Thread: Juan Dixon anyone?

Default Juan Dixon anyone?

Apparently he may be available:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...','111')

I think he'd be a great fit for this team. He's a combo guard that can run the point when Tinsley's out and can create his own shot. He's impressed me with his ability to score and he shoots the 3-ball with consistency (47%).

I'm not sure who you'd trade for him, but I'm sure he wouldn't be too expensive. He'd give us some nice backcourt depth.

OR..... Joey Graham may also be available according to the article, we could get him and REALLY confuse everyone with he and Stephen on the team...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Juan Dixon anyone?

I'd much rather have Dixon than Hughes.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

He wouldn't be a bad addition to our backcourt. Does he have any point guard abilities to speak of?

I'm haven't looked up the tale of the tape on Dixon, but my impression is he's more of an SG stuck in a PG's body. Very slight, but quick. Can play PG, but not a distributor in that role. Definitely more of a shoot-first point.
    Good for some steals but, as far as I know, heavily offensive-oriented player.

I'd take a gamble on him depending completely on the price. He can't be worse than what we've got off the bench behind Tins. IF he could swing the backup PG, he'd give us nice 3 pt balance alongside Rush.

Id love to get Dixon...I'd take Joey, that would be a nice little reunion...but I'd love Jaun.
    The eyes of the Granger are upon you.

Dixon + Darrick Martin for Diener + Graham works.

Not sure it improves either team, but I'd do it.

if we got him, I bet it would be a Dixon for Harrison swap.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Darrick Martin is still in the league? That never seizes to amaze me. He may be the only OG (original Vancouver Grizz player, biotch) still playing.

And I don't understand getting Dixon. He seems like Quis but not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Darrick Martin is still in the league? That never seizes to amaze me. He may be the only OG (original Vancouver Grizz player, biotch) still playing.

And I don't understand getting Dixon. He seems like Quis but not as good.
    You mean "ceases" not "seizes". Juan Dixon was a very nice college player at Maryland and is very much a pro player that would benefit the Pacers. He can shoot and he's basketball smart.I believe he has played some point in the NBA although in college he was primarily a 2 guard.

For christ's sake, we have flippin Kareem Rush on our team! Yes! If Dixon is available on the cheap GET HIM!
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    You mean "ceases" not "seizes". Juan Dixon was a very nice college player at Maryland and is very much a pro player that would benefit the Pacers. He can shoot and he's basketball smart.I believe he has played some point in the NBA although in college he was primarily a 2 guard.

For christ's sake, we have flippin Kareem Rush on our team! Yes! If Dixon is available on the cheap GET HIM!
    Thanks for the English lesson. I'm on break right now and I can get a little hazy and I really, really appreciate the help and the level in which it contributes to the conversation.

Dixon was in the NBA for an extended time at one point for the Wizards. He is an okay player, but not a pure PG and that's what we need. The only player I would outright replace him on the roster for is Deiner, and Deiner is making too much money for us to cut him.

I'd rather trade Diogu for a backup PG, which would allow us to work Stephen Graham into the lineup and play DH more as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Thanks for the English lesson. I'm on break right now and I can get a little hazy and I really, really appreciate the help and the level in which it contributes to the conversation.

Dixon was in the NBA for an extended time at one point for the Wizards. He is an okay player, but not a pure PG and that's what we need. The only player I would outright replace him on the roster for is Deiner, and Deiner is making too much money for us to cut him.

I'd rather trade Diogu for a backup PG, which would allow us to work Stephen Graham into the lineup and play DH more as well.
    "Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason."

Sports Logo

I will say the same thing that I always say whenever any PG/SG/SF goes on the trading block.....unless we move Marquis, Granger, Shawne, Dunleavy or Rush....we will have no minutes for Dixon.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post

Raptors wouldn't trade Martin, He's one of the BIG reason why Calderon is playing so well. Plus TJ Ford Might have to retire, Raps would only have one PG if they traded Martin!!!

I'd take Dixon without a doubt tho. He ain't shy to shoot the ball
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    .....unless we move Marquis, Granger, Shawne, Dunleavy or Rush....we will have no minutes for Dixon.
    The problem with the Pacers roster right now is that we have no effective backup for Tins. If he goes down we are in real trouble. I like the idea of Diener but at the moment he's not producing. For whatever reason Andre Owens isn't getting minutes.

My feeling is Dixon could fill in at backup PG and SG, so we could bring Tinsley's minutes down to say 30-32 mins a game. Marquis has been proven injury prone so Dixon could fill in for him when he's out.

I don't think there would be a major problem having a Daniels/Dixon backcourt for 10 or so minutes a game to give Tinsley a breather. No neither is a natural playmaker, but as long as they move the ball, it would be fine for short periods.

We'd be able to find him about 20 mins a game I think.

For the record, I could handle a Harrison for Dixon trade.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacerDU View Post
    The problem with the Pacers roster right now is that we have no effective backup for Tins. If he goes down we are in real trouble. I like the idea of Diener but at the moment he's not producing. For whatever reason Andre Owens isn't getting minutes.

My feeling is Dixon could fill in at backup PG and SG, so we could bring Tinsley's minutes down to say 30-32 mins a game. Marquis has been proven injury prone so Dixon could fill in for him when he's out.

I don't think there would be a major problem having a Daniels/Dixon backcourt for 10 or so minutes a game to give Tinsley a breather. No neither is a natural playmaker, but as long as they move the ball, it would be fine for short periods.

We'd be able to find him about 20 mins a game I think.

For the record, I could handle a Harrison for Dixon trade.
    I'm gonna agree with Seth's assessment of Harrison....I think that he's a solid Big Man that helps more then not and don't think that it would be a good idea to include him in any trade talks.

I still don't see where we can find any minutes for anyone unless we cut minutes for players like Rush and Shawne to 5-10 mpg.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Harrison for Juan makes sense for both teams.

Dixon could potentially become a good weapon off our bench and hit some big threes. He's also and "instant energy" guy with huge balls and always ready, willing and able to launch a trey within 20 seconds of entering the game. He's pretty much Eddie House with better D and ball handling ability that allows you to leave him on the floor more. I was always really impressed with his attitude/demeanor watching him play with MJ in DC and he brought that same confidence and lunchpail mentality with him to Portland. Not sure why he's playing career-low minutes this year. I guess there's just no minutes with Jamario Moon and Delfino both impressing early.

And the Raps could use a more mobile big man to ease the physical burden on CB4 and/or provide some semblance of a true big when Andrea is out there. Currently, Nesterovic is the only real center they have and dude plays with cinder blocks on his feet. Colangelo must hate that overpaid stiff.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Not sure I'd be willing to part with Harrison for Dixon. Although, I guess we run the risk of losing him for nothing. How good of a 3-shooter is Dixon? Aww what the heck...let's get him!
    Last edited by QuickRelease; 12-29-2007 at 07:55 PM.

NO!!! He helped beat I.U in the 2002 NCAA Championship Game .