Thread: Going to the game today

Default Going to the game today

Woohoo! A friend of mine came through with great tickets for the game today in Charlotte.

Sitting in the Lower bowl, corner, but not too far fromt he court.

Awesome. Go Pacers!

Sorry I have to get excited since I only get 1 or 2 chances in Charlotte to see them play every year. I really wish Tinsley was playing so I could see his improvements first hand, but so goes the world.....

Default Re: Going to the game today

We expect and will need a full report because the game isn't on TV anywhere.

Enjoy the game

good deal, I hope you have a good time and get to see a Pacers win!

If North carolina wasn't so far, this would have been a good road trip game, with it being a holiday and everything.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is the game going to be on NBA.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Buck, I will give the best report I can give tomorrow.

By the way, You come down here, and I'm sure I can find tickets for us then.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    If North carolina wasn't so far, this would have been a good road trip game, with it being a holiday and everything.
    Next time speak up sooner. I used to have relatives there and have made that trip about 30-40 times. I'll drop a 9 spot on a whim just for the fun and story of it.

"What did you do New Years?"
    "Well let me tell you...."

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Buck, I will give the best report I can give tomorrow.

By the way, You come down here, and I'm sure I can find tickets for us then.
    I wish I would have thought about it earlier than just this morning. But isn't it about a 11 hour drive

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

As I said, 9. 8 with good behavior (ie, steady 90 most of the time), especially with 74 extended out to near Ashville (though watch for speed traps).

Love 40 through the Smokey Mtns.

Well, Disappoointing that we lost, and practically gave the game away in the 4th.

Overall though, it was fun. I did see way too much of the dump down into Jermaine and standing around, especially when it came to crunch time and overtime. It KILLED us when we lost Dunleavy to Fouls. But I will say, the last foul was complete and total BS. He was standing there with the ball and the guy starts grabbing at him and he's trying to hold onto the ball, and the guy pulls him and the ball forward by grabbing his arm and the ref calls an offensive foul on him. Even the Charlotte fans sitting next to us looked at us and said what the hell was that?

Wallace sucked the whole game all the way up until the 4th quarter and then he just lit us up. Couldn't miss a shot for nothing.

I do like the new offense when the follow it. Its much more fun to watch. They just got into dump it into Jermaine everytime they got into trouble.

Owens did a decent job at filling in for Tinsley against Felton. I think Tinsley would have torn through felton with no problem.

And I noticed what everyone has been syaing about Danny. Why is he passing the ball so much? He had lots and I mean lots of wide open shots and he would pass the ball away to a man who was being double teamed at the last seconds of the shot clock and let them shoot. I was yelling at him to to shot the damn ball and quit passing. It was almost like he missed a few shots in a row and it just destroyed his confidence.

Overall we had a great time, the seats were excellent, lower bowl, in the corner, about halfway down. The stadium was empty, so we could have sat just about anywhere, but liked where we were sitting. We had several people behind us with "Bobcats Family" Tags on behind us. I didn't ask until the end of the 4th quarter, but it turns out the lady sitting right behind me was the daughter of one of the Bobcats assistant coaches. We struck up a conversation and had a good time. Turns out she was down visiting from Carmel, IN of all places. But she was good natured and didn't complain when we were making fun of the bobcats and mouthing off a bit. It was all in good fun. And she just gave us a good natured ribbing right before we left about thanks for coming and providing entertainment during the game.

And from now on, if I know enough in advance that I have an extra ticket, I will post here, and its anyone's who wants it. If you're willing to make the drive......lol.
    Last edited by Gyron; 01-01-2008 at 11:39 AM.