Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread 22: Rush scores a season-high 22 as the Pacers top the Bulls

Default Post Game Thread 22: Rush scores a season-high 22 as the Pacers top the Bulls

Nice way to bounce back from the Cavs game. Quite the eventful game: Dunleavy drained 3's, Jamaal continued his all-star playmaking ways, Troy and Tyrus didn't get along, JO played with nice hustle (4 blocks), but most of all:
    Rush was our freaking high scorer!!!

Default Re: Post Game Thread 22: Rush scores a season-high 22 as the Pacers top the Bulls

Those are our boys. I think Obie proved tonight that basically, he knows more about basketball than all of us...by far.

Default Re: Post Game Thread 22: Rush scores a season-high 22 as the Pacers top the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO played with nice hustle (4 blocks)
    I counted 5.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I counted 5.
    stats gave him only 4...

good W...
    have to say the Bulls just didn't put up much of a fight after the first QT...they were also playing on a back to back...maybe we wore them down?

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

rush need keep this up more W for Pacers and damn what happen to granger right now ?
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

next up - Raptors who seem to be giving the Mavs a tough beating tonight

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

and to think...alot of people on here said Rush was a bust lol

If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

Can somebody give an update on the fight between Murphy and Thomas? I didnt' see that on gamecast or maybe I was late.....

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    one game will not make up for the previous lackluster "slump" performances....we need - consistency before we declare him as anything...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Wow one good game lets throw him a party.

Look, I'm happy Rush played well, but he has hurt us far more than he has helped us.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

The assistant coach and Stacy Paetz are discussing Bible verses in the post game show.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

wasnt really a fight, Thomas slapped Murph, Murph tried retaliating but the Ref was pullin his jersey, lucky us.

Dun and Rush were great in the 3rd, Dun feeding Rush

JO really compliments Dunleavy's passing game.

Tins played awesome
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Interesting stats.

Marquis was 8-10, 3 assists and no turnovers. Strong.

Dunleavy nearly matched JO in points and rebounds, but also had 7 assists. Also an impressive performance.

We don't have any A+ players, but we have several who can play as A players if we work together as a team.

If the sum is greater than the parts, than this Pacer team could really do some good things this year.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Say it out loud. Graham Mernatsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreialta View Post
    JO really compliments Dunleavy's passing game.
    You mean Jermaine's becoming a vocal leader? "Gee, DunDun, your passing recently is really sharp. You really do a good job of threading the needle and getting the ball where it needs to go. Keep up the good work!"

Great to hear!

Or did you mean that he "complements" Dun's passing game?

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/compliment
    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/complement

And if that's what you mean, wouldn't it be that Dunleavy's passing game really complements Jermaine?

Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    The assistant coach and Stacy Paetz are discussing Bible verses in the post game show.

Which ones?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Man, Diener's only three tonight looked really bad. Do you think upper-body strength is an issue for him trying to get the ball into the basket from all the way outside the arc?

Enjoy your time at PD!

For all the nothing in between you could still say that Rush has given us 2 W's, which is pretty good going for a cheap recruit.

Really impressed with JO's shooting % since he came back, and great to see Tins play well.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post

I love it when she gets all biblical.

I didn't pay attention to the game at all today and then I read that Rush was the leading scorer. I then screamed WTF (said all the words) really loud when I got home from work. I'm happy obviously...

link

Jamaal Tinsley added 18 points and eight assists for Indiana in first home game since he was shot at, but unhurt, early Sunday morning in downtown Indianapolis. He was booed by the home fans in pregame introductions for being in his third late-night incident in about 14 months, but they cheered him for most of the game.
    really? Thats lame...

Are you serious? Tinsley got booed?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Just got back from the game, and from where I sit the player that turned the game around for the Pacers was Marquis Daniels. He came in shut down Ben Gordon, he came in and gave the Pacers a lot of energy and I thought he was by far our most important player tonight. If I thought Daniels could stay healthy I would want him to play 35 minutes ery game - that is how important I think he is and I believe you could make a very strong argument that he is the Pacers best player. He's one of those players that cannot be appreciated unless you see him in person and up close. He does so many little things and he has what I call great basketball instincts - things you cannot learn - things you cannot teach. either you are born with them or not. He does so many good things defensively - I think he is just so important to this team.

Rush also was outstanding, but I'm not surprised - if he gets the time he can play like this. (but you can say that about a lot of players)

The reason the game changed midway through the second quarter was the pacers defense, once they started playing harder, and challenging shots - the Bulls stopped scoring and that helps the pacers offense.

It was fun to see Ben Wallace struggle - I'm sorry, I don't hate players, but Ben is as close to hate I'll ever have for any player.

Fun game tonight,
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-13-2007 at 08:33 AM.

Mood

Did anyone else notice Kareem is not just a perimeter scorer? I was glad to see him show the ball and fake to the baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Did anyone else notice Kareem is not just a perimeter scorer? I was glad to see him show the ball and fake to the baseline.
    Man, I don't remember who it was, but somebody ran out to get him at the transition three and he just ducked and went right by. It was beautiful.

Enjoy your time at PD!

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    He's one of those players that cannot be appreciated unless you see him in person and up close. He does so many little things and he has what I call great basketball instincts - things you cannot learn - things you cannot teach. either you are born with them or not.

Marquis is the serpent king.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!