Thread: Your thoughts on Kareem Rush

Default Your thoughts on Kareem Rush

Rush and Travis Diener were the two players we signed in the off season to really help this team out especially shooting the ball. Diener has done nothing so I won't even ask about your thoughts on him.

But how about Kareem Rush what do you guys think of him so far? I know it seems many were down on him however he has shot the ball well lately.

I at least am pretty happy with the way he has played. From what I have seen his defense has been pretty good, at least better then what I thought he would be. On offense he is a shooter and while early on he struggled with his shot he seems to have found it. I think it has just been a matter of him getting comfortable and having confidence which I think playing more minutes has a lot to do with that.

I'm really happy that Kareem is on our team and hope that he continues to play well and we can re-sign him. He was a low risk high reward type of move by Bird but I think we may be getting rewarded fairly well. Kareem won't be no all star but I like what he can give us.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Your thoughts on Kareem Rush

I aggree with you rommie. Happy I wasn't "shooting him down" earlier in the season either .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Kareem has shot it well lately (you just expect it to go in with him), but he also makes a conscious effort of taking it to the rim. Which everyone on this team oughta be doing...

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Solid backup 2 for the price... not much to complain about.

I had higher expectations that he might be a starter before the season, but Dunleavy has been the biggest surprise of the season for me. He has been great for the most part.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Mood

He looks now like what I expected during the summer. Seems when his shot is falling he brings it all together, and when it's not he slacks.

give him 22-24 minutes a game....
    He'll get them double digits off the bench
    I like the guy

I had planned on starting athread on Rush today, but just didn't have time.

But I've been thrilled with his play of late and I have been especially happy with his defense and even a little bit with his passing ability and his ability to drive the ball to the basket

So when Kareem gets his stride, he's a dangerous players. . .I think he struggled early cause he was getting used to the rotation. Watch him the 2nd half of the season, he should be fire
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Rush is playing better on both ends. He plays with more confidence. Worth the money if he keeps it up. I still think we need a real 2 guard who can hit when open. This team misses too many open shots.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Mood

I have nothing but good for Kareem Rush. He was thrust into a pressure filled situation and it starting to get comfortable and find his niche. The best wildcard for him right now is his positive attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the Pacer's savior, but I believe he could be a nice scorer off the bench when needed like a Ben Gordon with 4 extra inches in height. I still think we need a starting 2 guard.