Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Eyeing Deal?

Default Knicks Eyeing Deal?

Knicks Eyeing Deal?
    December 15, 2007 - 6:28 am
    New York Post -
    Isiah Thomas sounds like a man desperate to make changes to his roster - and you can take Eddy Curry off the untouchable list.

Thomas insinuated some guys on the club can't play in the manner he wants and made his most damning remarks yet about Curry, pointing out his flaws and admitting Curry may not develop into a franchise center to build around.

It seems the time for the Knicks to reignite trade talks for Ron Artest, who can opt out after next season. With team morale at its lowest and one of the supposed team leaders on-the-block Malik Rose recently asking to be placed on the inactive list, Artest can't make the climate any worse. Rose dressed last night only because of Quentin Richardson's knee injury but did not play.

Thomas said in the summer he wouldn't deal David Lee or Renaldo Balkman for Artest, but that may have changed.

Thomas' recent rips on Curry could be perceived as bracing fans for Curry's departure.

"I can say that, as always, if we can improve our team, we will," Thomas said yesterday, which usually is code phrase for saying the club is active in trade talks. And, there's a growing sense more than just Rose wants out too. [READ]

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...s_eyeing_deal/

Would you trade JO and Murphy for Marbury and Curry????? Marbury would expire next year and Curry could be our center for a long time and we unload murphy.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +1.7 ppg, -6.5 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Incoming Players
    Eddy Curry
    6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
    14.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.6 apg in 29.1 minutes
    Stephon Marbury
    6-2 PG from Georgia Tech
    13.4 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 4.9 apg in 32.1 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    10.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 25.7 minutes
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    15.2 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.5 apg in 30.5 minutes

Default Re: Knicks Eyeing Deal?

Do we want Curry as our center for a long time?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Curry runs the floor even slower than JO. I don't know why we would want that and I don't think it would work for us.

Marbury...are you kidding me? If you think the fans are mad at Tinsley just wait to see what happens when we bring Marbury in. Quite simply: he has never played for a team and made their situation a whole lot better. Every team he's ever played on for an extended period of time has really improved after he left.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nah, not a big fan of Curry.

My point was Curry is more usfull than Murphy. But the key is we get cap space by Marburry's expiring contract to sign our young guys. I would take Curry over Murphy any day of the week. I am pretty sure if Curry didn't work out he would be much easier to move that Murphy. Marburry we could buy out or keep him and play two points at times with him and the Tin man. I don't know if NY would go for this though.

I'll pass. Throw in a 1st and I could be down.

-- Steve --

woman without a team

Ah, let me think...No.

NO WAY!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

what

UMMMMM NO!

not like the pacers are going anywhere with what they have. it is pretty important that the pacers actually DON'T make the playoffs so they get a top draft pick. the only way a franchise can become great is by being bad...bad enough to get a top 5 pick. marbury and curry would not only help us get that top 5 draft pick, but would provide us with tremendous cap relief...

Sports Logo

In NBA2K8 I would consider this deal...but in real life....I probably wouldn't.....mainly cuz we don't need a Starting PG like Marbury....we need a backup PG that can defend. Although Curry is a way better low-post scorer.....I don't see him running and keeping up with the offense...much less rebounding better then Dunleavy.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Nope! The salary relief is very necessary, but a new nucklehead is not and neither is a new center who:
    1) can't run,
    2) can't rebound and
    3) can't play defense.

Not that Troy is suficable at nr.3, but he atleast rebounds and what is the sense of letting JO go and then get this crap back? Ok, we unload Troy, that's true and we get sooner salary relief, but we also will let go of our primary lowpost player. Did I mention Marbury is a MAJOR knucklehead?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

JO and murph for marbury and curry? EWWWWWWWW NO....who wants marbury when we have tinsley!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

The only Knicks I have any interest in are David Lee, Jamal Crawford and Renaldo Balkman.

I actually do like Curry, but not for this team/coach. Doesn't fit with the system. Besides, JO is just as good on the block and does everything else better. Eddy's contract is nice, but even a $10 salary relief move would devastate our defense and running style too much to be worth it.

If we're gonna trade JO, we gotta get at least one key piece back that fits into our future plans. Curry doesn't. And Steph obviously doesn't.

If we can somehow get Crawford and Lee for JO and, let's say, Shawne by getting a 3rd team involved to make salary work, then you got a deal.

Meanwhile, let's not pretend Bird and Zeke could even have a civil conversation let alone negotiate a complicated deal.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 12-15-2007 at 03:35 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only Knicks I have any interest in are David Lee, Jamal Crawford and Renaldo Balkman.

I actually do like Curry, but not for this team. JO is just as good on the block and does everything else better.
    Got to give you an 'amen' on that one...David Lee...wouldn't it be great? Never happen though.

I really don't see the Pacers in a position to trade anyone. Acquire released players from other teams, yes, but we have no one who fits the bill for a trade: doesn't fit here, still good enough for some other team, and doesn't have a huge contract coming with them. Any team willing to trade for someone who DOESN'T fit those criteria is trying to get rid of some worn-out baggage somehow.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

streets ahead

i might trade troy murphy for curry. he wouldn't be much worse than murphy on defense and it would allow JO to not get hammered as much on offense cause he'd be at PF and eddy would at least command some type of defense. not like it is gonna happen just saying i'd be open to that deal but not the starbury/JO part
    This is the darkest timeline.

Wait a minute people, if Marbury is on our team, we can trade him in a couple years and be instantly better.
    That'll do.

I think the key here is that IT needs to bring in Ron to finish off the Knick franchise. Bad contracts while effective just haven't been able to finish off the Knicks. This is something Ron should be able to do.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post

I actually do like Curry, but not for this team/coach. Doesn't fit with the system. Besides, JO is just as good on the block and does everything else better. Eddy's contract is nice, but even a $10 salary relief move would devastate our defense and running style too much to be worth it.

If we're gonna trade JO, we gotta get at least one key piece back that fits into our future plans. Curry doesn't. And Steph obviously doesn't.

If we can somehow get Crawford and Lee for JO and, let's say, Shawne by getting a 3rd team involved to make salary work, then you got a deal.

Meanwhile, let's not pretend Bird and Zeke could even have a civil conversation let alone negotiate a complicated deal.
    Pretty much I agree with all of this.

I think there should be plenty of interest in Curry though. Really good low post scorer and a fair salary for him.

The Bulls are the first team that should show some interest. I don't know if there were problems between Eddy and the organization, but they need a big who can score. And Curry's salary is one that the Bulls can actually match. Could they offer up maybe Joe Smith plus maybe Ben Gordon or one of their young players.

What about the Cavs or Pistons? Not sure who either team would trade for Curry.

The Lakers could have interest. Kwame Brown plus ? for Curry? Don't know how Bynum and Curry would fit together.

I don't know what Thomas would be looking for in exchange for Curry. I think he would take about any deal he thinks is fair. If it does or does not make sense for his club.

streets ahead

if charlotte hadn't just made the nazr trade, you might think they would have used brezec and other parts including may and morrison for a low-post presence to play along side okafor. the nets could be players if they haven't decided to blow it up. and then obviously the kings but i can't see how the kings would trade artest for curry and leave themselves with brad, mikki, spencer hawes and then curry at C/PF.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 12-15-2007 at 04:18 PM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

what i can see get curry without tradeing jo will be nice jo and curry duo
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

Jermaine's playing his worst ball of the past decade, and he's still better than Curry. People who gripe about Jermaine's rebounding would go ballistic over Curry.

But in theory, I'd have no problem trading Jermaine to the Knicks if they took Murphy as well and we got something (anything) decent in return. I don't want Curry unless we were moving him immediately.

:goes to check trade checker:
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-15-2007 at 06:00 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

...New York Post...
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Jermaine's playing his worst ball of the past decade, and he's still better than Curry. People who gripe about Jermaine's rebounding would go ballistic over Curry.

But in theory, I'd have no problem trading Jermaine to the Knicks if they took Murphy as well and we got something (anything) decent in return. I don't want Curry unless we were moving him immediately.

:goes to check trade checker:
    How about Speedbag as our desperately-needed back-up PG?