Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do u not get a Technical for this??

Talking How do u not get a Technical for this??

haha i love Jamaal.

But how did he not get a T for this.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How do u not get a Technical for this??

He does that about 3 times each and every game... You just never hear it that clearly
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

I've always wondered what players say to each other on the court, or field for that matter.

I think it's kinda funny. Your watching a game and then you hear a player say something like that. Kinda stands out.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I wonder if anyone on the team or JOB has went to Jamaal and said..."Tinsley...any idea why they might not give you that call?"

I was talking to a co-worker about this today, and to me, and her, it seems that the "and1 mother-fu**er" is directed at the refs, asking for the foul (and 1). With how touchy the refs are with players complaining etc... It makes me really wonder how he gets away with this?? And why aren't our coaches or TPTB telling him to stop? If not they really should, it's not like they don't hear that. I mean everyone in the Mother-f'n stadium hears it, and everyone on TV.

Some of you might think it's funny, but how many of you with kids would ever bring them back to a Pacer game after hearing him yell that 3x a game? I myself, think it's hilarious, but most Pacer fans aren't gonna dig that, and it only isolates our fan base even more
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 12-18-2007 at 01:49 AM.

On a level it is endearing. However, it most likely isn't conducive to T'bird's child-lined courts.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He does that about 3 times each and every game... You just never hear it that clearly
    Um, three? Hardly.

Every single shot inside always. Seriously. We've been laughing about it for at least the last year or so. It really caught on around here around the time that Foster pulled the "Good azz defense" out for a game.

My main issue is that he does it on so many missed shots. Gotta hit the bucket before it's an and-1, foul or not. Even if he cleaned it up it would still be pretty goofy and usually incorrect.

The ratio of his calling for it vs actually getting an and-1 FT has to be horrible. Maybe 5% I'd guess.

I'd guess it was directed at the players.

That's easily a comment you'll hear on the street every day where guys are playing ball. And there are no refs there at all to be talking to.

-- Steve --

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWTF View Post

Some of you might think it's funny, but how many of you with kids would ever bring them back to a Pacer game after hearing him yell that 3x a game? I myself, think it's hilarious, but most Pacer fans aren't gonna dig that, and it only isolates our fan base even more
    I have brought my younger cousin to probably 10 Pacer games when I return to Indiana to visit my family, we sit in the 8th row, and we've heard something similar to that only one time.

It's been a lot worse when we walk by some guy screaming into his cellphone on the street downtown. No matter where you go in public, you're going to hear profanity, it's unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    I'd guess it was directed at the players.

That's easily a comment you'll hear on the street every day where guys are playing ball. And there are no refs there at all to be talking to.

-- Steve --
    Yeah, I've always taken that as being aimed at whoever was guarding him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Me & my friends used to say that to each other years ago when we played pickup ball. It came from one of the first And 1 shoe commercials. Of course they didn't say And 1 Motherf***** in the commercial, but it's a phrase that kinda spread around from that commercial. I'm sure it's directed to the player, not the ref.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    I have brought my younger cousin to probably 10 Pacer games when I return to Indiana to visit my family, we sit in the 8th row, and we've heard something similar to that only one time.

It's been a lot worse when we walk by some guy screaming into his cellphone on the street downtown. No matter where you go in public, you're going to hear profanity, it's unavoidable.
    I guarantee your younger cousin hears profanity everyday at school. The kids these days cuss like drunken sailors.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Banned

It is a very small step to make the arguement that if he talks like this on the court than he probably made similiar comments to the thugs who shot up downtown Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    It is a very small step to make the arguement that if he talks like this on the court than he probably made similiar comments to the thugs who shot up downtown Indy.
    small step for you maybe, but a giant leap for me

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post

I wouldn't doubt it, but what does that matter? It still doesn't make the reaction by those "thugs" right. Listen to an NBA game close enough and Jamaal would probably sound like a Saint compared to some of the other thing's you'll hear players say.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    small step for you maybe, but a giant leap for me

Seriously, he said that?

Makes me glad I've got him on ignore.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Seriously, he said that?

Makes me glad I've got him on ignore.

Your kidding right? Do you seriously think that Tins doesn't use that kind of language away from the court? If you have me on ignore it is because you can't deal with the truth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it, but what does that matter? It still doesn't make the reaction by those "thugs" right. Listen to an NBA game close enough and Jamaal would probably sound like a Saint compared to some of the other thing's you'll hear players say.

It matters because his words could have given the situation wheels. All we have is Tins version of how the shoot up started. Given his track record his word is not gold. A many of bar fights have started over words and to exclude this from the arguement is rather naive.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

So basically in EB's world the proper response to (mean words) is automatic rifle fire.

Sure, makes sense.

Oddly enough I have this weird vibe that EB says a lot of mean things toward me....well, I guess I know what is expected of me if I'm to maintain proper social discourse by his standards. I'm just not sure I'm sophisticated enough to handle it, I might have to stick with the big ig instead.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    So basically in EB's world the proper response to (mean words) is automatic rifle fire.

Sure, makes sense.

Oddly enough I have this weird vibe that EB says a lot of mean things toward me....well, I guess I know what is expected of me if I'm to maintain proper social discourse by his standards. I'm just not sure I'm sophisticated enough to handle it, I might have to stick with the big ig instead.
    Is this aimed at me? IF so I never stated that gunfire is the correct response to "mean words". .
    Last edited by Elgin56; 12-18-2007 at 03:05 PM.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I guarantee your younger cousin hears profanity everyday at school. The kids these days cuss like Irish drunken sailors.

Fixed

I watched that Pacers/Heat game and don't recall hearing on-the-court dialog between players quite so...clearly.

Still, that's just part of the trash-talking that goes on between players in every game. Nothing new here, folks. Ask Uncle Reggie Miller about some of the things he use to say to his defenders back in the day. I'm sure they were alot worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    LOL./ . 3 Times? Pretty much all game. . sometimes he even yells it from the Bench
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    Me & my friends used to say that to each other years ago when we played pickup ball. It came from one of the first And 1 shoe commercials. Of course they didn't say And 1 Motherf***** in the commercial, but it's a phrase that kinda spread around from that commercial. I'm sure it's directed to the player, not the ref.
    How could you think its not directed at the ref? He is asking for a foul call by yelling that.

Elgin's mentality is the problem with the average non-die hard Pacers fan. To go out of your way to say you don't support Jamaal and to try and say the shooting was his fault instead of focusing on the outstanding season he's having on the court is ridiculous. These days if you asked the casual fan why they aren't going to games they can't give any excuse for the play on the court because it has been exciting and has produced results.

Reminds me of this