Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWTF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds to me like Tinsley is gone... I think he was on his last strike from Larry, and it is a shame cause Tins is playing his best basketball ever, then again, his trade value has to be very high right now, he is one of the top PG's in the NBA statwise.
    Larry's all talk. I'm still waiting for our mystery shooter.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird View Post
    "This is something we can't just put right behind us and walk away from," Bird said Sunday. "It's something we'll have to discuss. I don't know how long it'll take and we'll continue to talk about it. We have to make a change, there's no question about it."
    I guess I give Bird a little credit for starting to put down a hammer when Shawne's incident emerged.

But, overall, he seems to be pretty soft, despite how tough he was on the court.

JOB on the other hand . . .

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    I think this is all a conspiracy...

First J.O. opens Club 7. Then comes the 8-second-saloon incident. Now Cloud 9. Does anyone know if there are any bars in town with the number 10 in the name? Can we make a proactive policy to keep anyone associated with the team away from there?
    Amazing good catch, D23...the authorities need to check into this. By the time the 700 Club enters into the picture, it will be way, way too late.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    I think this is all a conspiracy...

First J.O. opens Club 7. Then comes the 8-second-saloon incident. Now Cloud 9. Does anyone know if there are any bars in town with the number 10 in the name? Can we make a proactive policy to keep anyone associated with the team away from there?
    Today, my friend, is Dec. 10.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

streets ahead

The Ten
    1218 N Pennsylvania St
    Indianapolis, IN 46202
    http://search.cityguide.aol.com/indi...04424720/print

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    Amazing good catch, D23...the authorities need to check into this. By the time the 700 Club enters into the picture, it will be way, way too late.
    I already caught the numbers in the main thread.. note, Jamaal's # is 11..

8 seconds saloon
    Cloud 9

The only logical explanation is that Tinsley is huge numbers fan and is planning his next "incident" at club TEN (yes, the lesbian bar at 12th & Penn).

One would also expect that after that there will only be one more occurrence after TEN since the Tin-man sports the number 11 on the court.

Does Jamaal have plans to open his own club 11 thus sealing the fate of this numbers game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8sTLPA9Jk

With Tinsley playing so well, his trade value is decently high. And with this incident, we have an excuse to trade him.

If we were just looking to randomly unload a player, teams might think "why?" But with this incident out in the open, teams know why and can be talked into it.

Consider it the SJax principle.

Now, I'm not saying this will happen, but I am mentally preparing myself for a Tinsley/Murphy for Starbury trade. Its going to take awhile, so I'm going to start now.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Now, I'm not saying this will happen, but I am mentally preparing myself for a Tinsley/Murphy for Starbury trade. Its going to take awhile, so I'm going to start now.
    cause when you need an image cleanup, you call starbury.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    cause when you need an image cleanup, you call starbury.

Has he had any off-the-court incidents? He's a malcontent, but I don't believe he has a criminal record.

Mood

What are you talking about? Larry knows what hes talking about! He was on our team all along. His name is ....

... Jamaal Tinsley. His shooting percentage is up you know!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWTF View Post
    Sounds to me like Tinsley is gone... I think he was on his last strike from Larry, and it is a shame cause Tins is playing his best basketball ever, then again, his trade value has to be very high right now, he is one of the top PG's in the NBA statwise.
    I doubt it. I think it means to me the Pacers franchise is going to seriously consider putting in strict curfew hours and things of that nature. Also possibly a list of acceptable places to go and so on.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Has he had any off-the-court incidents? He's a malcontent, but I don't believe he has a criminal record.
    Uh, does Tinsley? I really can't believe some think this incident attests to Tinsley's character. Does it attest to where he likes to hang out? Absolutely, but it doesn't mean hes a bad guy.
    Look I'm tired of hearing about this stuff as much as the next guy. Really I am, but there is nothing to get upset with Tins about right now. There just isn't. He didn't do anything wrong and it appears he did everything in his power to diffuse the situation. Do you really think he thought the guys following him would unload an automatic rifle outside of the Conrad? I sure wouldn't. It would seem like a pretty safe place to go. Tins handled this by the book. If someone is following you, you go to well lit public place. He could not have anticipated just how crazy the people following him were.
    Was Tinsley's brother out of line? You bet. I expect he will be facing charges for going after the assailants and returning fire. Jamaal Tinsly though, the guy this thread is about, didn't do anything wrong as far as I'm concerned. At least nothing that warrants being booted off the team. It wasn't the brightest decision to go out given his history, but he certainly didn't do anything to warrant us trading him.

Also new update on IndyStar says police are looking at the Conrad surveillance tape and photos. They are hoping to be able to figure out what the shooter looked like.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

so is the rest of the police department in Indiana...

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Also new update on IndyStar says police are looking at the Conrad surveillance tape and photos. They are hoping to be able to figure out what the shooter looked like.
    Well the shooter managed to hit two elbows, so I guess we know Jermaine O'Neal didn't do it...

Officials say the tapes show a shooter reciprocating from the parking lot of the hotel, wearing a mink coat, a yellow headband, firing a licensed weapon at the fleeing black truck and shouting, "And 1, Muther F#ckers!"

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Officials say the tapes show a shooter reciprocating from the parking lot of the hotel, wearing a mink coat, a yellow headband, firing a licensed weapon at the fleeing black truck and shouting, "And 1, Muther F#ckers!"

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Officials say the tapes show a shooter reciprocating from the parking lot of the hotel, wearing a mink coat, a yellow headband, firing a licensed weapon at the fleeing black truck and shouting, "And 1, Muther F#ckers!" even though the shooter didn't hit his intended target.
    fixed.

The Pacers really need to have a "Kevlar Vest Night" at the Fieldhouse.

Uh, does Tinsley? I really can't believe some think this incident attests to Tinsley's character. Does it attest to where he likes to hang out? Absolutely, but it doesn't mean hes a bad guy.
    Look I'm tired of hearing about this stuff as much as the next guy. Really I am, but there is nothing to get upset with Tins about right now. There just isn't. He didn't do anything wrong and it appears he did everything in his power to diffuse the situation. Do you really think he thought the guys following him would unload an automatic rifle outside of the Conrad? I sure wouldn't. It would seem like a pretty safe place to go. Tins handled this by the book. If someone is following you, you go to well lit public place. He could not have anticipated just how crazy the people following him were.
    Was Tinsley's brother out of line? You bet. I expect he will be facing charges for going after the assailants and returning fire. Jamaal Tinsly though, the guy this thread is about, didn't do anything wrong as far as I'm concerned. At least nothing that warrants being booted off the team. It wasn't the brightest decision to go out given his history, but he certainly didn't do anything to warrant us trading him.

Read the official thread for my repeated defense of Tinsley. I agree that, if I had to say one way or the other, I would "acquit" Tinsley here.

But this is 100% an off-the-court incident. It is off the court, and it is an incident. Add that with the 8 Second Saloon (where he allegedly threatened a man's life) and the Club Rio incident where he was caught with weed (let's be honest here, the weed was his). That's three incidents.

And I'm not advocating a trade. Just saying the conditions exist to make one possible.

Well judging by the accuracy of those shots, my guess is it was Kareem Rush.

In all seriousness, I'm sort of concerned for the personal safety of Tinsley and the rest of the team. If the shooter(s) is bold enough to follow the Tinsley's from W. 38th street all the way to the downtown area, what else are they willing to do?

Tinsley wouldn't be a hard target after Pacers games are over. What about when the team is out of town and boarding the team bus? What if the shooter sends his "boys" to do some dirty work for him outside of the state ala TuPac Shakur?

I know it appears Tinsley is innocent from a law standpoint, but it seems he isn't exactly out making friends around the city. I could see if he was a member of the Pistons getting shot at, but this is a man that plays for the local team. He should be embraced, not shot at. It makes me wonder if the first altercation he had at 8 Seconds with Stephen Jackson & co. may have involved some gang members who's gang is now targeting Tinsley.

Forget the personal safety of Tinsley how about the personal safety of everyone in the city of Indianapolis? Stuff like this is not supposed to happen in this city. We're supposed to be a big city with a small town feel. Lets be honest the crime is an increasing pattern all around the city and if you think its just on W. 38th st you are wrong. The city of INdianapolis should take this as a nice little wake up call that they have gang bangers wandering around their city with assault rifles and the need to shoot at people who drive nice cars and make money.

Originally Posted by Arcadian
    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo
    so is the rest of the police department in Indiana...
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    Well the shooter managed to hit two elbows, so I guess we know Jermaine O'Neal didn't do it...
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs