Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you realize that it may be over?

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Do you realize that it may be over?

IF, as I have been predicting, Reggie quietly retires this summer last night was Reggies last home game EVER.

Think about it.
    I never have gotten Geezer Jr. and Geezerette out to a game to see him play like I swore I would. And now it's possible that I'm too late.

IT COULD BE OVER

<edit> [size=9:380ba7ca0a]unless of course we win game 6 [/size]
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: Do you realize that it may be over?

The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

sweabs

Wow - that is unbelievable - hard to think about.

After so many great years, having such an impact on fans, the game, and the Pacers franchise - it is crazy to think it might be over .

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

nope, not over-- I won't accept that
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

PoultryPops

IF, as I have been predicting, Reggie quietly retires this summer last night was Reggies last home game EVER.

Think about it.
    I never have gotten Geezer Jr. and Geezerette out to a game to see him play like I swore I would. And now it's possible that I'm too late.

IT COULD BE OVER

I honestly believe that Reggie will be back next year. Do you think that he will want to end his career at Indy with a game like that? Hell be back. Mark my word.

<edit> [size=9:c6f1971695]unless of course we win game 6 [/size]

Geezer: War's over, man. The Pistons dropped the big one.
    Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Otter : [whispering] Germans?
    Boon : Forget it, he's rolling.
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out, alone; then returns] What the f#$% happened to the Pacers Fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get beat again." Well just kiss my a#$ from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Hamilton, he's a dead man! Wallace, dead! Wallace -
    Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these *******s. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
    Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
    Geezer: Let's do it.
    Bluto: LET'S DO IT
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Toga Toga Toga

(hmm or was that tora tora tora, how utterly confusing so shortly before my afternoon tea)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Nah , If I was a Betting man , I say Reggie Has a Job with the Pacers if he want's to stay , you sure don't want him to goto another team to be a shooting coach or any other staff position.

But yes I realize it may be the Last time I seen Reggie Play , I think even Reggie realizes he is not the Guy he once was and I won't be surprised if before next season he hangs up the sneakers .

No matter what Carlisle said before, I really don't think Reggie will be starting next year. Seriously.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

No matter what Carlisle said before, I really don't think Reggie will be starting next year. Seriously.
    I'd like to think that, but he started (I think it was) Corliss Williamson long after he should have in Detroit, and he has to have more respect for Reggie than Corliss (with no offense intended to Mr. Williamson).

He'll be back. No way he goes out like this.

King Mob

You're thinking of the Binary Man, Michael Curry. Corliss didn'y start under Carlisle.

I'd like to think that, but he started (I think it was) Corliss Williamson long after he should have in Detroit, and he has to have more respect for Reggie than Corliss (with no offense intended to Mr. Williamson).
    True, but this is the same Carlisle who everyone thought couldn't change. And he did make changes.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

True, but this is the same Carlisle who everyone thought couldn't change. And he did make changes.
    I've thought about that too. But, it's Reggie, ya know? I just won't see it until I literally see it happen.

I've thought about that too. But, it's Reggie, ya know? I just won't see it until I literally see it happen.
    True true.

It will be interesting to see what Al thinks of all of this.

I don't give an F what Al thinks as long he is pouting on the bench or jacking up spin move left hand layup prayers
    User Thingfish said -

"Great season guys, it's a progression. 10-11 - first round vs Bulls, 11-12 - 2nd round vs Heat, 12-13 - ECF vs Heat, 13-14 - Finals "

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I would gladly see Reggie stay for a couple more tries. Off the bench.

But who to replace him? Ron? uh no. I have this fear of saying Freddie. For some reason or other when I think of Freddie I see Ron Mercer.

ACK!! I jus do that's all.

I'm saddened to think it may be over.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Think about it.

IT COULD BE OVER

<edit> [size=9:9f53800e85]unless of course we win game 6 [/size]
    I was thinking this after the game last night, and I just posted in UB's thread that the Pistons jerk-fans had me so furious last night that I didn't even to think about saying my proper good-bye's just in case.

As for the OT portion of this thread. Reggie should have moved to the bench in 2000-01. Since it hasn't happend yet, I don't believe he's ever going to be our sixth-man again.

(Since some kids don't remember the young Reggie, he was sixth-man for a couple of seasons, and even his first year as a starter he wasn't allowed on the court during the fourth quarter of close games. Hell, he played three or four seasons before he hit his first game-winning shot. It was a floater that happened on a broken play against Milwaukee, and many of us were just glad that the loudmouthed kid delivered, because he still should have given the ball to the Rifleman.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out, alone; then returns] What the f#$% happened to the Pacers Fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get beat again." Well just kiss my a#$ from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Hamilton, he's a dead man! Wallace, dead! Wallace -
    Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these *******s. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

MagicRat ***** you and ***** your stupid signature. "No he's not retarded" yeah and i bet your a f@ggot to.

MagicRat ***** you and ***** your stupid signature. "No he's not retarded" yeah and i bet your a f@ggot to.
    I don't know why you did that, but you just earned yourself a week's vacation.

sweabs

What the heck happened there? .

Mood

Look at MagicRat's sig.

sweabs

Look at MagicRat's sig.
    Yeah....and.......?

Mood

JO'neal was mad at MagicRat for the thing in his sig (about the kid being retarded), cussed at him, and Hicks suspended him for a week.

sweabs

I didn't realize that part of MR's sig was aimed towards JOneal7?