Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vescey: Isiah was going to bring Reggie off the bench this season

Default Re: Vescey: Isiah was going to bring Reggie off the bench this season

I thought Isiah was quoted saying that Reggie would start as long as he was coaching the team.
    That is correct, Isiah did say that. I thought it a dumb thing to say at the time and still do. I think Carlisle has said something simular.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought Isiah was quoted saying that Reggie would start as long as he was coaching the team.
    That is correct, Isiah did say that. I thought it a dumb thing to say at the time and still do. I think Carlisle has said something simular.
    Let's put this to rest, already:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/ask_c...e_march04.html

[web]http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/ask_carlisle_march04.html[/web]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

"I see Reggie as a starter. As long as Im here coaching and hes here playing, my feeling is he will be the starting shooting guard."

There's some wiggle room there, as in "this is how I feel right now" and "my feelings could change"

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Isiah probably claims that he never let tornadoes strike Indy when he was coaching.

note on avatar: I'm trying to bring back some championship karma with Big Mac.
    Note on your Avatar: Me likes!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Big Mac, I thought you'd like it!

On yours, I didn't know George wore 44 in high school.

I will ALWAYS associate the number 30 with Big Mac. I think he was #30 at IU, too, right?

My first pro game ever was at the Coliseum and it was McGinnis who dominated. Of course I went home realizing that with my genes I was much more likely to wind up 5'11" 175 than 6'8" 240, so I pretended to be Billy Keller on the driveway.

But I still hoisted one-handers when I DID find somebody to post up, particularly from the blocks on the right side (a sweet spot for George).
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)