Thread: DO YOU GUYS THINK FRED JONES IS ACTUALLY MORE CONSISTENT THAN REGGIE?

Default Re: DO YOU GUYS THINK FRED JONES IS ACTUALLY MORE CONSISTENT THAN REGGIE?

Fred isn't consistant because he hasn't shot as much. Granted Reggie is a very good shooter. But Fred can actually improve a hell of a lot more than Reg. Just read my sig.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Default Re: DO YOU GUYS THINK FRED JONES IS ACTUALLY MORE CONSISTENT THAN REGGIE?

Sooner or later Freddie will be a worthy successor to Reggie. [Sheed]Guaranteed[/Sheed].

"The funny thing about Jones is he might be the only player Iíve ever encountered in 19 years covering the NBA who actually is better than he thinks. Most players have problems accepting their limitations and playing within them. Jonesí skill set is so much greater than most, his game has yet to find its boundaries."
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I question his reliability in a time like this...
    You did WATCH him last night, didn't you? Biggest game of the year? Who was it that stepped up their game? Oh yes, I believe that was FRED JONES.[/quote]

You know, sometimes experience may not help here....where was Reggie's experience yesterday? Or Austin's experience? Or Anyone else's? It was the UNexperienced person stepping up.

I question his reliability in a time like this...
    You did WATCH him last night, didn't you? Biggest game of the year? Who was it that stepped up their game? Oh yes, I believe that was FRED JONES.
    This was the first game where he seemed himself. WHy does everyone seem to forget how WELL he was playing before he hurt his shoulder????????????
    It was like the stupid announcer said. "he's the only one playing loose".
    What more do you want? At some point REAL players are ready to go, no matter what their experience level. Freddie is a REAL player.
    I would GLADLY start him (on Hamilton) from here on out.
    Rick won't.[/quote]

Exactly. The only guy I saw yesterday play with his HEART. He seemed pumped all the time.

He had better shoot more in game 6...not that we'll win or anything.

I doubt it. Not the way he's been playing.

Questioning and asking Reggie to step up is ok but but what have we come to people? Comparing Freddie Jones to Reggie Miller (even if he is past his prime)!!!!!!!! Everybody has the athletic ability in the NBA. It is the mental strength and mindset that is important. Freddie Jones is good and he will be good if he develops a jump shot and does not take a lot of time to release that jump shot. But please, please don't compare him to Reggie. Reggie's mindset is not that of your regular NBA player. He could have a bad game but he does not let it affect him. I am not saying he will score 40 on Tuesday but what he did in Game 5 will have no bearing on Tuesday. Remember when he missed that first free throw at the end of the game in Game 1, look at the form on that second free throw (Doc Rivers also mentioned it). 6-70% of the players in this league would put some body language and choke in that second free throw. All this will not have a bearing on this series but please do not compare Freddie, do not even utter his name in the same breath as Reggie Miller.

We just don't run as many plays as they do for Rip. It is the percentages. If %ages are same, it will look obvious that Rip is outplaying Reggie and he is. But keep in mind that we are not running as many plays for Reggie.

I am not defending Reggie - I agree he is not like before but I disagree if someone says he has played poorly. It is called playing within the system. You can't have it both ways. You are criticizing Jalen and Al for jacking up shots and you are criticizing Reggie for being within the system. He can have a bad game too! How soon people forget. This kind of harsh words, jumping off and piling on in harsh times is not good for you whether it is the Pacers, Reggie or in your life in general.
    User Thingfish said -

"Great season guys, it's a progression. 10-11 - first round vs Bulls, 11-12 - 2nd round vs Heat, 12-13 - ECF vs Heat, 13-14 - Finals "

Banned

You Reggie apologists have got to come to grips with reality. The reason that he isn't shooting isn't because they don't run things for him. It's because HE IS VERY EASY TO GUARD. He is very slow now by NBA standards.

Take a look at when he gets the ball. Rip is right up in his face, giving him no room because Rip knows that Reggie can't get around him.

Then, take a look at when Freddie gets the ball. Rip gives him some room because he knows that if he gets up in Freddie's face, Freddie will blow past him.

Reggie is getting the ball, but he can't do anything with it. He can't get away from Rip....and on the other end, it's like Rip is being guarded by a high school player....IOW, he's hardly guarded at all. In the third quarter yesterday Rip scored about 10 points in the first 5 minutes, then when Reggie left the game he didn't score any more in the third, and very little in the fourth, because Reggie wasn't on him any more.

Even if Reggie does have a productive game now and then on offense, he's still going to be a major liability on defense. He killed the Pacers last night.

Artestaholic

These guys are our future, and if were gonna go out we need to atleast play them to see what theyve got, and to get in some big game minutes. If we could just give Fred Jones Reggies smarts and shooting ability, we'd have a superstar