Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you smoke weed?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Do you smoke weed?

Why, let's look at some actual statistics! What an idea. ed:

Obviously Kstat was wrong, and this PD survey is as well. I hope we can let this go now.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Artestaholic

I don't smoke weed but I do smoke crack and shoot heroin but not everyday.

Smoke weed = ever smoked weed or has smoked weed more than twice???
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here is a question I have for everyone parents and non-parents. If you don't have kids, pretend you do.

What would you do if you found your child smoking weed?
    Talk to the child.

Educate the child.

Show the child research on the topic.

If you have smoked previously, share first hand knowledge (both negative and positive).

Instill in them that you do not want them to partake in it.

But they can do as they choose once they are an adult.

Here is a question I have for everyone parents and non-parents. If you don't have kids, pretend you do.

Because of how I was raised, and my belief that it's definitely not a necessary thing (and if it's illegal, that's enough in and of itself), I'd make them stop as best I could.

I'd prefer my children to not do any drugs (besides obviously medical drugs).

I mean, if they become social drinkers as adults, that's fine. But beyond that I'd be against it, if anything because of their health. I'd want my kids as healthy as they possibly can be. Right now I extend that to my nieces, and later will to any kids I may have.

I want to know who's smoking it now and plans to again.

Artestaholic

Ok I just voted and it said 2 for "yes", I refresh the page 30 seconds later and it says 3...obnoxiousmodesty...shame on you!

Obviously Kstat was wrong, and this PD survey is as well. I hope we can let this go now.
    I don't see anything wrong with my survey; I'm just asking who here does it. I didn't ask what % nationally do it. Just this forum. Purely based on curiousity.

Nerd.
    Mood

Ok I just voted and it said 2 for "yes", I refresh the page 30 seconds later and it says 3...obnoxiousmodesty...shame on you!
    It was me.

I see nothing wrong with partaking in marijuana.

ok cool, then i voted the correct way!
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Any reason you're trying to drive home the fact that alcohol is a drug? I know it is, do you think most people don't know? Just asking.

Speaking for myself, growing up the message was basically drinking and smoking was bad, doing other drugs was worse
    I'm sure that most people know that alcohol is techncially a drug, however many people won't identify a person who uses alcohol as a "drug user". Most people simply don't stop to really think about it, it's just ingrained.

So when I see people say that they are taught or believe that "drugs" are really bad, I am always curious if that includes alcohol.

For example, Hicks, you say that growing up the message was basically drinking was bad, doing other drugs was worse, when in fact using alcohol is at least as bad as smoking weed, and as in many ways worse. Alcohol use is a major, major health and public safety problem. Yet it carries very little if any stigma and is quite socially acceptable (i.e. beer ads everywhere, etc).

Looks like it's 90% that DON'T smoke weed.

You guys are making me feel like a naughty boy. Shame on me!!!

You guys are making me feel like a naughty boy. Shame on me!!!

We are clean and you are impure.

People are misinformed about Marijuana and the effects. The truth is, Marijuana is ALOT safer than one of the most commonly prescribed drugs in america, antibiotics. Unfortunatly I know this from first hand experience.

so I don't want to hear any talk of, "oh marijuana is so harmful".
    Most people don't take antibiotics regularly or as a recreational activity.

Now don't get the stereotypical pothead image in your head. I know alot of people who smoke the sticky icky and they all look like standup young men and women.
    Pot screws with your brain, man. There's no discounting this... there's a reason that the "sterotypical pothead image" exists! And it ain't bad sitcoms. A good friend of mine was a clean-looking "standup young man" when he started weed. A year later he was telling me how much safer pot is than nicotene. Three years later, and he is the stereotype. The kid was freaking brilliant, and now he's a stoner. Such a stupid waste.

------

By the way, this isn't to say that tobacco is safe. Everybody knows about tar, nicotene, etc. But the two worst things don't even make the surgeon general's warning:
    - Continually breathing in superheated air will eventually kill off the cilia in your upper lungs. You need them to move mucus around... without them, mucus builds up in lung sacs and you lose lots of capacity.
    - The really bad one. Tobacco is a natural condenser of several radioactive elements, especially thorium. A pack-a-day smoker will put 2 rems (2,000 millirems) a year directly into their lungs. That's some nasty nasty nasty stuff.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

You mean like RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT... ? LOL

yeah, I'm all f'd up. WAKE AND BAKE BABY!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Never have-never will.

My 1st wife took it up in her late 20's and eventually aided in our break up and her death.

YES HER DEATH. She was epileptic and on epilepsy medication. Don't mix medication with pot folks, it's lethal.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

:EDITED:

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Alright, since I feel somewhat responsible for initiating the whole thing with my question for Kstat in the other thread, let me throw my final 2 cents in on this.

Since Kstat has not made any statements regarding this question, I'm gonna make the assumption that the "90%" claim was just a bit of debate hyperbole, not any kind of a definitive statement. That's cool with me if that's the case. Even if it wasn't, since we can't "prove" the actual percentage of weed use in this forum, not even by Hicks' poll, the question ultimately won't get resolved anyway. I'm ready to move on.

:
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

No, I don't. I have been brought up on the belief that smoking anything or drinking is wrong, and I intend to continue that till the day I die (which should be many many years from now)

The funny thing is, I could have had many opportunities to try. One roommate of mine was a pothead, and smoked. And my best friend drinks quite a bit. So the opportunities are there for the taking.

Yet I do not believe that is what I should do. I call myself a clean man...lol.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

The fact is - it's illegal so that's a good enough reason for me not to do it...(although in Canada the whole situation is a mess right now...dang Liberals).
    So you don't do anything illegal?
    Ugh...I'm not going to lie - you got me.
    I don't know - from a young, young age I was brought up to believe that drugs were HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE things and it really just stuck with me. I have honestly never inhaled anything like a cigarette, cigar, marijuana under my own will (but then there is second hand smoke).

I have also seen some of my friends high - and they just striked me to be stupid so I didn't want to do it for that reason, and I didn't want to let down my parents for sure.
    That's basically my story as well.
    Third'd Ow my bandwagon
    Ditto.

I drink beer occasionally. Haven't had anything harder in years. And I can't drink beer fast enough to get 'drunk' - I just get sleepy and bloated.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

They would be in big big trouble. Certainly by that age they will be well aware of my views on this, so I would not be starting from scratch.

I would take drastic steps if needed to stop it.

Never will and never have.

I had "opportunities" in college. I had friends who were potheads. After spending time with them, though, I just got to hate that smell.

I never drank heavily, and the rare occasions I did, I hated the feeling of not being in full control of myself.

I have a bit of a looser attitude on alcohol, though I recognize the problems it can cause. I never drink for the purpose of drinking, but I feel a glass of good wine or a good beer can add to the flavors of a nice meal. I never drink alcohol except for with meals.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Oh, and there was a certain aroma coming from the stalls in the men's room behind Section222 last Sunday night.

ed:
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

:EDITED: