Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you smoke weed?

Hybrid View

Mood

Default Do you smoke weed?

Consider this an anonymous survey. Since Kstat brought it up and claims 90% of us do, I want to know what % of us smokes weed. Please be honest since you don't have to tell us by posting.

Mood

Default Re: Do you smoke weed?

Already at least 3 people have clicked on this link and not voted. ed:

sweabs

Never have - never will.

And I LIVE IN CANADA! .

Mood

Why are people not voting? No one knows who you are, and it's a pretty easy question to answer, you either have or you haven't (or do or do not).

Maybe people will feel better if more people say what they voted: No, I haven't and do not plan to.

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

I'm assuming that Hicks put up this poll in response to the question I posed to Kstat about his "90%" claim in the "Question for Kstat" thread.

Let me make something clear. I didn't bring this up from a standpoint of moral indignation against people who smoke marijuana, nor am I naively claiming that no one on this forum smokes it. I just was curious about this very specific and high percentage that was quoted. I wouldn't even have bothered to ask if the statement was "and I bet some of you in this forum have tried/currently smoke weed too".

And no, I've never smoked it or plan to smoke it either...
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nope. And I have no desire to.

Of couse, I'm not a smoker nor much of a drinker either.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Never have, and never will. I have never done any drugs of any kind. Yes I have taken cold and cough medicine, and stuff for headaches, but even in those situations, I am very carefull.

I steadfastly refused to ever do any drugs.

Did drink a little in my early 20's, maybe got really drunk 3 or 4 times in my life. Never drink in High school.

Mood

With 14 votes, 92% of the board does NOT smoke weed so far.

I have never done any drugs of any kind.
    I steadfastly refused to ever do any drugs.
    Did drink a little in my early 20's, maybe got really drunk 3 or 4 times in my life. Never drink in High school.
    If you drank alchohol, you did drugs. Although I understand you probably meant illegal drugs. However, that alcohol happens to be legal to use makes it no less of a drug.

Meanwhile, Hicks, how should a person answer the poll if they used to smoke weed but haven't in years and don't plan to ever again?

Mood

Meanwhile, Hicks, how should a person answer the poll if they used to smoke weed but haven't in years and don't plan to ever again?
    I think that'd qualify as a no in this case, since I'm really just looking to see how many of us are weed smokers right now.

If you drank alchohol, you did drugs. Although I understand you probably meant illegal drugs. However, that alcohol happens to be legal to use makes it no less of a drug.
    Good point

Never have - never will.
    Your words are mine!

Mood

23 votes, 91% say no.

Yes, but I have been clean for 3 weeks now.

People are misinformed about Marijuana and the effects. The truth is, Marijuana is ALOT safer than one of the most commonly prescribed drugs in america, antibiotics. Unfortunatly I know this from first hand experience.

so I don't want to hear any talk of, "oh marijuana is so harmful".

For Those Who Don't Smoke

Smoking raises the senses and creativity of the mind. For those of you who have never smoked it, the best way I can describe it is you feel like your in heaven.

A Pacer Game When High

I used to love to smoke and then watch a Pacer game, it is the most amazing experience. Basically, since your senses are so keen the Players look like they are standing right infront of you and the crowd sounds so real. Every little cut and pick...every bounce of the ball is just so amazing.

It is really undescribable.

Now don't get the stereotypical pothead image in your head. I know alot of people who smoke the sticky icky and they all look like standup young men and women. They look just like the typical good kid...and they are good kids who will grow up to be fine adults, Marijuana doesn't change a person (only in extreme cases).

So who else? I know I am not the only one.

sweabs

The fact is - it's illegal so that's a good enough reason for me not to do it...(although in Canada the whole situation is a mess right now...dang Liberals).

The fact is - it's illegal so that's a good enough reason for me not to do it...(although in Canada the whole situation is a mess right now...dang Liberals).
    So you don't do anything illegal?

Mood

ROC, I don't see why you're defending it in the first place in this thread; no one attacked the use of it, nor those that do. Are you just sensitive because you use it?

sweabs

Ugh...I'm not going to lie - you got me.
    I don't know - from a young, young age I was brought up to believe that drugs were HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE things and it really just stuck with me. I have honestly never inhaled anything like a cigarette, cigar, marijuana under my own will (but then there is second hand smoke).

I have also seen some of my friends high - and they just striked me to be stupid so I didn't want to do it for that reason, and I didn't want to let down my parents for sure.

Mood

I don't know - from a young, young age I was brought up to believe that drugs were HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE things and it really just stuck with me. I have honestly never inhaled anything like a cigarette, cigar, marijuana under my own will (but then there is second hand smoke).

I have also seen some of my friends high - and they just striked me to be stupid so I didn't want to do it for that reason, and I didn't want to let down my parents for sure.
    That's basically my story as well.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's basically my story as well.
    Third'd Ow my bandwagon

ROC, I don't see why you're defending it in the first place in this thread; no one attacked the use of it, nor those that do. Are you just sensitive because you use it?
    Sorry, now that I read it...

I had a bad day today and my mother just came home from the hospital yesterday so I am on edge right now. I think this is a sign that I need some sleep...or I need to smoke a bowl

...sleep

I don't know - from a young, young age I was brought up to believe that drugs were HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE things and it really just stuck with me.
    Just curious if you feel the same way about alcohol.

Mood

I don't know - from a young, young age I was brought up to believe that drugs were HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE things and it really just stuck with me.
    Any reason you're trying to drive home the fact that alcohol is a drug? I know it is, do you think most people don't know? Just asking.

Speaking for myself, growing up the message was basically drinking and smoking was bad, doing other drugs was worse.

sweabs

I knew someone would ask me that.

But when I saw my parents drinking alcohol, it just never occurred to me that it was a "drug" also. I guess they really preached against illegal drugs and such - but obviously alcohol is no better.

Here is a question I have for everyone parents and non-parents. If you don't have kids, pretend you do.

What would you do if you found your child smoking weed?