Thread: Verizon FiOS FSNMW in HD

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Verizon FiOS FSNMW in HD

I just got an HD Tv and have Verizon FiOS (I live in Fort Wayne). I was really excited that Verizon's HD package includes FSNMW. Except that this channel never seems to have any games on it -- even ones listed in the program guide.

Anyone else in Fort Wayne have this problem? Or maybe there is something wrong with my setup. I would absolutely love to see Pacers games in HD!

Thanks.

Mood

Default Re: Verizon FiOS FSNMW in HD

I dont think FSNMW or FSN-Indiana for that matter, Broadcasts in HD. The only pacers games you will get in HD is when we face a team on NBAtv and they then broadcast a game in HD. I thought i seen a topic on here about this at one time but maybe it was somewhere else.

Id love to see a Pacers game in HD as well, I bought my HDtv over the summer but im waiting to upgrade my programming package on Directv until they get more channels. I think they have 70+ right now, or soon will have. Havent really looked into it since early October.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I have that channel on Comcast.

I flip by it occasionally just to see if anything's happening and there was a hockey game on it once. Other than that it's always been a test pattern........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think FSNMW or FSN-Indiana for that matter, Broadcasts in HD. The only pacers games you will get in HD is when we face a team on NBAtv and they then broadcast a game in HD. I thought i seen a topic on here about this at one time but maybe it was somewhere else.

Id love to see a Pacers game in HD as well, I bought my HDtv over the summer but im waiting to upgrade my programming package on Directv until they get more channels. I think they have 70+ right now, or soon will have. Havent really looked into it since early October.
    You should upgrade to Directv now. I have the HD package and there have to be atleast 70 HD channels and more are coming weekly it seems(or im just finding them weekly).

"If he averages 10 & 8 I'll **** in my hand." - cdash

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm going to rant about this a bit. I've got DirecTV, and the other day the Pacers were on NBA TV HD, except that because I live in Indianapolis and have access to Fox Sports Indiana in *standard definition* the blacked out the game in *high definition*.

I mean, really, shouldn't these be considered two completely separate broadcasts? I haven't been this angry since I got the end of Book 6 of Harry Potter ruined for me.

Back on topic, DirecTV has a channel slotted for FSIN HD, but, again, nothing is ever on it. What this tells me is that there is a plan to show all the games in HD at some point, and I'm assuming that's going to depend on bandwidth for the satellite and upgrading the television equipment at Conseco/Fox Sports Net.

Wait... Pacers broadcasts are Not Safe For Work?
    This space for rent.