Thread: Most Improved Pacer???

Mood

Default Most Improved Pacer???

Who do you believe the most improved player on the Pacers squad is:

Mike Dunleavy, Danny Granger, Shawn Williams, Ike, David Harrison or Jamaal Tinsley.

Default Re: Most Improved Pacer???

Jamaal.

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

just wait till after season
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its far to early to decide.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Earlier this season I would have said MDJ. At this particular time, it's Tinsley.

From the stand point of where the began and where they are now--David Harrison.

No way would I have thought he'd crack the rotation at the beginning of the season.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Toss up between Hulk and Williams. Tinman and Dun are not doing anything more than in the past. Different coaching is whats making them look better.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Tinsley has played this well before. Not for an entire season, but for a month or two, sure. In fact previously with Rick, despite his hatred, he shot a pretty nice 3 ball even.

It's a tough call for me. Shawne is better, but some of it is just more PT. He looked really good in the final few months last year. Dunleavy had totally lost his 3pt shot, but the rest of his game was this good last year (or bad in some aspects).

It's gotta be Harrison for me. He's really improved his temper, he's getting better about not getting off his feet on defense which is helping him avoid some fouls, and with that extra time on the court he's been a real force. Just look at his +/-.

BTW, Foster's passing and improved jumper have to warrant a mention at least. He's also basically the best defender on the team when you check 82games.com and the Opp FG% impact he has.

I don't think it is Jamaal or Mike. Certainly both are playing much better than before. However I think that is due to more of style of play, coaching, as someone already stated.

I think it comes down to Shawne, Ike, or David. I'm not really suprised that Jamaal and Mike are playing the way they are with Jim O'Brien as our coach. I'm defiantly impressed but not suprised.

Shawne has had some pretty big games for us. With Shawne I think it's more of him just being comfortable, getting the playing time and experience.

If Ike never got injured and kept up his production I think it could be him. We will see how he does when he returns though.

David hasn't gotten as much playing time. Still though, he has been getting some time to show what he can do. He had the most to improve of the players IMO and I think he has done a great job of improving.

I think that it is probably David who has improved the most but it's tough.

All I can say is that I am very happy with the progress these players have made this season. It's been fun to see.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do you believe the most improved player on the Pacers squad is:

Mike Dunleavy, Danny Granger, Shawn Williams, Ike, David Harrison or Jamaal Tinsley.

Mike and Hulk are a tie for the most improved in my mind.

Danny, Shawne, and Ike are still on the rise, and have improved dramatically as well.

Jamaal is just returning to old form under a different offensive scheme that fits him better.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

BTW, Foster's passing and improved jumper have to warrant a mention at least. He's also basically the best defender on the team when you check 82games.com and the Opp FG% impact he has.
    True. Jeff has been a huge plus this season - mainly his jumper in my mind. With him being able to hit that jumper it is making his defender play him closer, thus opening up the middle of the lane a tad more. I actually feel more confident when Jeff takes that 15 foot jumper than when JO does now.

Sidenote: Quisy deserves some praise as well. With the disappointment of Diener, Quisy has stepped in admirably as Tins backup at the point.
    Last edited by BoomBaby33; 12-11-2007 at 12:58 AM.

I pick Jamaal. You guys say he's played this well before, but his numbers show that he's having a career year. His impact on the court is bigger than anybody else's on this team. Knowing that, he's stepped up and taken on the role that was given to him and he's cherished it. Yes Foster and Shawne have improved, Danny has improved his scoring output and blocked shots yet again, but Jamaal has consistently been getting better after every game so far.

He started by racking up some assists and he's continued to up his average every game there, Mr. No Defense of last year is now 8th in the league in steals at 2 per game, on top of that he has a countless number of hustle plays. He's become the 3rd best rebounding point guard in the league, his free-throw percentage has increased dramatically over the last few games and so has his shooting percentages overall, and he's even starting to show a decline in his turnovers. On top of that he's also hit a number of clutch shots for us this year.

I expected Tinsley to be better, but I didn't expect him to be this good. He's miles better than he's ever been. I loved him in the brawl year and his rookie year, but this Tinsley is different. He's the most improved.

I'd say Harrison but Tinsley has played very well compared to last year. I'd probably say Harrison because he's shown a lot of improvement defensively and offensively, whereas Tinsley is primarily offensive improvement.

Tinsley has never played this well before. Maybe the stats might indicate he played this well during the first two months of his rookie season, but he didn't play this well. Don't forget he was a very mistake prone rookie, whoich is to be expected so we overlooked it then, but we aren't willing to overlook his mistakes as much now. So our perceptions have changed, but Tinsley is playing better now

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

this is where the analyzing stats don't really bode too well.

If you look at JT's stats...they are not a big boost as some might say...but its not what he gets - its how he's been getting it...and lately his on court leadership has been pretty nice add on which you could not see on paper.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Jamaal, Shawne, David or Ike. Has to be one of them. I don't really care which one made the most improvement. The thing is that they all became better and the combined improvement is what is making our team do way better then I for one expected. It's still early though, but at the very least it's encouraging and good for the longterm as the worth of our players will improve making the potential returns in a quantity for quality trade better.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I was very upset with Jamaal earlier this season, and I think he gave up during a couple games after our quick start, HOWEVER, the guy has been playing like a leader recently. Not only has he been willing to take the final shots, he's been able to make them too. And I was just as pleased by his demeanor on the court - getting on players who make mistakes or don't run hard enough. If he can maintain this level of intensity, I think he will have to be our MIP.

Jeff, though, with that jump shot, sure wants to make himself heard.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I was very upset with Jamaal earlier this season, and I think he gave up during a couple games after our quick start, HOWEVER, the guy has been playing like a leader recently. Not only has he been willing to take the final shots, he's been able to make them too. And I was just as pleased by his demeanor on the court - getting on players who make mistakes or don't run hard enough. If he can maintain this level of intensity, I think he will have to be our MIP.

Jeff, though, with that jump shot, sure wants to make himself heard.
    welcome back...cooled off?

I think a very interesting question is who hasn't improved.

The only player who I can say has not improved is JO. Well and Troy. Maybe Daniels - but it is too difficult to know with him.

Everyone else I think is clearly playing better and by that I don't mean they are averaging more points.

i'll tell you who hasn't improved...the 6th man of the Pacers aka the fans...but there is another topic discussing that now

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JT.

New system and HC helps, but JT has been more consistent and has a positive attitude. It's mentioned a lot and a like Momma, a happy PG is usually a happy family.

I like MDJ's improvement.

Harrison has stepped it up since not getting extended.

Harrison definitely. He's becoming an awesome defender in the paint, and has gained confidence from his teammates on the offensive end. When he gets the ball near the rim he's like Shaq in his prime.

Harrison.
    I need a link to watch the game!! Please anyone help!!! I hate NBA TV televised games. I have NBA League Pass and the NBA TV are not games included!!

It's still too early to tell but here are my early observations

Harrison is looking MUCH better than last year and he may hold this title for me by the end of the year.

Can't really consider Ike seeing he's only played in 3 games.

Shawne is still too inconsistent. Yes, he's growing as a player, but come back to me when he is consistently scoring 15-20 a game.

JT has improved but honestly I think that he's always had the talent to be as good as he is now, there were just a combination of factors that prevented this. The player who has most impressed me is Dunleavy, who is becoming a better scorer and more consistent in every aspect of the game as the year goes on. He's establishing himself as a consistent 2nd or 3rd option on this team every night. I NEVER thought that would be something we'd see from him.