Thread: This is something I just noticed...

Default This is something I just noticed...

I was reading the Indystar today, and they showed a graph of how far the Pacers teams had gotten. And I noticed that we either did not make the playoffs or lost in the first, third, or finals round.

This means we have NEVER lost in the second round of the playoffs. Interesting, eh?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

Default Re: This is something I just noticed...

Wow! .

Yeah, but there's [size=24:9df07271ec]usually[/size] a first time for everything.

edit: So maybe not for this team...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was reading the Indystar today, and they showed a graph of how far the Pacers teams had gotten. And I noticed that we either did not make the playoffs or lost in the first, third, or finals round.

This means we have NEVER lost in the second round of the playoffs. Interesting, eh?
    Yeah, I knew that -- was going to mention it before the Miami series but didn't want to jinx us.

However, up until recently, we had never lost a series in which we won Game 1 (conversely, we still have not won a series in which we lost Game 1). But then we lost 3-1 to Philly in 2001 after taking a 1-0 lead, and to the Nets 3-2 in 2002 after taking a 1-0 lead. We also had a 1-0 lead in this series, and are on the verge of blowing it for the third consecutive year.