Thread: What if Freddie Jones did not injure his shoulder

Default What if Freddie Jones did not injure his shoulder

Fred Jones played great against the Celtics, he was their best perimeter shooter until he got injured in game #2 of the Heat series. Even though he played I think the next couple of games, it was obvious, he was injured, so he then sat out a few games, but has slowly been getting healthy again, and has shown his stuff the past few games.

I am not suggesting that if Fred never had injured his shoulder that the Pacers would have won this series or even be up 3-2 at this point.

I suppose I am looking more long term.

Freddie has a certain mental and physical toughness, that I really really like, the ECF stage does not bother him (like some of his teammates) in fact Freddie seems to play better the in pressure situations.

With his greatly improved shooting, if someone were to tell me that he will be the Pacers starting shooting guard for the next 8 years, I would be fine with that. He might not be an allstar player, but I think he can be a clutch player like he was in college, and I think he can do things others on this team cannot.

Many of you have suggested that Freddie should be the backup point guard next season. Maybe the third point guard, but I think he is a shooting guard first.

Yes I am thinking ahead, to future years, and this offseason, I have some ideas, but won't get into full details until this season and the immediate postmordem is complete.

Default Re: What if Freddie Jones did not injure his shoulder

Well, coming from one of Freddie's biggest supporters, yes I do believe he should start at SG.

He has that no nonsense mentality when he plays out there, and he tries hard to get his shot when he is actually looking for it.

He is an emotional guy, something of which we have little of (I think he has more than Al does too). It is this type of game and belief in yourself that will allow Freddie to grow more in his position.

And the thing about him is that this is his FIRST year of actually playing in the nba. Imagine how much he is going to improve. His shooting has greatly improved as UB has suggested, and I think that by the beginning of the next season, it is going to be even better.

The only thing that he is lacking is the confidence to realize he is a shooting guard, and so he must do all he can to get his shot. Once he starts to do this, and added along with a good looking shot, he will become a very good starting SG.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

don't forget Artest saying that Freddie takes the physical beating they do on each other in practice better than anyone! Said he thrives on it!
    do you have a link for that?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

don't forget Artest saying that Freddie takes the physical beating they do on each other in practice better than anyone! Said he thrives on it!
    do you have a link for that?
    Yeah I seem to remember Ron saying something along those lines pertaining to Jamison Brewer.