Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you smoke weed?

Default Re: nanny state

Sorry guys, but there used to be a thing called freedom and pursuit of happiness in this country. As to the marion county sherrif, I would be interested to know the context of that quote from Orwell, because I am more than a little bit sure that it is a misquote, in other words the meaning has to be taken in context. Sounds like it could have come directly from Big Brother and I seem to remember a similar phrase in 1984 which was used by the inner party to justify torture.

Why hello there! I have heard that my selected quote is often debated as not belonging to Orwell, and I have heard your theory that it was a *******ization from 1984 as well. I found it on a site and thought it was cool.

Finally there is still free speech in this country and if marion county deputy wants to try to put the squeeze on me he is more than welcome to try, I live in Lafayette by the way. I have police officers in my extended family and they have told me of how often they overlook it, while pigs like you get they're raises and kicks from harassing kids. Heil Hitler and f*** you.
    Are you afraid you might have to go after real criminals if this cottage industry is taken away from you?

I posted as a joke, I though it would be humerous. Marijuanna use is pretty widespread throught the area I work in, I have come across it several times. The county officials trust me to use discretion when I am at a scene, I haven't always arrested people when I have found it, and I certainly do not spend my work hours hounding it out. As far as real criminals go I have seen my fair share, in fact I venture to say the greater Indianapolis area is much more prevalent to violent crime than Lafayette. I have arrested all kinds, and yes I have arrested people who were smoking and in possesion of marijuanna as well. I am a public servant, and I swore an oath to uphold the laws in my jurisdiction, I don't always agree with the laws, but I don't have the liberty to pick and choose which ones I uphold. In our country the common citizens create the laws, if enough people got together and decided to legalize MJ, I wouldn't have to enforce it, but until that day comes, let the smoker beware. As far as putting the "squeeze" on you, not sure where I have trampled on your rights? I have only been to Lafayette once in my whole life, so your probably safe, although now that I know where to look...watch out!! You seem a bit paranoid, I have heard that is a side effect of excessive pot smoking, you might want to put your pipe down for a little while and calm down. Sheesh!!, sorry for posting
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Default Re: Do you smoke weed?

Certainly smoking pot causes some form of lung disease or cancer.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sure the resin isn't exactly good for you, plus no filters...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by sig
    That's why I only sell the stuff and don't smoke it.

That's why I only sell the stuff and don't smoke it.
    That's reasonable
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

* Tobacco contains nicotine, and marijuana doesn't. Nicotine hardens the arteries and is responsible for much of the heart and lung disease caused by tobacco.

* Marijuana contains THC. THC is a bronchial dilator, which means it works like a cough drop and opens up your lungs, which aids clearance of smoke and dirt. Nicotine does just the opposite; it makes your lungs
    bunch up and makes it harder to cough anything up.

* NO CASE OF LUNG CANCER RESULTING FROM MARIJUANA USE ALONE HAS EVER BEEN DOCUMENTED.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, but I have been clean for 3 weeks now.

People are misinformed about Marijuana and the effects. The truth is, Marijuana is ALOT safer than one of the most commonly prescribed drugs in america, antibiotics. Unfortunatly I know this from first hand experience.

so I don't want to hear any talk of, "oh marijuana is so harmful".

For Those Who Don't Smoke

Smoking raises the senses and creativity of the mind. For those of you who have never smoked it, the best way I can describe it is you feel like your in heaven.

A Pacer Game When High

I used to love to smoke and then watch a Pacer game, it is the most amazing experience. Basically, since your senses are so keen the Players look like they are standing right infront of you and the crowd sounds so real. Every little cut and pick...every bounce of the ball is just so amazing.

It is really undescribable.

Now don't get the stereotypical pothead image in your head. I know alot of people who smoke the sticky icky and they all look like standup young men and women. They look just like the typical good kid...and they are good kids who will grow up to be fine adults, Marijuana doesn't change a person (only in extreme cases).

So who else? I know I am not the only one.
    *Co-Sign* Except for the 1st sentence
    Follow me on Twitter! @Hookjaw_Rox

Personally, I don't much care. I put marijuana in the same category as alcohol and tobacco, but I wouldn't mind living in a state where all three were controlled (if not illegal) substances. No skin off my back either way, and the air would smell better.

I think it's stupid to put yourself in a position where you need a chemical to function. I don't care if it's booze, baccy, pot, or ritalin. If you can't walk away from it, you're in trouble. And if you CAN walk away from it, then why don't you?
    [color=blue:220e4a116b]
    So I guess you are immune to vices then. Since they are ALL just matters of choice. You've never over eaten, much less carry a lb extra. Never had premarital sex either right. Because CERTAINLY, if you CAN walk away from it, YOU CERTAINLY DO!!!
    (right?)
    [/color]
    What's with the fire, chief? I just said I was ok with legalizing and that put you over the top? Maybe you DO need the wacky weed!

The rest of what you said was true, though. I don't carry an extra pound, and I kept it in my pants until I was married. I own my desires, they don't own me.

Trust me on this one. It's not the road of excess that leads to wisdom, it's the road of self-control. Maryjane, alcohol, tobacco, food, work, anger, religion, it doesn't matter. Either you own it or it owns you.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I haven't always arrested people when I have found it

I swore an oath to uphold the laws ... I don't have the liberty to pick and choose which ones I uphold.
    :

I swore an oath to uphold the laws ... I don't have the liberty to pick and choose which ones I uphold.
    :
    I can see how I used a poor choice of words here. Let me see if I can explain it better. I was being accused of going around locking up every pot smoker out there, which isn't true. When I have found small trivial amounts of pot, I have let it go, two guys sitting on their back porch not-bothering anybody else, I have let it go. However, when I find people smoking it while driving, possesion in large quanities, I am sworn to uphold the law. Does that sound better?

I wonder if your going to continue to goad me into a war of words each time I post now. I didn't respond to your _________ _________ postings, hoping that I got my point a cross, and perhaps even if you didn't admit regret, you'll certainly think twice before posting something racist in the future. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, and responding to your message, as if your just curious about what I said. I hope Im right......
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

While it's nice that everybody got to sound off on this topic, I think it has run its course.

Hicks,

would you mind moving this to the PUB? I, for one, would greatly appreciate not having to read a header about POT when I go to read something about the Pacers. Sorry for being a stick in the mud but it's not of interest to me and has nothing to do with the Pacers (even if KStat thinks we all smoke it )
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Actually, I think I will "Pub it". Really has no business here anyway.

Thank you.

:
    I can see how I used a poor choice of words here. Let me see if I can explain it better. I was being accused of going around locking up every pot smoker out there, which isn't true. When I have found small trivial amounts of pot, I have let it go, two guys sitting on their back porch not-bothering anybody else, I have let it go. However, when I find people smoking it while driving, possesion in large quanities, I am sworn to uphold the law. Does that sound better?

I wonder if your going to continue to goad me into a war of words each time I post now. I didn't respond to your _________ _________ postings, hoping that I got my point a cross, and perhaps even if you didn't admit regret, you'll certainly think twice before posting something racist in the future. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, and responding to your message, as if your just curious about what I said. I hope Im right......
    F'k you.... I've never posted anything racist and you know it.

:

This has to stop. Now. No more "F you"s, no more bringing that up unless it's to do something good with it. Both of you. It needs to die before it grows to anything bigger.

I should close this, seeing as how it's going, plus everyone's voted and had their say. I'll give it a day to see if it goes back to subject, but if it doesn't, I'm just gonna end it. This can't continue.

You keep grouping me in with him. You guys ignored an obivously distasteful message. You and another moderator both aknowledged that it was wrong a whole debate was made over the incident. I said my peace and in a Private Message to you told you I would leave it alone. Since that email he posted the __________ __________ email which was an obvious attack at me, with nothing done except locking the thread, I could have started it all over again but I didn't I just let it go. Now he attacked me in this thread. You said cease fire, and I have, he is the one with the finger on the trigger. Tell me exactly what you'd like me to do.

:

This has to stop. Now. No more "F you"s, no more bringing that up unless it's to do something good with it. Both of you. It needs to die before it grows to anything bigger.

I should close this, seeing as how it's going, plus everyone's voted and had their say. I'll give it a day to see if it goes back to subject, but if it doesn't, I'm just gonna end it. This can't continue.

I'll stop posting about it after I say this...

Marion Deputy interpreted my post as a racial slur. IT WAS NOT.... period. His association of the words "ghetto" and the "N" word is HIS problem, not mine.

Even though I have been an active member for 5 years and have submitted over 7000 combined posts on the Star board and this one AND NOT ONCE SAID ANYTHING REMOTELY RACIST.... Marion Deputy takes ONE sentence I wrote, adds HIS OWN word to it and then proclaims me to be a racist based on HIS interpretation of what word best fit the sentence.

The original version of that sentence was "You can take a thug outta the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto outta the thug."

Ron Artest IMO was acting just like a street corner thug in the last half of the 4th quarter of the ECF... and thats all there was to it.

Marion Deputy is a ______ , and Hicks owes me a public apology on here for jumping on a bandwagon that he KNEW full well was false.

aside from that..... I was here during the very formation and founding of this online community and was an active memeber of the Star board for YEARS before this message board was even conceived... my history speaks for itself regardless of what some "johnny come lately" poster the likes of Marion Deputy thinks.

To me it is essentially a non issue as the posters whos opinions I care about have sent me several supportive pm's and have made it known that they agree it was Marion Deputy simply looking for some kinda attention and being a sensationalist. Everybody knows I'm not a racist.

the end

I'll stop posting about it after I say this...

Marion Deputy interpreted my post as a racial slur. IT WAS NOT.... period.
    Not to you, it wasn't. But you foolishly left it open to interpretation and it back-fired. That's reality.

His association of the words "ghetto" and the "N" word is HIS problem, not mine.
    Not really. I'm sure someone can explain it better than I can, but even if you meant ghetto thug, that's still not a good thing. Especially towards a black person.

Even though I have been an active member for 5 years and have submitted over 7000 combined posts on the Star board and this one AND NOT ONCE SAID ANYTHING REMOTELY RACIST....
    That's true, you haven't. That's why I was particularly surprised it came from you. It's also why I haven't flat out called you a racist, nor taken any real action against you on this. Benefit of the doubt has played a big part in what's gone on already.

Marion Deputy takes ONE sentence I wrote, adds HIS OWN word to it and then proclaims me to be a racist based on HIS interpretation of what word best fit the sentence.

The original version of that sentence was "You can take a thug outta the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto outta the thug."
    You asked for it. If all you meant was thug, you should have said thug. Period. Not left some stupid "__________"s to leave it open to interpretation. Are you really foolish enough to not know what that looks like when you blank it out? What sane person blanks out "thug"?

Ron Artest IMO was acting just like a street corner thug in the last half of the 4th quarter of the ECF... and thats all there was to it.
    And you brought me and you a big mess because you didn't just say that. Instead you decide to get cute, and it cost you. Or you're lying right now and trying to save face. I'd like to think the former, but it doesn't fit all that well, frankly.

Marion Deputy is a ______ , and Hicks owes me a public apology on here for jumping on a bandwagon that he KNEW full well was false.
    More cutesy "_______"s, huh? Haven't you learned by now those are just trouble? Say what you're gonna say from now on.

As for me, I owe you ****. Your comment looked bad. Really bad. And I was even going to let it slide. But when someone didn't, I felt like agreeing with him, because I DID agree with him. I have nothing to apologize for.

aside from that..... I was here during the very formation and founding of this online community and was an active memeber of the Star board for YEARS before this message board was even conceived... my history speaks for itself regardless of what some "johnny come lately" poster the likes of Marion Deputy thinks.
    You've been around a long time, and that's great. But that doesn't have any bearing on whether you or MarionDeputy is right or wrong in this. Not at all.

To me it is essentially a non issue as the posters whos opinions I care about have sent me several supportive pm's and have made it known that they agree it was Marion Deputy simply looking for some kinda attention and being a sensationalist.
    Then I think they are blind. Marion wasn't putting on a show. He was reacting to a statement that again, because you were seemingly foolish enough to leave it open to interpreation, looked racist and stupid. He was right to say something.

Again I have to ask, what kind of a nut blanks out the word "thug" if that's all he means? None that I know of, because it doesn't make sense. Instead, it looks like you're trying to save face because you screwed up.

If you can't see how making reference to a stament from a two-generations-old Hoosier about a black person, while adding these blanks to this statement: "You can take a _________ outta the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto outta the ___________." can be easily seen as a racist stament, you are either extremely naive, blind, or you meant what you said and you didn't have the guts to just say it instead of blanking it out, and are now back-peddling.

I have to be honest. I've liked you since I've known you. And like you ended your post with:

Everybody knows I'm not a racist.
    Normally I'd agree. And I hope that's not true because I do like your personality (normally) and was looking forward to meeting you and the rest this July. But this series of events have made you look really bad to me, and I'm far from alone in that opinion.

Up until now I've tried my best to bite my tongue publicly to be quiet about this, but this last post was just one too many.

And I don't owe you **** either... so what was the point in all this?

There is no way in hell I will ever apologize for giving small minded people the opportunity to practice their craft.

If I left an empty bucket in front of your door and you take a ***** in it... does it then become my fault that you have a bucket of ***** on your front door step? You could have put anything in it you wanted to but instead you decided to ***** in it and it becomes my fault for giving you that opportunity....

Lets not speak of this on the message board any longer.... I'll see ya in July, this will be the most interesting party to date.

I'll see ya in July, this will be the most interesting party to date.
    What's this about? We can't just talk basketball in person, or do you feel the need to be a jerk about it? I'm going to go to talk basketball, and enjoy everyone being there. Can you say the same?

And I'll ask again. If you meant thug, why on earth "________" it? That doesn't make any sense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And I'll ask again. If you meant thug, why on earth "________" it? That doesn't make any sense.
    First of, FTC, I don't know you from Adam, but I have come to enjoy you as a fellow Pacers fan.

I've been keeping tabs on this whole thing (which I think is blown waaaay out of proportion by practically everyone involved, btw), and I have to be honest -- when I saw that phrase, "thug" is not the word that came to mind. I have never seen the word "thug" considered so offensive as to blank it out. That's where this whole mess starts.

I don't blame Marion Deputy for bringing it up -- he obviously took offense to his interpretation of it, which is not an uncommon interpretation. I definitely think the record could have been set straight more clearly, though, without resorting to all the personal insults and flames.

Let's just please let this whole issue die. Hopefully everyone has learned from this experience. I don't believe anyone on here is a racist, personally, and it is very easy to misinterpret things on internet message boards.

MD, FTC said that he meant "thug." Since there is no way to disprove that, you'll just have to go with his word. His track record speaks well for him anyway, so I'm sure many of us can vouch for that.

FTC, please be more clear on your phrasing in the future. I'm sure that when you wrote that you didn't think it would blow up into a big issue, but it has. We all just have to learn from experience and try to be a little more clear in the future.

Now, from this point on, no more flaming or personal insults from ANYONE. Newb or old-timer alike.

I have spoken.

Exactly.

You guys are being too nice.

Exactly.

You guys are being too nice.
    Funny how we weve had all these postings, he probably had 10 times now where he could have explained what he actually met. And now that the fats in the fire we get the truth? Please....... Let's not forget his grandpa was famous for saying this phrase. Im sure his grandpa knows all about "thug life" as well and used that phrase all the time. This back peddling could churn the ocean. Even substituting thug in the sentence still makes it an insensitive remark.

The question still has not been answered:

And we probably won't get an answer, because the truth is painfully obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by pollardfreek
    I have never tried weed or alcohol before, and probably never will. Not that I haven't had opportunities. I could probably name over 20 people I hang out with every day at my high school that smoke weed, and even more that drink. I don't stay away from alcohol and weed from a moral standpoint or anything, I just don't like the taste.

P.S.- The pothead sterotype is very true. I've seen guys who used to be totally normal go to zombies who just stare at stuff all the time and have slurred speech. Drug Free's the way to be!
    Holy ****! Did I write that? LOL! Man, it's crazy how things can change in a couple of years. I don't think people should put Marijuana down unless they've tried it and gotten totally blown. It's the best feeling in the world.

*EDIT* I'm also curious to know if anyone else that posted in this thread has changed their opinion, either for or against.