Thread: Vick gets 23months Jail and 3 years Probation.

Default Vick gets 23months Jail and 3 years Probation.

Looks like come 2009 he'll be suited up ready to play some football.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/10...ion=cnn_latest

Default Re: Vick gets 23months Jail and 3 years Probation.

This sickens me, not because he doesn't deserve that time in jail..but because there are guys like Leonard Little who killed someone while driving drunk that have seemly gotten so much more slack. Leonard Little got 90 days in jail and a few years probation for freaking killing someone...and Mike Vick gets 2 years in jail for dog fighting. Both are horrible, but there is something seriously wrong there.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This sickens me, not because he doesn't deserve that time in jail..but because there are guys like Leonard Little who killed someone while driving drunk that have seemly gotten so much more slack. Leonard Little got 90 days in jail and a few years probation for freaking killing someone...and Mike Vick gets 2 years in jail for dog fighting. Both are horrible, but there is something seriously wrong there.
    Ray "I helped kill a guy" Lewis, and Jamal "I help set up cocaine deals" Lewis but got far less, and I don't think Ray got anything.....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Ray "I helped kill a guy" Lewis, and Jamal "I help set up cocaine deals" Lewis but got far less, and I don't think Ray got anything.....
    I wouldn't equate what Jamal Lewis did to killing someone while driving drunk or animal fighting...however it was extremely stupid on Jamals part. If I remember, Ray Lewis somehow managed to prove he wasn't involved in that whole ordeal.

What really screwed Vick is the fact that he wasn't completely cooperative in court. I'm willing to bet he would have had at max 16 months in jail if he had been completely cooperative. With that said, I think he will definitely play again in the NFL. A good team will take a chance with him and he will probably reward them. He's definitely going to want to play again..I heard he isn't doing all to well financially.

I have mixed emotions. The justice system, confuses me sometimes. There are so much worse things that go on, then dog fighting. Pacman Jones incident is 1000x worse in my eyes. I think he should be locked up, he looked a bouncer in the eyes and told him "You are dead, I'm going to ****ing kill you tonight" then a shooting happens, and it's an incident guy that leaves paralyzed. That to me is way worse then dog fighting. I'm so confused on the Ray Lewis "i helped kill a guy thing" that it doesn't process why he isn't in a orange jumpsuit. I do think Vick hurt him self, if he would of just admitted it orginally, passed a drug test, left the gum and tied the shoes. He would of been respected more and mostly likely would of gotten a much lesser sentence.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Earliest he can be released is the summer of 2009. And if any suspension is handed out by the Commissioner...

I'd say he might be back for the 2010 season.

I am getting sick of seeing fools in the stands at the Falcons-Saints game. Vick jerseys galore. I'd be ashamed to own one of those rags. And to dress your child in one? Beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Earliest he can be released is the summer of 2009. And if any suspension is handed out by the Commissioner...

I'd say he might be back for the 2010 season.

I am getting sick of seeing fools in the stands at the Falcons-Saints game. Vick jerseys galore. I'd be ashamed to own one of those rags. And to dress your child in one? Beyond ridiculous.
    Welcome to Atlanta.

Welcome to Atlanta.
    ...where the playas play,
    And we ride on them things like every day.

Anyway, this is indeed a sad affair. I agree completely about the Leonard Little thing. It's crazy to me the way the media chooses who and who not to villainize. I'm a dog person, I love dogs, but I do realize that there are worse things in the world than fighting them.

Interesting hearing Roger Cossack on Mike & Mike this morning.

1) Vick had a tough judge
    2) Vick promised to cooperate fully, and kept lying and concealing
    3) Vick made an agreement to accept responsibility, then repeatedly made statements where he would not take any responsibility for actually killing the dogs
    4) Vick failed a drug test while on probation, knowing he was susceptible to drug testing

The judge sentenced him at the high end of the guidelines, but Vick made it darn near impossible to justify anything other than that.

Michael Vick is an idiot and an *******. I know this from first hand experience with him on more than one occasion.

People that complain about the sentence need to remember that
    he failed a drug test and did not cooperate with police when he said that he would. This man has such an inflated ego that he thought he was above the law.

It's not so much that he fought dogs, but also he made a profit from doing it and facilitated a huge ring of suffering while simultaneously generating a lot of income for himself and others.

And people wearing Vick jerseys is beyond disgusting. I am going to get panned for this but the black people that are supporting Vick would not be supporting him if he were white. I don't care if it's not the politically correct thing to say. I have a lot of black friends who I can frankly discuss race with and I asked them about this, and they said it was pretty much true.

Vick = trash.
    Little = trash.

Lock them up and throw away the key. Any team that even considers signing Vick will lose a huge amount of fans. It'd be PR suicide. I'd boycott any team that even *talked* to him - including my beloved Bears.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I don't feel too bad for him but I dunno I still think it was a lot, but I wasn't even considering all the things he did, (lying to the judge, etc.)
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Some of the Altanta Players Monday night had Vicks name written on their jersey's and on the sticky things below their eyes. I find that disgusting. If I was Aurther Blank, I would fine the players for showing one thread of support for the guy when they are trying to repair the damage the guy did to their franchise.

I know thats not gonna fly, and would make matters worse, but its sickening to see the dumb asses supporting the guy.
    Last edited by Gyron; 12-12-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Some of the Altanta Players Monday night had Vicks name wirttin on their jersey's and on the sticky things below their eyes. I find that disgusting. If I was Aurther Blank, I would fine the players for showing one thread of support for the guy when they are trying to repair the damage the guy did to their frnachise.

I know thats not gonna fly, and would make matters worse, but its sickening to the dumb asses supporting the guy.
    Nothing wrong with supporting Mike Vick. He needs support and help. However, saying "Free Mike Vick" (a convicted felon who hasn't yet served any time) is a bit much. I don't expect Arthur Blank to fine any of his players because he himself was close to Vick. I do expect the league to dish out a few fines though.