Thread: JO backs Zeke

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post JO backs Zeke

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...acers_jer.html

Isiah Thomas has supporter as Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal keeps faith
    BY FRANK ISOLA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, December 17th 2007, 4:00 AM

Jermaine O'Neal blames the Knicks' 7-16 record on the players and not Isiah Thomas, the man responsible for assembling and coaching those players.

"I think the players have to put up a little bit more effort for the coach," O'Neal told the Indianapolis Star. "They have to figure it out because they have a lot of athletes. Isiah is a great coach, but it's up to the players to want to win, too. If the players don't put out the effort they need to put out then it's going to be a tough road for him."

O'Neal's support dates back to the days when Thomas coached him with the Pacers for three years. The two have remained close. In fact, O'Neal's high school coach and mentor, Knicks assistant coach George Glymph, followed Thomas from Indiana to Knicks.

Thomas has tried on several occasions to acquire the power forward, a former All-Star whose play has declined in recent years.

THORNY: Disgruntled forward Malik Rose was a no-show at yesterday's practice. A team spokesman said Rose's vehicle was blocked in by the snow. The rest of the team, however, all made it to the practice facility in Greenburgh.

Rose is seeking a trade and Thomas is trying to accommodate him. There is a possibility that the Knicks will negotiate a buyout with Rose, a tactic Thomas has used with veterans in the past, including Shandon Anderson, Maurice Taylor, Jalen Rose and Jerome Williams. ...

Thomas on the Pacers, who are 12-12 under new coach Jim O'Brien: "They've been great. I think (Jamaal) Tinsley is having an awesome year for them. He's kind of the key to the team the way they are playing. They're moving the ball and he's finding people all over the place and getting everybody good looks."
    JO...open your eyes, man. Zeke is a master manipulator.

Interesting timing on this article. Looks like someone's trying to supply someone with some bulletin board material for tonight's game.

Default Re: JO backs Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by JO
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I think the players have to put up a little bit more effort for the coach," O'Neal told the Indianapolis Star. "They have to figure it out because they have a lot of athletes. If Isiah is a great coach, it's up to the players to want to win, too. If the players don't put out the effort they need to put out then it's going to be a tough road for him."
    I suspect it is another case of JO and the omitted if. At least it makes more sense that way.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Zeke, you need this guy. He's perfect for you. And we'll even throw in a second big man with a nice shooting touch. All you need to do is mortgage your future, which you won't have anyway if you don't get Jermaine O'Neal.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Zeke, you need this guy. He's perfect for you. And we'll even throw in a second big man with a nice shooting touch. All you need to do is mortgage your future, which you won't have anyway if you don't get Jermaine O'Neal.

If we could deal JO and Troy to the Knicks for their 2008 first-rounder and expiring contracts, I'd be all over that.

JO & Murphy for Marbury, Rose, and NY's 2008 #1 works. We use the pick to get EJ and then Marbury and Rose come off the books at the end of next season.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Makes one question JO's thought process or he has complete blind loyalty......... really blind.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...acers_jer.html

JO...open your eyes, man. Zeke is a master manipulator.

Interesting timing on this article. Looks like someone's trying to supply someone with some bulletin board material for tonight's game.
    Well, JO states that the Knicks have talent and that they should play hard for Zeke cause he's a great coach.

If you're a Knick and don't think Zeke is a great coach, you think JO calling you out is going to work?

Don't think the any one on that team is proud to be a Knick after the summer events and Zeke throwing Starbury under the bus... Could be you next.

If we could deal JO and Troy to the Knicks for their 2008 first-rounder and expiring contracts, I'd be all over that.

JO & Murphy for Marbury, Rose, and NY's 2008 #1 works. We use the pick to get EJ and then Marbury and Rose come off the books at the end of next season.
    No, NY wins that. Include Lee and I'd listen, though.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Is it possible Zeke and Bird could set the egos aside and make a deal?

Man I just lost all respect for JO if he thinks Zeke is a great coach. I was just starting to think that this team with JO could make some waves , well I still do and right now are fun to watch with JO again. I will say sign me up for another NYK gives up way to much in a trade bandwagon!
    No matter how much success Larry Bird attains in Indiana he'll never top that first command to fire Thomas. -Peter Vecsey. NY Post 12/4/07

Quote Originally Posted by Shack80 View Post
    Man I just lost all respect for JO if he thinks Zeke is a great coach.
    Yall need to calm down.

Isiah was his mentor back when the dude was just a kid. What's he supposed to do? Not like Isiah anymore because he's not performed fantastically in a situation that has nothing to do with Jermaine?

I'm pretty sure JO knows Isiah isn't lighting the world on fire in NY. He just has too much class and too much respect for a friend/mentor/legend to say so in a newspaper.

And, personally, I respect that integrity a lot.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Yall need to calm down.

Isiah was his mentor back when the dude was just a kid. What's he supposed to do? Not like Isiah anymore because he's not performed fantastically in a situation that has nothing to do with Jermaine?

I'm pretty sure JO knows Isiah isn't lighting the world on fire in NY. He just has too much class and too much respect for a friend/mentor/legend to say so in a newspaper.

Hear hear.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Yall need to calm down.

Calm down? I am not excited, I just think JO is an idiot if he balmes all of NYKs problems on the Players and not the coach. I would respect him not bagging on Isiah, but he is calling others out, that is not integrity.
    No matter how much success Larry Bird attains in Indiana he'll never top that first command to fire Thomas. -Peter Vecsey. NY Post 12/4/07

Is it just me...or does isiah thomas seem kind of gay? Him and magic always seem to make me wonder.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Yeah, I love seeing what IT has done for .. errr I mean TO... the Knicks. Damn, I'm glad he's their coach.

Yall need to calm down.

Excellent post. JO has shown a lot of class in recent years and it's understandable he took this position.

If the Knicks could help us out from a salary standpoint and give us sufficient talent, I would send JO to NY to be with his buddy. Everyone could go home happy...

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    Is it just me...or does isiah thomas seem kind of gay? Him and magic always seem to make me wonder.
    Lol! What? Seems like from what we hear those two guys are players.

I seriously doubt either are gay. Especially Zeke who I suspect might like the ladies quite a bit....although his taste is apparently questionable if the allegations are factual.

The real queston is does it matter and why bring it up? Homophobe much OnlyPacersLeft?

Ummm...yeah. Magic is very, very, very, very, very not gay.

I think you pretty much dispel all possibly rumors when you go on national TV and tell stories about sleeping with six women in a hot tub.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

So, Zeke, Magic, the Brokeback Mountain director, and MagicRat all walk into a bar...

The title of this thread mixed with the direction of it is concerning...;<)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Yall need to calm down.

Also ditto.

Can't win for losing, like people would applaud JO if he ripped on Isiah. What JO is saying also points right back at himself doesn't it? "It's on the players." He's said that about himself before in fact.

Of course the anti-JO crowd spun that one into "it's all about me" instead.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

So, Zeke, Magic, the Brokeback Mountain director, and MagicRat all walk into a bar...
    Ang Lee ya b*****d.

What, only gay people know who directed the film?

"So Zeke, Magic, Ang Lee..."
    "You mean the Brokeback Mtn director?"
    "Oh, you WOULD know that."
    "But YOU mentioned him."
    "I do that for profiling purposes."

(to paraphrase Talladega Nights )

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Is it possible Zeke and Bird could set the egos aside and make a deal?
    I'd say there is a better chance that I'll be a size 4 before Larry will EVER make a deal with Isiah.