Thread: Jack Nicholson is a Jack ***

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Jack Nicholson is a Jack ***

I'm constantly amazed by him thinking he has the right to jaw with opposing players and coaches the way he does. Flip had to tell him to sit his *** down.

The Lakers and their fans -- above the law.

Default Re: Jack Nicholson is a Jack ***

Spike Lee does it too.

If I'm down on the court at a Pacers game, I sure as heck am going to jaw at the refs, players, coaches, mascots, cheerleaders, whatever. That's what you get for throwing down that kind of money.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Should the coaches/refs/players have the right to tell you to sit down if you're in the front row and you have to stand up and either lean over or take step to do it?

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

I can't remember the details, but wasn't there a game once (don't remember if it was college or pro) where the ref called a technical on the crowd or someone in the crowd and had a player on the opposing team shoot FTs?

OTOH, this could be either an urban legend or a sports dream I had one time...
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't remember the details, but wasn't there a game once (don't remember if it was college or pro) where the ref called a technical on the crowd or someone in the crowd and had a player on the opposing team shoot FTs?

No, it definitely happened -- I witnessed the game. Alas, I can't remember what game it was, but I do know that it was the team I was rooting for that got hosed by the call. I was in absolute shock over it. It may have even been IU. I'm pretty sure it was a college game.

I'm not sure either, but I think it happened.

I also remember the refs delaying the game because a fan had a poster of a woman in a swimsuit under the basket while Shaquille O'Neal was trying to shoot a free throw. I guess they thought it was distracting him.

I recall that there was a Miami Heat game where avid fan Jimmy Buffett was enraged by a call, and it made SportsCenter. He might have gotten T'd up, I don't know.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

When you pay the kind of money that he has, he can do that. Noone is bothered by it.

Buffett was ejected, but no technical:

http://www.freep.com/sports/otherspo...5_20010205.htm
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

If I had coutside seats I would suck up to the refs beyond belief. I figure they are used to getting screamed at by everyone so a fan doing it would have little to no effect. But if you get them feeling good maybe it rubs off on your team a bit (who knows). I'd learn all their names, their likes, try to talk to them at timeouts and delays in the action.

woman without a team

I don't think fans should have seats on the same sideline as the benches. We don't have them at Conseco.