Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How will this Tinsley incident affect Tinsley's, and the teams, performance?

Default How will this Tinsley incident affect Tinsley's, and the teams, performance?

So, someone attempted to literally kill JT. His car was riddled with bullet holes from an AK-47 type of weapon (as far as we know). How will this event affect his play? Will he be unphased by this? And will it spill over onto the team's overall performance? If yes, how long do you think it will take for this spell to pass?
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Default Re: How will this Tinsley incident affect Tinsley's, and the teams, performance?

I don't know

Default Re: How will this Tinsley incident affect Tinsley's, and the teams, performance?

If anything, he's got to play even better than he has been. That's going to be hard to do. But to the fans that only read the words "Pacers" "Tinsley" and "Shooting", they're going to tune the Pacers out again (as if many already hadn't done so), so the entire team has something to prove to it's fans. I don't think J'OB is going to let this team slack up because of this incident, he's going to push them harder.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, someone attempted to literally kill JT. His car was riddled with bullet holes from an AK-47 type of weapon (as far as we know). How will this event affect his play? Will he be unphased by this? And will it spill over onto the team's overall performance? If yes, how long do you think it will take for this spell to pass?
    Like UB, I don't know. I think it depends on how practice went today. I suppose there could be dissension within the ranks in regards to punishment, but I'm not sure Shawne Williams has the clout as of yet to cause much of a stir or distraction (I don't think he would anyway BTW). I think it also depends on how JO approaches it from the team leader standpoint in the locker room. I was pleasantly surprised on how JO reacted on his TV interview about Tins being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I just hope that he said this to Tins in the locker room, prior to saying it to the media.

Its sounds like Tins was somewhat sincere in his "apology", thanking God for sparing his life. Maybe this is what will open his eyes. Unfortunately, I think it will affect Tins for a few games (watch his turnovers increase), then he will get back to his good play of late soon.

It also sounds like Obie put his foot down pretty hard with a few "words" and Tins took them to heart - we can only hope.

In short, I think the Pacers have built some good momentum over the last 8-10 games, and I think they can sustain it.

He's gonna play like it's his last game. I expect Tins to play even harder!!!

The question is, how will the team react on the court with him. It can go either way IMO. But I think the players will play with more heart. Pacers always need some kind of adversity
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Oneal07 View Post
    The question is, how will the team react on the court with him. It can go either way IMO. But I think the players will play with more heart. Pacers always need some kind of adversity
    Do they really need adversity? I think the successes this franchise have had both in the past and recently come from stability and consistency. This season is the first time in awhile that these guys seems to have a spring in their step and enjoying the game of basketball, which injuries, aside, I think comes from the lack of outside drama and going into camp together as a team. For everyone involved with this franchise from the fans to the players and on up, the last thing we need is "adversity" beyond what the next opponent gives us. What we need is to go out there and string some wins together, putting as much space between us and all this "adversity".

I hope you are right that they come out and play with fire, but not using this type of event as the fuel. They were playing some pretty damn good basketball before it happened, that's all I need.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    If anything, he's got to play even better...

...to the fans that only read the words "Pacers" "Tinsley" and "Shooting", they're going to tune the Pacers out again (as if many already hadn't done so), so the entire team has something to prove to it's fans. I don't think J'OB is going to let this team slack up because of this incident, he's going to push them harder.
    I know that many of you will not agree with me, nor do I expect you to. I'm just so over these a-holes that really have no intrest in the team but offer their uninformed opinions on the team. I'm just sick of it! Screw hearing about how Indy's "fair weather" fans feel about this team, screw RTV6 and their, "Should Tinsley be punished?" poll where 82 percent of respondants said he should be.

As far as I'm concerned, IMHO, and anything else I can say that tells you this is my opinion. Tinsley did nothing wrong besides cross paths with a homicidal nut case with an AK. These same a-holes that feel Tinsley should be punished are acting like they could care less about some fool running around with the balls to shoot up Downtown Indy with a damn "Machine Gun". Hellooooooo....Machine Gun fired in Downtown!!!!!!! Oh and, who cares Tinsley was nearly murdered on the streets of downtown Indy, but lets ***** about the fact that he went out clubbing. Whatever, Indy!

Honestly, I'm to the point where I don't care if it is just Unclebuck, Mal, Magic Rat, Peck and myself in the Fieldhouse. I'm just so sick of this "Fan Outrage" that the local media is so keen on reporting.
    Last edited by Roaming Gnome; 12-11-2007 at 08:57 AM.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

It's my opinion, relax! Vince Neil's Avatar

I hope Tins gets a standing ovation tomorrow and is cheered loudly throughout the game. But it is probably too much to ask.............I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    I know that many of you will not agree with me, nor do I expect you to. I'm just so over these a-holes that really have no intrest in the team but offer their uninformed opinions on the team. I'm just sick of it! Screw hearing about how Indy's "fair weather" fans feel about this team, screw RTV6 and their, "Should Tinsley be punished?" poll where 82 percent of respondants said he should be.

As far as I'm concerned, IMHO, and anything else I can say that tells you this is my opinion. Tinsley did nothing wrong besides cross paths with a homicidal nut case with an AK. These same a-holes that feel Tinsley should be punished are acting like they could care less about some fool running around with the balls to shoot up Downtown Indy with a damn "Machine Gun". Hellooooooo....Machine Gun fired in Downtown!!!!!!! Oh and, who cares Tinsley was nearly murdered on the streets of downtown Indy, but lets ***** about the fact that he went out clubbing. Whatever, Indy!

Honestly, I'm to the point where I don't care if it is just Unclebuck, Mal, Magic Rat, Peck and myself in the Fieldhouse. I'm just so sick of this "Fan Outrage" that the local media is so keen on reporting.
    Yeah, this whole thing's making me defensive of this team in a way I wasn't expecting. I even fired off another email to our ticket rep to rant a bit. Basically it's the media and the fans who already bailed, that are now rushing to the door to be the loudest idiots to try to get JT burned at the stake.

You know what, up until the second to last home game, I wasn't even applauding Tinsley during player introductions. I think I'm going to root loudly for him from now on to make a small statement about this whole thing.

I've mostly mellowed at how I root for the team, but this has me fired up to start rooting hard for them again more consistently.

QFT. I'd be a season ticket holder if I didn't work at night. I have to call off work just to make it to a game unless its on a Saturday or Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Neil
    I hope Tins gets a standing ovation tomorrow and is cheered loudly throughout the game. But it is probably too much to ask.............I guess.
    QFT again... Probably would be too much to ask, but I hope Tinsley goes for a triple double and dominates the Bulls at Conseco and gets a standing ovation as he's walking off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal
    Yeah, this whole thing's making me defensive of this team in a way I wasn't expecting. I even fired off another email to our ticket rep to rant a bit. Basically it's the media and the fans who already bailed, that are now rushing to the door to be the loudest idiots to try to get JT burned at the stake.

You know what, up until the second to last home game, I wasn't even applauding Tinsley during player introductions. I think I'm going to root loudly for him from now on to make a small statement about this whole thing.

I've mostly mellowed at how I root for the team, but this has me fired up to start rooting hard for them again more consistently.
    That says a lot coming from you. I've been reading how critical of Tinsley you've been over the last couple of seasons. It makes me wonder how many fans like you feel the same way you do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Neil View Post
    The sad thing is if he had gotten shot, maybe had to sit out a week or two because of it and then came back, he would have gotten a standing ovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The sad thing is if he had gotten shot, maybe had to sit out a week or two because of it and then came back, he would have gotten a standing ovation.
    I doubt that. I think he'd have to get shot, go into a coma and survive it and then come back to get a standing ovation. I'm not saying that to be funny, I'm dead serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    I doubt that. I think he'd have to get shot, go into a coma and survive it and then come back to get a standing ovation. I'm not saying that to be funny, I'm dead serious.
    Whether or not he gets a standing O', this incident should have done nothing to change anyone's opinion of Tinsley. The public has already had enough experience with him to form a solid opinion either way.

Those who support him, clearly are going to support him now. Those who don't support him just had their own reasons confirmed. Those who think he did something foolish, were correct based on Tinsley's own statements as well as JOb's.

Generally, I just want the best for him...which amounts to making better decisions.

EDIT: it could be that JOb having a stern conversation with him was one of the few times in his life he received that. Hopefully he responds positively and builds a good relationship with JOb....
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-11-2007 at 12:04 PM.

No players were injured or suspended. The team is behind Jamaal. He's not in trouble, wont be missing time, wont have to come off the bench for awhile etc... It will be the same as it was last week. Winning basketball half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    No players were injured or suspended. The team is behind Jamaal. He's not in trouble, wont be missing time, wont have to come off the bench for awhile etc... It will be the same as it was last week. Winning basketball half the time.
    Hopefully more than half. We have faced some good teams lately and came out ok. Hopefully we start scorching the rest of the league.

I'd just like to say that I agree with Roaming Gnome's post 100% he took the thoughts right out of my head. I am sick and tired of these people who get all their Pacers news from the 7 O'Clock talking head thinking that they are the judge and jury on Pacers players. IMO its time for people to pick a side and stay on it. YOu are either a fan of this team or you aren't. PERIOD. There's nothing else to it as far as I'm concerned. If you are a fair weather fan then you aren't a fan at all if you ask me, and I don't really care what you think about the team or its players.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Ditto.

If you didn't have the time of day for the team when they were beating Denver or nearly beating PHX, and by attendance figures it's clear that's most of the city, then shut your pie hole about the team now. YOU DON'T KNOW! You aren't paying full attention, don't have nearly enough information, and that makes your opinion about as useful as your opinion on how to build a better levee in New Orleans.

What I hated with Jackson, what I've hated all down the line on this, is how TPTB roll over and let far less informed, totally insincere casual fans (as in not showing up even for nice guys playing good ball, or did Dun and DG get in a scrap?) tell TPTB how to run the show. They aren't going to buy tickets even if you follow their opinion, so don't. They're knee-jerk a'holes with at best an out-of-towner's level of knowledge about the team. They are headed to their Colts Friday party to cheer on Freeney to sack that dirty Tom Brady kid ("wait, Dwight is out, how did I not know that")

Banned

Angry Re: How will this Tinsley incident affect Tinsley's, and the teams, performance?

I have intentionaly stayed away from bashing Tins, but with several of you so called "real Pacer fans" bashing what you call "Piehole casual fans", I feel obligated to make a comment or two. Did Tins do anything legally wrong? NO, however that is no reason to fluff off his propensity to put himself, and most improtantly the Pacers in a bad situation. It is you fans who continue to make exuses for first Jackson and now Tinsley, that have allowed the malcontents on this team to feel that they can do as they damn well please, because the "real fans" will support me and my actions no matter what.

ONe poster stated that he is "pissed" at the casual fan or any fan to even have the nads to condemn Tinsley for the bad PR he has bestowed on the Pacer organization, well I say I am pissed at the so called "real fans" for allowing this circus atmosphere to exist.

BTW, "real fans", the Pacers don't eixst in a vacuum soley for your pleasure, and public opinion will ace your hardcore opinion that "Tins did nothing wrong", everytime.

Ya I stop listening when I hear people start claiming that there the "real fans" just because someone has a different opinion than theirs.
    Last edited by BruceLeeroy; 12-11-2007 at 09:11 PM.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not calling anyone on how much of a fan they are, especially you, Elgin.

I'm just saying that this incident isn't going to shake how I feel about Tinsley, or the team one bit. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I feel that Tinsley is being wronged with the amount of local scrutiny he is taking over nearly being murdered in the streets of downtown with a "Machine Gun"! I know that there is debate on whether Jamaal has brought this upon himself, but I have a hard time buying into that.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

You guys are taking the term "real fans" too seriously. Everyone knows you are real fans. They're talking about the people who come out of the woodwork and use an incident like this to spout off about how bad everything is. They aren't attacking those with different opinions. They're attacking those with opinions based on only part of the story, racially motivated ( believe you me check out the Indianapolis Star board and walk away with a different point of view) or people who spend 99% of their time making jokes in the morning on radio and are now suddenly the resident NBA experts. I see their use of the term "real fans" and know exactly what they're talking about.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Thank you Goldfoot.

Not only that, but I assume no one tuned me out since I didn't use the term "real fans". In fact I gave a pretty specific description of my intended target.
    If you didn't have the time of day for the team when they were beating Denver or nearly beating PHX, and by attendance figures it's clear that's most of the city, then shut your pie hole about the team now.
    I stand by that. If you didn't care last week then STFU now. You don't get to cherry pick your interest or opinion, not if I'm supposed to take you seriously.

What, the FED goes to ME to comment on interest rate increases when they need an expert? "And now here's a guy that just heard some of this story and is pretty PO'd, let's listen to his policy solutions which he's spent all of 10 minutes formulating using his 101 Econ background as guidance."

I just bought tickets to go to the game on wednesday. I'm going to be louder then ever for Jamaal.

Wow interesting posts, and a solid rebuttal Dr. Goldfoot.

As for how Tins and the team responds tonight, I can only hope that they aren't phased by this. I don't think the team itself will be, but it's going to hinge on Tins. If he comes out and is playing as well has he has the past few game, I'll be impressed. Getting shot at with an AK-47 is serious business. Hopefully he's running ice water in those veins. If he plays like hell then of course peeps will blame the shooting. Should be interesting tonight. I hope we crush the Cavs.

As for the fairweather fans, or the haters on the bandwagon again, I don't care about them but I feel for the Pacers organization who are losing money because of this stuff.

Oh and Tinsley, just a little suggestion. Next time you're out and about in the early AM with your entourage, take a nice suv or some sort of people's car. Seriously, a Rolls isn't necessary. No need to call even more attention to yourself.

Alright let's get back to ballin'
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinuven View Post
    Do they really need adversity? I think the successes this franchise have had both in the past and recently come from stability and consistency. This season is the first time in awhile that these guys seems to have a spring in their step and enjoying the game of basketball, which injuries, aside, I think comes from the lack of outside drama and going into camp together as a team. For everyone involved with this franchise from the fans to the players and on up, the last thing we need is "adversity" beyond what the next opponent gives us. What we need is to go out there and string some wins together, putting as much space between us and all this "adversity".

I hope you are right that they come out and play with fire, but not using this type of event as the fuel. They were playing some pretty damn good basketball before it happened, that's all I need.

I see what your saying, and I agree!!! Maybe adversity wasn't the best word. But I think your gonna see an even more motivated Tinsley tonight. I remember reading something a few weeks back when Tinsley said he doesn't take bball for granted. I think this whole vision of basketball and life as a whole. will open even more. And I think it will benefit both Tins and the rest of the team. Also making Tinsley a better/smarter person!!!
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes