Thread: Gather Round Pacer Fans

Default Gather Round Pacer Fans

I don't even want to watch game 6, I fear that I will have to watch a team that is not the Pacers I have come to know and love.

It pained me to watch that team just lose everything last night. They have fallen into a 20 foot hole and then they proceeded to dig in further. It would be tough enough to win in Det with Tins and JO, but we all know they won't be there.

At halftime, I just had to leave my house. I went to go play poker with some buddies and watch the game. That is when things got bad, and all I could do was think about the season slipping away. I don't even remember playing most of the hands...they were just a blurr surrounded by the game. I have never won any money when playing poker with my friends, but last nigh I almost doubled my money...and I didn't even try.

It was like the stars were in alignment... They gave me nothing to keep my faith alive.

Tins, You can't blame him. He is a tough guy, but there is something called the laws of physics and his injuries just won't allow him to really play ball.

Reg, now a player made of memories. He won't even attempt to do the impossible like he always used to (I think he won't try because he knows he can't)

Artest, I don't know what to say about Ron. I hope he uses this as motivation in the summer. He is still young, still growing

Jermaine, I hope JO realizes that he is the "man" on this team. I expect JO to go down with the ship in game 6, guns a blazing and all. He's the leader, charles barkley needs to call him and say "Jermaine, do not let your team lose". Time for Jermaine to grow up just a little more. This is all considering he can "play".

Jeff/Austin/Pick a Center - no comment, I am still trying to decide

Al- sorry, you have to go. I don't care if you were a big reason we won 61 games...you simply dont play the same in the Playoffs and that is the "real" season.

AJ- Not your fault, you were never expected to be a starting calibure guard...until now

Fred - I can't complain one bit about freddie. This was his first taste of the Playoffs and he has done more than I expected. Now he needs to work hard in the off-season, something tells me the 2 spot is going to be up for grabs next year.

JB - Flashes of greatness... flashes...but will it ever equal greatness?

I am not giving up on my team, I am going down with the blue and gold. I love them, and always will. This has been an extrodinary season and a successful one. I will be cheering for them in game 6, because as a fan...

That is all we can do

So please, let all of us support this team to the final moments...much like a person would love their mother on her death bed.

[size=9:2fbbabc3e8]Go Pacers!!![/size]

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Gather Round Pacer Fans

I'm going down with the ship, but my faith is all but gone right now. I just see no way we can even win the next game, much less the series.

It's been an excellent season, but it will always feel empty without at least a shot at the .

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess I feel let down , I heard the Pacers Players talking the Talk , but what I seen in Game 5 was a team who could not back the talk with actions.

Reggie Miller comes out after Game 4 and said Game 5 was the biggest game in franchise history , I really couldn't tell that the Pacers as a Team thought that in Game 5 .

Game 5
    Points by Pistons guard Richard Hamilton.

Points by Pacers starters

Indiana has to win Game 6 on the road, then win Game 7 at home, in order to become just the eighth team in NBA history to come back from a 3-2 deficit.

Even if by some devine miracle , we win do you think with the injuries we can go another 6-7 game series ?

If we win tommrow to force a game 7 and Losing a Game 7 in our house , meaning they beat us 3 times in our house .

I really think HCA is all hype and not as meaningful as some put into it , won't it be Ironic that the Best Team in the west by Record which Had HCA in the WCF loses and the Team who had the Best Record in the NBA and in the ECF and HCA don't advance to the finals ?

Like I always say the 82 games is just a Warm up and the Real Season begins when the playoffs Start.

Artest missed practice today because of a migraine headache, and Jermaine O'Neal (knee) and Jamaal Tinsley (leg injuries) were listed as game-time decisions for Game 6

I am sure some will proclaim me mr gloom and doom , but you see I have accepted the fact already that this year isn't meant to be our year and there is always next year.

Maybe I was just being spoiled and selfish because we had such a wonderful season , really I would have prefered to be in the finals . The more I look at the bigger picture I see it's hard for a team to go from a 3 previous years of first round exits , to NBA champs.

I hope we can have a good season next year , but I expect the EC to be alot tuffer next year than it was this year and there is no gaurantee we have the same chance next year without some changes , we are clearly still missing a piece or two to the make it too the promise land .

Personally I was so upset last night , that I haven't been too sleep and the funny thing is I been walking around in a daze and I don't feel abit tired.

I would truely love to be wrong but if I was a betting man I wouldn't bet a dime on the pacers advancing any further this year. I would love to be wrong but I have watched the game that I taped atleast 5 times and looking for some sign that tells me I am wrong , but I can't find anything that tells me 100% I am wrong with my feelings

shooting .329 % isn't gonna win you any championships and the Pistons have 52 blocks in the series

Flame on me all you like , call me a fairweather fan , bandwagon fan , a disgrace I don't care. I am a realistic person and that's something I can't help.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh and BTW before the HAwks swoop in and pick me apart , I will be on Here tommorow night and in chat with my hopes the pacers can extend the season.

Btw I had a Pistons fan offer me 600.00 for my ticket to game 5 , I refuse to sell it like alot of other fans did , I could have easily made 600.00 came home and watched the Pacers win or lose for free but I made the choice to support my team.

I don't think anyone should pick you apart for any of this. It's valid. I'd like to agree with a few points here as well

Even if by some devine miracle , we win do you think with the injuries we can go another 6-7 game series ?
    Not at all. We would be embarrassed in the Finals with these injuries.

Like I always say the 82 games is just a Warm up and the Real Season begins when the playoffs Start.
    This is the first season that this group has had playoff success. It doesn't happen overnight and this experience will do them good in the long run. I should bump that thread about whether or not people would be satisfied with this season since they've made the ECF. I am.

Maybe I was just being spoiled and selfish because we had such a wonderful season , really I would have prefered to be in the finals . The more I look at the bigger picture I see it's hard for a team to go from a 3 previous years of first round exits , to NBA champs.

I hope we can have a good season next year , but I expect the EC to be alot tuffer next year than it was this year and there is no gaurantee we have the same chance next year without some changes , we are clearly still missing a piece or two to the make it too the promise land .
    Can't argue with any of this and it's really the point of the matter.

Personally I was so upset last night , that I haven't been too sleep and the funny thing is I been walking around in a daze and I don't feel abit tired.
    I've been in a funny mood too but I'm pretty okay with everything win or lose. I spent the day going though boxes of stuff and sorting and throwing things out. My gf told me she was very "proud of me". Now if that's not being in a strange mood...

Oh and BTW before the HAwks swoop in and pick me apart , I will be on Here tommorow night and in chat with my hopes the pacers can extend the season.

Btw I had a Pistons fan offer me 600.00 for my ticket to game 5 , I refuse to sell it like alot of other fans did , I could have easily made 600.00 came home and watched the Pacers win or lose for free but I made the choice to support my team.
    Wow. Kudos on that.

sweabs

Wow - and that's in AMERICAN DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'm still in deep depression over last nights loss. But do I think there is a possibility they could still come back to win it all? Yeah. Do I think its likely? unfortunately the realist in me says no

The most depressing this I saw was after game 4 and the win, they were interviewing Reggie Miller and a stat popped up on the bottom of the screen that said something to the effect of "The Indiana Pacers have never won a 7 games series after falling behind 2 games to 1."

I've now had that thought in the back of my head and man that was all I could think about the whole game 5.

I hope and dream the Pacers can prove that stat wrong.

JO Will play. Mark that down. He will come out guns blazing. If he's going down. He's going down shooting. I'd have it no other way. And neither would he.

The most depressing this I saw was after game 4 and the win, they were interviewing Reggie Miller and a stat popped up on the bottom of the screen that said something to the effect of "The Indiana Pacers have never won a 7 games series after falling behind 2 games to 1."

I've now had that thought in the back of my head and man that was all I could think about the whole game 5.

I hope and dream the Pacers can prove that stat wrong.
    Well, if that is the only issue causing you worry then I think you should start considering that all that stat points to is that the Pacers are due!

As for stats, it's the shooting percentage and blocked shots that worry me....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Well theres a lot of other issues, but thats been in the back of my mind

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

and remember that pistons were down 2-3 to the nets after losing at home, that was barely a month ago, but came back to win the next 2 games.

pacers can do the same!

we won't.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Pardon me, I must have stumbled upon the thread where all the sad sacks congregate.

Pardon me, I must have stumbled upon the thread where all the sad sacks congregate.
    Yet another classic bulletproof line. ed:

and remember that pistons were down 2-3 to the nets after losing at home, that was barely a month ago, but came back to win the next 2 games.

pacers can do the same!
    The problem is, we're playing AGAINST the team that did that.

woman without a team

Pretty much.

I'm so depressed I'm not going to watch or listen to the game. I figure if by some miracle we win I'm gonna need the mental rest to get me ready for a game 7 here.

I got a million of 'em. :P

I got a million of 'em. :P

God help us all.