Thread: Colts Fans should Cheer - Hard - for San Diego

Default Colts Fans should Cheer - Hard - for San Diego

I'm looking at playoff matchups. The Colts will get the winner of the 3-6 game while NE gets the winner of the 4-5 game.

Right now SD is the 3 seed and gets that if they win Sunday. They'd play either Tenn or Cleveland.

Pittsburgh is the 4 seed and would get Jacksonville.

I think SD takes this matchup while the other I'd call a toss. In either case, if I'm a Colts fan I'd MUCH rather face SD/Tenn/Cleveland than Pittsburgh/Jacksonville. Despite the Chargers late run I'm not real high on Rivers coming through when they need it and Tennessee & Cleveland both have big holes.

Pitt & Jacksonville are another story. I'd still favor the Colts, just like I would NE against either team but it's no walkover and it'll be a tough, physical game.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts Fans should Cheer - Hard - for San Diego

Personally, I think we should beat any of those teams, but Jacksonville scares me the most just because it would be the third time we've played them this year and it is not easy to beat a team 3 times.

I would actually rather face Pittsburgh then San Diego. I haven't been sold on Pittsburgh all season and they've never given me reason to change my mind.

Bring whomever on. That's the mentality the Colts should have.

Valid points, however. It looks like the SD/Tenn/CLE bunch is the easier path to New England.

I just want the Colts to not care who they play because they believe they can win regardless... NE included.

I want Pittsburgh. I want to beat the crap out of that team so bad. It's still hard to think about that game 2 years ago.

Granted beating them won't be the same without the ******* Cowher and Jerome Bettis still around. Not to mention that clown Joey Porter. But to eliminate the Pittsburgh Steelers from the post season would be a great feeling.

We won't automatically get the winner of the 3-6 game. If Tenn or Cle win then we will get the winner of the 4-5 game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We won't automatically get the winner of the 3-6 game. If Tenn or Cle win then we will get the winner of the 4-5 game.
    Yup.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    ??? I actually looked that up - thought the brackets were locked in once the seedings were set, no matter who wins.

That's correct. The NFL playoffs aren't bracketed. If Tenn. or Cleveland would beat SD, then they would play NE as the lower seed. Whoever emerges from the first round as the highest remaining seed from the 1st round games, we will play.

I agree SD appears to be the more favorable matchup. Our defensive speed at home should negate LT, making it up to Rivers to beat us, which I'll take my chances vs. our #1 pass defense.

I think it would be the ultimate irony if the Pats got beat in a bad weather game vs. Jax, due to the fact they are so one dimemsional, after all the years they said we got by playing dome football.

Yeah, basically we play the highest seed. I don't mind playing anyone other than Jax (I think we'd beat them, but why make it more difficult...plus, I want to see them play NE).

We can beat SD. Our defense did a hell of a job against them last time, and this time we'll be at home. And Manning will have his receivers/oline, meaning no 6pix.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I absolutely want a Jax-NE match-up. I'm not saying the Jags would win, probably wouldn't, but they would physically beat the crap out of the Patriots.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jacksonville is the only team I'm honestly scared to face. I think we can take everyone else, NE included.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Jacksonville is the only team I'm honestly scared to face. I think we can take everyone else, NE included.
    If you have a pass rush, I agree. If you have the pass rush you've had the past few weeks, you probably won't beat Jax, NE or Pittsburgh. Hopefully Mathis and Brock come back and are effective.

Amazing how many good teams are in the AFC.

I'm just hopin, no matter who the Colts play in their first game, that they win and get a second chance at New England,

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    If you have a pass rush, I agree. If you have the pass rush you've had the past few weeks, you probably won't beat Jax, NE or Pittsburgh. Hopefully Mathis and Brock come back and are effective.
    Yes! This is the single biggest concern heading into the post season IMO. I still stand by the idea that Freeney's absence is more important overall than Marivn's. Not that I'm not thankful that Marvin returns tomorrow.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Okay, I will officially be rooting for the Chargers next week. As long SD takes care of Tennessee/Cleveland, the Colts would avoid Jax/Pittsburgh in the 2nd round.

Besides, I want revenge on the Chargers for that ugly, ugly game a few weeks back.