Thread: Jonathan Bender?

Artestaholic

Default Jonathan Bender?

Why doesn't Rick Carlisle start Jonathan Bender in Austins place? It's obvious Bender can do everything Croshere can do and then some, plus he's bigger and is a better defender.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jonathan Bender?

Why doesn't Rick Carlisle start Jonathan Bender in Austins place? It's obvious Bender can do everything Croshere can do and then some, plus he's bigger and is a better defender.
    Bender was AWFUL last game, simply AWFUL. I'm not sure where his confidence is right now.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

well when your making a critical run , you cause 2 turnovers in that run ...you garuntee your self pine time

Bendy has disappointed me in these playoffs. I was looking for him to be a contributor.

Freddie, though, should start.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Artestaholic

Sure Bender sucked last night, but Croshers sucked more and for a longer period of time. Atleast Jonathan shows flashes of brilliance, Croshere just downright sucks period.

Sure Bender sucked last night, but Croshers sucked more and for a longer period of time. Atleast Jonathan shows flashes of brilliance, Croshere just downright sucks period.
    Bender showed flashes of passing the ball to Rip Hamilton in a tie game midway through the 2nd quarter. Rip got an "and 1" and the Pacers never tied again.

I thought that was the big momentum change in the game.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Bender will never amount to anything special. Yep
    Jonathan, we all saw it this year......

and is a better defender.
    Hmmmmmmmm.... not sure which career you've been watching. Although he does an admirable job on helpside defense (hence some blocked shots), Bender is probably the worst 1 on 1 defender the Pacers have. The guy is simply brutal laterally on the wing and gives up too much ground on the blocks.

Croshere's definitely not a good defender as well, but I'd rather stick AC on someone 1 on 1 in crunch time than JB.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we should go with a line-up of:

C - JO
    PF - Bender
    SF - Artest
    SG - Freddie
    PG - Tinsley

And bust out a zone.

Bender 2 minutes - WOOOOOOOOOSH no more ties . . . WOOOOOOOOSH *** to the bench.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sure Bender sucked last night, but Croshers sucked more and for a longer period of time.
    So we are down to playing one guy over another because he sucks less?

That is sad.

Seems to me that the Pacers used to have a real center who didn't suck. Now, what was his name?

Oh, I remember now. Jeff Foster!

The most disappointing thing to me is that the Pacers have stopped making an effort with Bender, especially when the offense has been downright pitiful and he has provided quite a few sparks this postseason.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure Bender sucked last night, but Croshers sucked more and for a longer period of time.
    So we are down to playing one guy over another because he sucks less?

That is sad.

Seems to me that the Pacers used to have a real center who didn't suck. Now, what was his name?

Oh, I remember now. Jeff Foster!
    I thought you were going to speak the name of he whose name is not to be spoken.

PistonsDynasty

Just to let everyone know. This Artestaholic guy is a Kong Troll. This guy has been coming to the Piston board on RealGM for months calling Ben Wallace a white-back gorilla and an ape. He come to the board and says Pistons suck blah blah blah. The guy has been banned no less than 25 times.

The other day his name was Pacers in 6 just ragging on and on about the city of Detroit. Now his name is Pacers in 7.

I was shocked when I saw this thread from Artestaholic!! This is the guy that claimede Bender is BETTER than Rasheed WALLACE He said this plenty of times. ""the only reason nobody knows about him is because he was hurt[/b] ed:

Artestaholic GIVE IT UP. You are giving all Pacer fans a bad rep. Talk b-ball not smack.