2. Tinsley hires security guard
    By pwee31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 01:01 PM
  3. Two Espn Articles about Jamaal & the Conrad shooting
    By gummy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 03:42 PM
  4. Kravitz on Tinsley - and Vecsey with new info !!!
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM
  5. Tinsley thinks he shoots too much.....
    By Gyron in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •