Thread: New England gets a top draft Pick?

Default New England gets a top draft Pick?

Have I been sleeping in a box? How and why does New England get San Fransico's 1st round pick? If the season would end now that means New England gets the number 2 overall pick? Either being McFadden or Glenn Dorsey. This just gets more sick by the day.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: New England gets a top draft Pick?

The 49ers traded back into the first round last year to get Joe Staley...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So yeah, we got Ugoh, the 49ers get our first rounder, the Pats get the 49ers first rounder, and the Comish gets the Pats first rounder...

The Patriots will likely trade down, since a couple of defensive linemen, McFadden, and a QB or two that impresses in workouts (one or two among Brohme, Ryan, and Woodson) will likely be the coveted top choices.

The Pats, picking in the 2-6 range, really need a replacement DB for Asante Samuel (expect to leave for a big payday) and a young LB to replace Seau (likely to retire). Bruschi might also retire.

Trading down to get both a DB and a young LB makes sense, particularly if somebody like Chicago really covets a top QB and ponys up their #1 and a future #1 or #2 this year for trading up.

I don't understand the decision of the commish to take away the lower of the 2 draft picks. Yeah, the lose the 32nd pick, but who cares they have the 2nd pick.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand the decision of the commish to take away the lower of the 2 draft picks. Yeah, the lose the 32nd pick, but who cares they have the 2nd pick.
    Because the Commish decided to take away only the pick they had by default, not the one they traded for.

It's great being a Pats fan.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    It's great being a Pats fan.
    Not to be picky or want to start a fight, but how long have you rooted for the Pats?

I think being a Pats fan would only really be really great and satisfying right now if you were there through the mediocre and sometimes bad times. I know that it's that way for me and the Colts. I know I wouldn't be as satisfied as I am as a fan with the Colts if I wasn't around for all of those ugly 12-6 field goal games we had with the Jets and the Bengals in the 90's. That sucked when it lasted, but it was more than worth it now that we have Peyton Manning who can shred just about anyone's defense on any given Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Not to be picky or want to start a fight, but how long have you rooted for the Pats?

I think being a Pats fan would only really be really great and satisfying right now if you were there through the mediocre and sometimes bad times. I know that it's that way for me and the Colts. I know I wouldn't be as satisfied as I am as a fan with the Colts if I wasn't around for all of those ugly 12-6 field goal games we had with the Jets and the Bengals in the 90's. That sucked when it lasted, but it was more than worth it now that we have Peyton Manning who can shred just about anyone's defense on any given Sunday.
    You're 21, so likely the "bad time" you're talking about include playoff appearances by Harbaugh and Co.

If you want to really talk about the bad days, you need to talk about Jeff George and Jack Trudeau, or even before that. 3-13 with no hope for the future is awesome!

For the record, Jeff George is the reason I'm a Chiefs fan

I sat through a 6-3 Jets-Colts snoozer in 1992 at the dome won by Dean Biasucci that was so painful to watch (overtime nonetheless!) , I feel the Manning years are my karmic reward for just that one day:
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...pagewanted=all
    ...the Colts went 34 yards in eight plays and won the game, 6-3, on a 47-yard field goal by Dean Biasucci 3:01 into the extra period.
    Biasucci's winning kick came after two of his other attempts went wide to the right. And he had a third attempt partially blocked by defensive tackle Paul Frase.
    But by putting the 47-yarder through the uprights he delivered a well-deserved reward for the 48,393 fans who sat through this tedious, poorly played game.
    tedious and poorly played are actually considerate remarks in this case.

Since 1999 when I first started watching the NFL. Falcons were decent at that time, but I really just couldn't stand them for some reason. I don't mind them so much anymore.
    Last edited by Moses; 12-12-2007 at 10:18 AM.