Thread: Post Game thread?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Post Game thread?

I missed the game.

Was it so bad no one wanted to comment?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Default Re: Post Game thread?

I one-clicked through the first quarter, then I started two-clicking, which quickly became three-clicking. Before halftime I started tick-advancing until the game was over.[/tivo]

IOW, yeah, it was that bad.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

The game was lost in the 2nd qrt. Pistons outscored the Pacers, 40-22. Most of their scoring came off the Pacers' 12 turnovers, and nearly half of those points came from the charity stripe as the Pistons went 9-9 from the line.

If it wasn't for Flip Saunders going with his 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 4th qrt and Travis Deiner - Yes! You read it right! - scoring 11 pts off 3 trey's and 1 FG to start the 4th the game would have been a complete blow out! A 114-101 drilling is more palletable, but dang!!

i flipped my phone open and saw we were down 20 midway 2nd quarter and figured we just quit by then. Got home it was still on and diener and co. actually felt like trying. Should have played them the whole game.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo

I'm with everyone here......I checked the score after the 1st half, we were down by 23+ points and I just ignored the rest of the game cuz I knew we had no chance against the Pistons.

Could someone tell me what happened with Tinsley?

Did he get injured?

Also....I don't know if it's a good or bad thing....but no one on the team took more then 13 FGA...not even JONeal. Rush and Ike took the 2nd most attempts at 10 and 11 ( with Ike going 2-10 but got to the line 8 times hitting 5 :banghead ). Dunleavy hit all of his shots but took only 4 shots. Granger ( again ) took 9 FGA and hit only 4.

I know that the Pistons are a very good perimeter defensive team.....but this was a very strange game from an Offensive end for the Pacers. No one outside of JONeal seemed to do too much on the offensive end.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game was lost in the 2nd qrt. Pistons outscored the Pacers, 40-22. Most of their scoring came off the Pacers' 12 turnovers, and nearly half of those points came from the charity stripe as the Pistons went 9-9 from the line.

If it wasn't for Flip Saunders going with his 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 4th qrt and Travis Deiner - Yes! You read it right! - scoring 11 pts off 3 trey's and 1 FG to start the 4th the game would have been a complete blow out! A 114-101 drilling is more palletable, but dang!!
    Yep, way too many turnovers in the first half. Mike and Jamaal were especially responsible. Also, Detroit shot the lights out last night. Hamilton and Prince were awesome.

Danny just can't seem to drive the basketball on a consistent basis (we need that from him). He just didn't have any impact on the game whatsoever when he was in there, either defensively or offensively.

Jermaine and Troy played well. Actually, I would say Jermaine played very well.

I like the fact that our bench guys kept fighting in the 4th. Still think Travis Diener could be the back up point we need. And that's not just because he hit his shots tonight. He brings the ball up real quick and distributes it well IMO.

Let's steal one back tonight. We'll have to be on top of our game in order to do so. Plus hope that they miss some shots this time...

Let it be said that Jermaine lead the team in scoring for this game AND took the most shots, but if ANYONE decides that him taking the most shots and scoring the most points was why we lot, or if the game is used in some statistic along the lines of, "when J.O takes the most shots we lose" or "When J.O leads the team in scoring we never score more than 102 and always lose" that person is funamentally wrong with this game as evidence!

Jermaine was one of very few possitives this game, and played very well (other than his rebounding).

He shot well, moved the ball as well as anyone and defended well both for team D and individual with just 1 turnover in a game inwhich we had 16 turnovers!

I am FAR from the biggest J.O fan, and there are many occasions when i have felt this team doesn't get the best out of him and he doesn't give whats best for the team, but in terms of effort and production, on a losing night, one of the last people to criticise is J.O!

End of rant that i may recall the next time a previously referenced (or similar) thread appears!

JMO
    'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
    Animal Farm, by George Orwell

I was pleased to see that JO was 9/12 from the free throw line in this game. I'd love to see this from him every game.
    Bill

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I really enjoyed watching Diener at the end of the game... he plays with kind of a swagger, kind of surprising for a guy who has been riding the bench all year. It was nice to see him hitting his shots, and he ran the team well while he was on the floor. Him getting his shot back and earning some minutes at the backup point would be very good for us.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Diener shot like crazy the last 3 minutes or so. it was just bad how when he was gettin regular minutes back then, he couldn't hit those.

i thought Owens did a terrific job inplace of tinsley during the 3rd, and thought that if Owens would have started the game and Tinsley would have rested, we might have had a close game, cuz Billups just outplayed Tinsley, on each part of the court. WHile owens, still fightin for minutes, was not gonna let that happen. any1 see that block?? on Chauncey?

may i add that Dunleavy was perfect from the field, but had like 3 straight turn-overs in the 1st quarter that might have gotten him shy.

Jo was good in he 1st quarter, then ionno what happened after that. I really hope we bounce back from all of this. haha
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Okay, since you don't normally get this stat and since the game was over by halftime, I'm going to post a little of the +/- stuff for just the first half.

Individual numbers are bad across the board, basically the more you played the worse it was. By minutes (rounded):

-17 JO (20 min)
    -16 Tins (18m)
    -19 Rush (15m)
    -7 Granger (15m)
    -13 Dun (14m)

-6 Murph (11m)
    -9 Foster (10m)
    -7 Daniels (8m)
    -14 Diogu (8m)
    -5 Shawne (2m)
    -2 Owens (1m)

So first off let's make sure the starters don't take the hit on this one. They were one of the few solid 5-man groups in the first half, going -2 in nearly 8 minutes.

You'll note that means that JO and Tins had to be part of some other pretty bad groups to get their totals so high (low). Well there were several new groups and almost all of them were based on....Diogu.

One of the worst was the -6 that Tins-Rush-Dun-JO and DIOGU put up. Then there was the -5 that Quis-Rush-Williams-Murph-DIOGU. Both groups were on for about 2 minutes each.

In fact those were the two worst 5 man groups of the first half. Only Rush was a common aspect (other than Ike). And other than Owens and Williams (due to their small minutes played) the ONLY players over the -1 points/minute mark are Rush (-1.3) and Ike (-1.8).

These 2 groups sandwiched a 3rd one that went -2, also with Ike. Those 3 groups were the ones that played the start of the 2nd, coming out behind by 5 and ending their run down by 18. In other words they obviously went -13.

When those 3 groups ended it was Ike leaving the floor at around 6:30 left. The rest of the way they went -5, and while that's not great it's still better than -13.

In the third? Well impressively you had the starters but with Owens for Tinsley, and this group played the first NINE minutes of the half together going +4 actually.

At that point you have those five players as follows:

+2 Owens (10m)
    -9 Dun (23m)
    -3 Granger (24m)
    -13 JO (29m)
    -2 Murph (20m)

Frankly nothing after that was even impressive. For all the talk of "at least someone tried" it was really just Diener chucking transition 3s that he could lean into and he was finally making them.

I mean at the 6 min mark with Travis already in the game the lead had gone back up to 24. It was only his made shots very late that got it close at all. This will make his +/- look okay, but frankly I don't consider much of the 4th to be legit, certainly nothing past the 6-8 min area.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 12-29-2007 at 02:12 PM.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I would like to add that it was good to see Diener hitting these shots and he does have the right attitude for playing good ball. The issue is that he got plenty of chances earlier in the season and couldn't make good on them, and it wasn't just missing shots (though that hurt a lot). I would LOVE to see TD find it, just like I was happy to see the same for Rush. Hey, I'd love for Ike to get it going too.

Right now the bench mostly stinks. I don't get all this "our depth" talk. There is none. You take out 2-3 starters on most nights and you get in trouble quickly.

It's funny that everyone has questioned JO's ability to play this system, but what about IKE? So far the early results say no freaking way.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JO needs to build from this game. He was aggressive and really played well. He even took Sheed to the hole two or three times and scored which is rare for JO.

Everyone else needs to forget about this game except maybe Troy.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods