View Poll Results: Would you still root for the Colts if they cheated?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 75.00%
  • No

5 25.00%

Thread: If the Colts cheated would you still root for them?

Default If the Colts cheated would you still root for them?

This was in my mind when they were investigating the crowd noise thing.

Pretty simple, would you continue rooting (going to/watching games, buying gear, etc) for the Colts if they knowingly cheated to win a game?

My answer: Only if they fired the responsible parties, and I mean everyone. Dungy, Polian, etc. I absolutely HATE cheating in sports. It is the one thing I find unforgivable.

But if they kept just took the punishment and there were no consequences I wouldn't support them as a team anymore.

Default Re: If the Colts cheated would you still root for them?

I'm a fan through thick and thin, good and bad. I may not be happy with them for cheating if they did it, but I would still root for them.

Just as I do with the Pacers through the good times and bad....

I voted yes, but my enthusiasm would be pretty diluted until different coaches/players game in to replace the cheaters.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree with Mal, but it would also depend on how "bad" the cheating was.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

A true fan will support their team reguardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

I think everyone on this board is used to sticking with a team through thick and thin after what has happened to the Pacers.

But I could never stand support cheaters, ever. I mean steroids, taping, etc. There is a line that can be crossed that I can't follow.

Did Michigan basketball fans stay Michigan fans after the NCAA wiped the Chris Webber era from the history books for paying players?

Did Ohio State basketball fans stay that way after they were put on probation for paying players? Did their football fans stay loyal after Maurice Clarett admitted to all sorts of illegal benefits?

Are USC football fans still loyal after finding out that USC bought a house and other inducements for the family of Reggie Bush?

Did Kentucky basketball fans blink an eye after they were found guilty of paying players in the 80s (after suspisions in the 50s, 60s, and 70s)and also found guilty of point shaving in the 50s?

Did Denver Broncos fans stay loyal after the NFL found that they won two Super Bowls while circumventing salary cap rules with illegal unreported incentive clauses?

Did fans still cheer for Gaylord Perry despite his fondness for throwing the illegal spitball?

Are IU fans still loyal after Kelvin Sampson showed once again he can't keep his cell phone in his pants?

The answers are: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Most if not all of these infractions were a lot worse than spygate.

I'll admit, as a die-hard Red Sox fan, if I find out tomorrow with the release of the Mitchell report that 15 of their players are on steroids, then I will have a hard time backing them.

I pretty much agree with Mal here. It's a good thing we probably won't have to worry about that with the players, coach, and front office we have.
    That'll do.

Of course I would. Only fairweather fans would stop watching their favorite teams if this happened. With that said, I wouldn't be pleased about it.

Thumbs down Re: If the Colts cheated would you still root for them?

Quote Originally Posted by pacercoltfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A true fan will support their team reguardless.

Mood

I voted no, but would vote yes if they were honest and corrected their issues to make it right. That is the good thing about our colts because I could never see Dungy cheating.

Talent+Character= a colts player

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would be embarrassed and would be mad at them, but I'm a fan for life.

I didn't jump on the Pacers or the Colts bandwagon, I've always been on it and I don't plan on jumping off .
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

I am a Colts homer through & through. For better or worse, they will always be my team. Unless perhaps they were to move, I'm not sure how'd I'd react to that.
    Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    Did Michigan basketball fans stay Michigan fans after the NCAA wiped the Chris Webber era from the history books for paying players?

etc, etc
    These types of incidents are a large part of why I don't follow college sports.

I started this thread more as a barometer of what people will and won't take from sports teams. There is just about anything I would put up from a sports team (I mean, look at the Pacers. If you haven't jumped off the bandwagon by now you're probably on for life). But I think there are certain things that fans won't accept, and what that is depends on the individual.

I think I would still follow the Colts if they moved. I would root for them if they lost every game game for the next 10 years. I would root for them if they signed cut Peyton Manning and signed Michael Vick.

But I would never root for cheaters, and I can say that confidently. As I said before, we all have different things we won't accept, for some it's the team moving, for me it's cheating.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only way I wouldn't root for the Colts is if they moved from Indianapolis. It would be too painful to follow them. Outside of that, there is NOTHING that could keep me from loving the Colts year in and year out.

This is the same with the Pacers as well.

No. That's like asking if you would still root for the Colts if Tom Brady was our QB. Winning doesn't mean anything if you cheat, that's why it's so great to cheer for the Colts. We're different than the Pats. We don't cheat. Belichick is a cheater and Rodney Harrison took steroids. Dungy wins games because he is a great guy and his players love playing for him and Bob Sanders is the best safety in the NFL because he is in the gym every day and studies the game all the time.

There's a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. I would never support a team that cheats. Screw all you people who say "only a bandwagon fan would desert" or "real fans would stay." That's bull**** and you have no other way to cover up the sad fact that you would support a team that's hurting the sport. I love the Colts, but first and foremost I love the fair competition of sports.
    "Think about it. At best, Ming develops into a bigger, more athletic Rik Smits." -Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by RickSmitsFan View Post
    No. That's like asking if you would still root for the Colts if Tom Brady was our QB. Winning doesn't mean anything if you cheat, that's why it's so great to cheer for the Colts. We're different than the Pats. We don't cheat. Belichick is a cheater and Rodney Harrison took steroids. Dungy wins games because he is a great guy and his players love playing for him and Bob Sanders is the best safety in the NFL because he is in the gym every day and studies the game all the time.

There's a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. I would never support a team that cheats. Screw all you people who say "only a bandwagon fan would desert" or "real fans would stay." That's bull**** and you have no other way to cover up the sad fact that you would support a team that's hurting the sport. I love the Colts, but first and foremost I love the fair competition of sports.
    So that's why Bob Sanders is the best safety in the NFL!

it's just an expression, cheating v. hard work.
    "Think about it. At best, Ming develops into a bigger, more athletic Rik Smits." -Bill Simmons

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Harrison took HGH. Bob Snaders is the best safety from this season maybe. I think Polamalu and Sean Taylore are/were better.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

it's just an expression, cheating v. hard work.
    I didn't realize every safety in the league cheated except for Sanders.

I'm not talking about every safety in the NFL? You must be pretty confused. I was comparing the Pats to the Colts, that's all. Sanders is definitely the best safety in the NFL this season. Sean Taylor is a sympathy pick. The Pats scored 52 on the Redskins.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not talking about every safety in the NFL? You must be pretty confused. I was comparing the Pats to the Colts, that's all. Sanders is definitely the best safety in the NFL this season. Sean Taylor is a sympathy pick. The Pats scored 52 on the Redskins.
    LMAO @ calling Sean Taylro a "sympathy pick". Please watch football. Sean Taylor was tied for the league lead in ints before he passed away. He basically stopped any receiver from coming over the middle. He was the hardest hitting safety and proably one of the fastest as well. And What exactly does the score of the Pats/Skins game have to do for Taylor as a singular player??
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond