Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas to everyone

Default Merry Christmas to everyone

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.

But most of all I want to thank everyone who contributes to the Pacers Digest. I say this every year but the forum always helps me through some trying times. Every day I know I can log on and discuss the Pacers with the most knowledgeable Pacer fans anywhere, and that gives me pleasure each and every day.

Overall I haven't been this excited about the Pacers ball club since the 61 win season. This team won't win 61, they won't win 51, but I'm enjoying what I am seeing. After 3 disastrous seasons, I think we have finally turned the corner.

I did one of these Merry Christmas threads last year and I asked what do you like most about Christmas - and if you want to answer that - please go ahead.

But let me ask a Pacers related question in this thread. What do you like most about this current team right now.

Default Re: Merry Christmas to everyone

I like how we are starting to GEL as a team!

I like how Jamaal is Great with the COACH

I Like how Jermaine O'neal is a little bit happy

I like How Dunleavy has confidence now, It took him 5 years but its about time.

I like how Danny is improving and regressing and then improving every game!

I like how the whole team really has chemistry!

I have lots more to add but im too lazy!!
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

I come from a very separated family. Growing up, everyone always fought 364 days out of the year. Christmas, not so much. My family always came together on Christmas. And we're godless libs! The holiday just means so much to me and to my family. I always get a warm fuzzy feeling about it.

What I love most about the Pacers is that I was really upset after that Phoenix loss. I listened to the Jim O'Brien show as a pick me up only to find that coach was probably more upset than I was. He tried so hard to downplay it but the man obviously was having a hard time getting past it. It seems the team has taken that same approach to basketball, together. That's what I'm loving right now. We're a fan's team - everyone seems to be playing for the love of the game.

I too want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Whatever is your favorite thing to do - enjoy every second of it. Like UB, the Digest helps get me through some tough times.

What do I like best? The fact that our internet system has been upgraded over here allowing me to listen to each game.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I like that the two players I didn't like (JO & JT) are playing so well that I'm starting to like them.

I like that I like watching the Pacers play for reasons other than that they're my favorite team.

I like Jim O'Brien. I liked Carlisle too, but I'm very happy to have O'Brien here.

I like that we have a winning record and I'm not sitting around waiting for something bad to happen.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Very Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

I like most about Christmas is that one moment when you are all together and it kinda freezes as your maybe off to the side and you can see all of what made you and all of who you've impacted or made, in one vision..one earshot. I try to take a minds eye picture to keep with me all year... So let the moment come to you, stop where you're standing and See it, hear it...take a deep breath and drink it all in. Its pretty great.

If you aren't able to do this, this year, think about when you have before or even better the next time you will!

As for the Pacers, they are (in my best Larry Brown monotone impression) They are playing the right way... Finally.
    Last edited by Speed; 12-24-2007 at 07:38 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I figure I'd better own up here for being a freeloader low these past years. Due to not being able to post at work and then chasing kids around, by the time I am able to post a reply, it's already been said, and likely better than I would have said it anyway. This has led me to be a serial lurker at PD.

Thanks guys for providing a WEALTH of good discussion and insight on the team as I follow it from far away. Thanks to JayRedd and Magic Rat for keeping me laughing along the way.

Rcary will, I think, agree that our cable provider (Rogers) has made it much easier to follow the team, and it's been good basketball to watch, with the FSI feeds as an added bonus. I cannot tell you what a trip it was to be sitting in my living room in Ottawa during halftime during the Dallas game and them showing David and Quinn Buckner collecting food drive stuff at my old elementary school (Crooked Creek for those in Washington Twp area).

Merry Christmas to all, and thanks to all for providing this forum.

Drewtone
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All I want for Christmas is ESPN to do an edit of their commercial with Stephen A. in the RV talking about the revival of the Eastern conference.

And, of course, in the place of his beloved New York, they voice-over Indiana.

I don't care how obvious it would be... Probably be funny a little Chinese kung fu style.

But not as good as "Quisy for Theezy!"

Merry Christmas to all!

UB you know what I like most about this current TEAM? That they are just that a TEAM. No one seems bigger than anyone else right now. We win as a team which is important, but more importantly we don't look to place blame on one another when we lose. So we lose as a team as well which while losing is never a good thing its nice to see people stepping up to take responsibility for the actions.
    I like that JO has (at least so far) bought into the system.
    I like that Mike Dunleavy actually is playing like a third overall pick right now.
    I like that our coach gets along with our players while also being able to be stern with them.
    I like a lot of things about this team.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Team play and hard work.
    From the Pacers to us fans.
    Merry Christmas all!
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Sports Logo

Although I have met none of you....I consider all of you good friends. Because I live in the SF Bay Area.....there are no other Pacer fans that I know of. This means that the only people in the world that I can talk to about my favorite team is here on PD.

Merry Christmas to all of you.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although I have met none of you....I consider all of you good friends. Because I live in the SF Bay Area.....there are no other Pacer fans that I know of. This means that the only people in the world that I can talk to about my favorite team is here on PD.

Merry Christmas to all of you.
    hey.. im from the your city in the sf bay area and im a pacer fan!!!!!!!! lol
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Mood

Merry Christmas to you all.

What I like about the pacers is that they're playing with HEART. We haven't seen that since there was a guy..I forget his name....Reggie? Yeah, that's his name!

And I like seeing our teammates gel together. And seeing JT smile for once!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Merry Christmas

I like the offensive style and the defense has promise.

What I like most about Christmas is the celebration and family.

Merry Christmas
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-21-2007 at 06:59 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Question Re: Merry Christmas to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    2K sports just went offline...that blows.
    Merry Xmas?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Wake me up next season.
    Mood

Sports Logo

A very Merry Christmas to one and all. And also a Thank You to all for the
    entertainment you provide with mostly your expert insight, but also the wit,
    sarcasm, and even periodic head-butting that occurs.

I would have to say that I most like that the Pacers are developing a distinct
    identity and "signature" style of play; and it is keeping lots of opponents
    off-balance. Winning with style.

I like their grit and determination; they have alot more heart than before.

Just all-around much much better than the "La-La Land" of the last couple
    seasons.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

As a relatively new member here, but a relatively old member of the human race, I just want to say I have a lot of fun reading the witty and insightful posts on PD...as well as the not-so-witty, ticked off, and just plain goofy stuff. It's all good.

ABADays, hang in there. Been there, done that. Coming home and telling stories about it is the best part.

Having the Pacers trying hard and seeing results is a good Christmas present.

Merry Christmakwanzanakkuh, everyone.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Merry Christmas all. This forum is full of some really cool people.

I like how the Pacers have stuck it up their critics so far.

Merry Christmas everyone!

My favorite thing about this Pacers team is the genuine chemistry they seem to have developed, on and off the floor. Call it camaraderie, chemistry, whatever.. they just seem to enjoy being around each other much more than years past. Another thing I love is Jim O'Brien's direct, no-BS approach when speaking to players and the media. No more listening to Carlisle rephrase the same response 47 different ways.

As for Christmas, my favorite part is the cozy memories with my family on Christmas growing up - decorating the tree, opening presents, burying the cat in wrapping paper.. Sounds weird, but I'll always remember the smell (they say smell is the most nostalgic of all senses). Our family always kept our Christmas tree, stockings and other holiday stuff up in the attic, which had its own distinct smell (that of an attic), and I would always notice it when they'd have everything out on Christmas. Now anytime I smell something similar I think of Christmas =]

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I like most about Xmas is that one moment when you are all together and it kinda freezes as your maybe off to the side and you can see all of what made you and all of who you've impacted or made, in one vision..one earshot. I try to take a minds eye picture to keep with me all year... So let the moment come to you, stop where you're standing and See it, hear it...take a deep breath and drink it all in. Its pretty great.
    Although I don't like shortening the word Christmas as many do, let me say that the rest of your post is one of the nicest thoughts I've read for awhile.

Thanks.

There is one thing that happens this time of year that I have never quite understood.

Why is it that when a group of people wander around town at night singing, people call it "Caroling", yet when I do it, it's called "drunk and disorderly"?

Never understood that.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Merry Christmas everyone, I love this site sometimes when I miss games I don't even bother reading the espn recap as our game threads are much more entertaining and probably more insightful then some espn writer coud come up with.

My favorite thing about this team is that I have a hope that we're going to win the next game we play. I can remember during the past couple of seasons knowing we needed to win this or that game and then seeing somebody like a dallas a phoenix or spurs on the schedule and just know it was most likely a loss. We give ourselves a fighting chance each and every night we might not win them all but we haven't rolled over for anyone this entire season.

My favorite thing about christmas is being with family and friends. Also watching one of my favorite movies "It's A Wonderful Life" on christmas eve every year on NBC. The lights, the snow, the christmas tree's and the nice food on christmas day

Mood

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

What I like about christmas is just the holiday season in general, as well as all the family and friends over. Its an awesome time.

What I like about our current team is their never give up attitude. Its something I wanted to see from them for some time now, also It looks as if JT is finally maturing as a player/leader if you will.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I like the ball movement.

From the quick tempo up the floor to cutters, penetration and kicking it back out in the halfcourt. JO ball is only one of about five options, up from one or two last year.

It's fun to watch.

And JOB's standards and accountability are a great breath of fresh air.

On Christmas, Bishop Kallistos Ware has said that to be a person is to reflect. Animals do not reflect. Christmas is the time of year when you relax, chill, stop all the agendas, and just enjoy friends and family and reflect on the year.

I've only met one member of this board. Arkman and I attended a Pacers game in Atlanta once. He doesn't post anymore.

This board cracks me up. Intrigues me. I write for a living. I'm pretty good at it. And there are several people on this board that run circles around my abilities. It's like my involvement with jazz (head of the local jazz association). It's a funny slice of life, because a guy who could appear to be the lowest form of humanity rotting in the gutter just may be one of most talented jazz artists you've ever met. I think our country's best writers may be sitting in cubicles processing insurance claims.

Anyway, I'm a fan of the personalities and talents on this board as much as I am a fan of the Pacers. This forum is a blessing and a gift, providing some human interaction during seasons of life when I'm obscessing on certain projects and socially deprived. Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 12-22-2007 at 01:13 AM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown