Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here me out....

Liquid Slap

Default Here me out....

The Pacers should not beat the Pistons just for the good of the Eastern Conference. It would be a battle for the Pacers to beat the Lakers already. To throw in an injured JO and Tinsley and other inexperienced players is ludicrous. They would have no chance. You can argue and what not. But it's honest. Granted it would give them some experience for next year; but I am sick of people calling the Eastern Conference the JV league and the Pistons have the better chance of winning it all.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Here me out....

The Pistons don't have a chance either, so it doesn't really matter.

Dear God I hope the Lakers lose. I don't care to who. I hate detroit, but I hate LA more. Seeing their smug faces after winning yesterday pissed me off. I hate them. And this is only showing that you can ride your way to a championship instead of sticking with your team. Losers.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I disagree, Liquid Slap.

Neither team has anyone who can hinder a well-motivated Shaq in the least. Detroit also has nobody who can bother Kobe in the least, whereas the Pacers have Ron Artest.

The Pacers also have home court, more depth, and especially athleticism off the bench. It will be unfortunate to not have JO and JT at 100% against the Lakers, but it is preferable to seeing the Pistons get swept and each game be 95-70.

I will be cheering for the East representative, but I feel the Pacers have the only shot of taking it to even 6 games.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Liquid Slap

You underestimate the Pistons?? We played LA this year a couple of times and neither time did Kobe go off on the Pistons. We can handle them.

Why are Pacer fans so confident that the Pacers can stop Kobe when they haven't stopped Rip Hamilton?

No one has answers for Kobe and Shaq, thats why they are Kobe and Shaq.

The Pacers should not beat the Pistons just for the good of the Eastern Conference. It would be a battle for the Pacers to beat the Lakers already. To throw in an injured JO and Tinsley and other inexperienced players is ludicrous. They would have no chance. You can argue and what not. But it's honest. Granted it would give them some experience for next year; but I am sick of people calling the Eastern Conference the JV league and the Pistons have the better chance of winning it all.
    Soooo...what are you saying? We should root for the Pistons tonight? ed:

I think most Pacer fans would rather see the Pacers make it to the finals.

If I were first and foremost a Laker Hater I could see your point but I am not. I could never hope that the Pacers lose a game much less a series.

Besides if the Pistons can't close out the Pacers they can't beat the Lakers.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I think LS makes a good point. Pacers IMO are a injured team physically and mentally.

Even though the Pacers would have homecourt advantage, I think at this point the Pistons will give the Lakers a better series.

I still hope the Pacers win the next two games regardless

Liquid Slap

Soooo...what are you saying? We should root for the Pistons tonight? ed:
    Hell no...you should never stop routing for your team. I was speaking hypothetically. Of course the Pacers won't lose on purpose and they will fight till the end. I was just speaking, ideally, a fully healthy Pistons squad would be a better match for the Lakers than injured Pacer squad that's all. I wasn't saying cheer the Pistons on tonight, that's crazy.

Why are Pacer fans so confident that the Pacers can stop Kobe when they haven't stopped Rip Hamilton?
    Because a lot more of Kobe's offense comes off one-on-one moves. Ron has trouble with running around multiple screens, and the Lakers don't do that.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe that's called "cheek" or "chutzpah".
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

We have Artest. Who plays one-on-one guys much better.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

LAPacer

I think the Pacers stand a better chance because of homecourt and because I'm a pacers fan.

Actually, since they are injured, Detroit might put up the same kind of fight.

Whoever they play, the Lakers will give a game or two away because Shaq won't get the ball all the time.

IMO the Pacers having homecourt would give them an edge over Detroit - mainly because of the format. The 2-3-2 finals makes it VERY tough for the lower seeded team to take all 3.

However the Pacers haven't played well all playoffs - including the first rd where they'd turn it on for spurts, the 2nd rd where they let the Heat dictate play way too much and this rd where they've quit moving the ball (Detroit gets some credit but Indy does too - it's similar to what happened in the 1st rd last year).

I HATE the 2-3-2 format - makes it extremely tough to win all 3 at home - by the 3rd game the visitor is nearly as comfortable on your floor as you are - especially if they make an early run to take the crowd out.

This is an "all other things equal" post. Right now all other things aren't equal - the Pistons are playing better. Whatever the result, I'll be rooting for the EC rep in a big way. This has gone on long enough.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Here me out...

If the Pistons can't beat a banged up Pacer team tonight or the next game, then they don't deserve to play the Lakers in the finals and the Pacers will.

simple as that

There are some guys in the league that even guys like Bowen and Artest can guard. Kobe is one of them.

As a fan of a team trying to get to/win the NBA Finals, why would he or she root for the opponents just so the NBA Finals opponents have a tougher time? I thought the whole point of the season was to make it to the Finals and win it, not just to give the other team a tough time and put on a show. The players are out there to win.

Liquid Slap

As a fan of a team trying to get to/win the NBA Finals, why would he or she root for the opponents just so the NBA Finals opponents have a tougher time? I thought the whole point of the season was to make it to the Finals and win it, not just to give the other team a tough time and put on a show. The players are out there to win.

I will say again,

"Hell no...you should never stop routing for your team. I was speaking hypothetically. Of course the Pacers won't lose on purpose and they will fight till the end. I was just speaking, ideally, a fully healthy Pistons squad would be a better match for the Lakers than injured Pacer squad that's all. I wasn't saying cheer the Pistons on tonight, that's crazy."

...a fully healthy Pistons squad would be a better match for the Lakers than injured Pacer squad...

Liquid Slap

...a fully healthy Pistons squad would be a better match for the Lakers than injured Pacer squad...
    and your point.

...a fully healthy Pistons squad [size=24:161269a59a]would be a better match [/size] for the Lakers than injured Pacer squad...
    and your point.

...a fully healthy Pistons squad [size=24:6e7707a275]would be a better match [/size] for the Lakers than injured Pacer squad...
    and your point.
    What?

woman without a team

Exactly. The Pistons would be lucky to win 2 games in a series against the Lakers. And before any Pistons fans jump my case I don't know that the Pacers would win 2 games either.

Liquid Slap

Exactly. The Pistons would be lucky to win 2 games in a series against the Lakers. And before any Pistons fans jump my case I don't know that the Pacers would win 2 games either.
    Everyone swears the Lakers are undefeatable. I believe and healthy Pacers or Pistons squad are more than capable to beat the Lakers.