Thread: Let me put this bluntly for those of you who don't seem to get it

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Let me put this bluntly for those of you who don't seem to get it

There is nobody here on the Pacers bandwagon because there is NO SUCH THING AS A PACERS BANDWAGON. I have yet in my many years as a Pacers fan to meet a Pacers bandwagon fan.

Also, just because you may believe your team won't win it doesn't automatically make you a fairweather fan. I don't believe we'll win, but if I were a fairweather fan, I wouldn't even be here right now. And I sure as hell wouldn't have been here the last three years, either.

So, in closing, shut up about this "bandwagon fan" nonsense. It's getting really old.

[/rant]

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Let me put this bluntly for those of you who don't seem to get it

Yes sir.
    You forgot the salute.

Slacker.

You all are free to your opinions and whatnot of course. I aint gonna flame ya for it. But shouldn't we save all this negativity and hopelessness till after they actually lose the series? They still got 1 more game to lose. I'll join ya on all the talk about how they aren't a championship calibre team and what trades they can make to get there etc, typical offseason chat when the season is over. But it isnt the offseason yet eh?

A bandwagon fan is someone who floats from one team to another always cheering for the favorite. They were a Bulls fan with MJ, Lakers with Magic, Yankees, etc. NO ONE ON THIS BOARD IS A BANDWAGON FAN and from my perspective and to accuse anyone here of it is wrong.

Reggie is, in deed, one of the BIGGEST reasons our franchise has been turned around and great for the past 10 years. But Larry Brown, Larry Bird, Donnie Walsh, Byron Scott, Dale Davis, Rik Smits, Joneal ETC ETC can all be considered KEY reasons for our success as well.

Before Larry Brown, the PACERS WERE Average to Horrible and all of us 20+ year olds remember those days with good and very bad memories. As a Pacer fan, I never thought I'd ever see us reach the NBA finals much less have a 2nd shot at it. I flew back to Indiana from Calif. for the NBA finals game 3 and this was probably my greatest moment as a sports fan.

Most everyone here is AN EXTEMELY LOYAL Fan and based upon the thread about when and where you became a fan, WE'VE been here for an Average of 20+ Years. THAT IS LOYALTY!!!!

Water

keep the faith. We arent down 3-1..or 3-0..it's simply 3-2 and we only have to win 2 games with one in our home court. All tho i'm not sure if we can match the intensity of detroit. They will come out early and try to destroy us. I just hope we weather the storm.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

You all are free to your opinions and whatnot of course. I aint gonna flame ya for it. But shouldn't we save all this negativity and hopelessness till after they actually lose the series? They still got 1 more game to lose. I'll join ya on all the talk about how they aren't a championship calibre team and what trades they can make to get there etc, typical offseason chat when the season is over. But it isnt the offseason yet eh?
    what he said. the negativity after every loss was getting old.

. . . what he said. the negativity after every loss was getting old.
    I just don't read the negative posts. Yes, sometimes after a big loss that's most of them!

woman without a team

keep the faith. We arent down 3-1..or 3-0..it's simply 3-2 and we only have to win 2 games with one in our home court. All tho i'm not sure if we can match the intensity of detroit. They will come out early and try to destroy us. I just hope we weather the storm.
    Dude, they've beaten us the last 2 times on our court! Was that being negative? I suppose to be possitve we could say we haven't lost 3 times in a row.