Thread: Quisy for Threesy even better than Schrempf Dip {Conrad's blog 12/20/07}

Default Quisy for Threesy even better than Schrempf Dip {Conrad's blog 12/20/07}

Quisy for Threesy even better than Schrempf Dip
    Dec 20, 2007
    In the whirlwind that is the intense, high-pressure world of professional sport as presented by the ever-evolving infrastructure of the Internet, I'm sure you appreciate the intricate, technical, high-level problems a guy like me has to deal with on a daily basis.

Take today's conundrum, for example.

How exactly does one spell Reb Porter's latest catch phrase?

Quisy for threesy?

Quizy for threezy?

Quizee for threezee?

Or the text-message inspired, KeyZ 4 3Z?

I'm fairly certain it doesn't go like this: "the lone Granger."

However it's spelled, this has potential for liftoff.

It could be right up there with "Miller Time," "Smits Happens" and "Schrempf Dip" in the pantheon of Reb yells. OK, they never used "Schrempf Dip," but not for lack of my suggesting. I also offered up "The Grand Teuton," but they didn't bite on that one either.

Had the Pacers been able to sign European sensation Gregor ****a, I had a pretty nice list developed but, alas, the deal fell through. Should Stanko Barac ever make it big in the NBA, stay tuned.

Exactly who's the father of this particular brainchild is a bit of a mystery. Daniels said it was a ballboy, but can't remember his name. Jermaine O'Neal said it was Daniels' idea. Jamaal Tinsley just likes saying it. Over and over and over again.

"I heard it all night last night," said Daniels after his 26-point game Wednesday that happened to include a career- high trio of threesies. "Even at the restaurant when we went to eat, J.T. was in there bothering me all night about it."

Being the relentless investigative reporter type I, of course, spent my post-practice time today inquiring if other players would like their own personal 3-point calls.

What do you say, Jamaal? Something along the lines of, "Ring the bell, Mel-Mel?"

"Unh-uh," he said. "I'll start missing 'em, and I'm having enough trouble making threes as it is."

Troy Murphy seems an ideal candidate, right? I mean, could it get more natural than "Trey Murphy?"

"No, no, no," he said, "but that 'Quisy for threesy' is awesome. That's great."

I was too obsessed with giving Travis Diener grief for not posting a blog yet to discuss this with him, but you know "Diener Time" will have to get strong consideration. If he ever gets any. Time, I mean.

Well, as you can probably tell, I'm quite busy and must run off to do my important corporate work, which includes attending meetings, scheduling meetings, figuring out creative ways to fill up my Outlook Calendar with fake meetings so that I always appear to be busy. And then I'll have to hurry home, and you know why.

I'll need to battle Rush Hour so I can make it home for Diener Time.

Default Re: Quisy for Threesy even better than Schrempf Dip {Conrad's blog 12/20/07}

Um...did he just steal LG's Rush Hour?

Default Re: Quisy for Threesy even better than Schrempf Dip {Conrad's blog 12/20/07}

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jamaal Tinsley just likes saying it. Over and over and over again.

"I heard it all night last night," said Daniels after his 26-point game Wednesday that happened to include a career- high trio of threesies. "Even at the restaurant when we went to eat, J.T. was in there bothering me all night about it."
    What? He should be ordering takeout and eating dinner in a sealed bunker!

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Also, count me in as somebody who hopes we can get Stanko and ****a on the team.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

You get this sense it's gonna stick.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What? He should be ordering takeout and eating dinner in a sealed bunker!

I picked up on the same thing. It's only a matter of time before these idiots get themselves killed by a sous chef someplace. I mean flaunting it like this, they're begging for it.

Have they never seen the Monty Python Dirty Fork sketch?