Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

  1. #26

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWTF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds to me like Tinsley is gone... I think he was on his last strike from Larry, and it is a shame cause Tins is playing his best basketball ever, then again, his trade value has to be very high right now, he is one of the top PG's in the NBA statwise.
    Larry's all talk. I'm still waiting for our mystery shooter.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  2. #27
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "This is something we can't just put right behind us and walk away from," Bird said Sunday. "It's something we'll have to discuss. I don't know how long it'll take and we'll continue to talk about it. We have to make a change, there's no question about it."
    I guess I give Bird a little credit for starting to put down a hammer when Shawne's incident emerged.

    But, overall, he seems to be pretty soft, despite how tough he was on the court.

    JOB on the other hand . . .
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  3. #28
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,829
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is all a conspiracy...

    First J.O. opens Club 7. Then comes the 8-second-saloon incident. Now Cloud 9. Does anyone know if there are any bars in town with the number 10 in the name? Can we make a proactive policy to keep anyone associated with the team away from there?
    Amazing good catch, D23...the authorities need to check into this. By the time the 700 Club enters into the picture, it will be way, way too late.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  4. #29
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is all a conspiracy...

    First J.O. opens Club 7. Then comes the 8-second-saloon incident. Now Cloud 9. Does anyone know if there are any bars in town with the number 10 in the name? Can we make a proactive policy to keep anyone associated with the team away from there?
    Today, my friend, is Dec. 10.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  5. #30
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    The Ten
    1218 N Pennsylvania St
    Indianapolis, IN 46202
    http://search.cityguide.aol.com/indi...04424720/print



    WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!
    This is the darkest timeline.

  6. #31

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing good catch, D23...the authorities need to check into this. By the time the 700 Club enters into the picture, it will be way, way too late.
    I already caught the numbers in the main thread.. note, Jamaal's # is 11..

    8 seconds saloon
    Cloud 9

    The only logical explanation is that Tinsley is huge numbers fan and is planning his next "incident" at club TEN (yes, the lesbian bar at 12th & Penn).

    One would also expect that after that there will only be one more occurrence after TEN since the Tin-man sports the number 11 on the court.

    Does Jamaal have plans to open his own club 11 thus sealing the fate of this numbers game?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8sTLPA9Jk

  7. #32

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    With Tinsley playing so well, his trade value is decently high. And with this incident, we have an excuse to trade him.

    If we were just looking to randomly unload a player, teams might think "why?" But with this incident out in the open, teams know why and can be talked into it.

    Consider it the SJax principle.



    Now, I'm not saying this will happen, but I am mentally preparing myself for a Tinsley/Murphy for Starbury trade. Its going to take awhile, so I'm going to start now.

  8. #33
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now, I'm not saying this will happen, but I am mentally preparing myself for a Tinsley/Murphy for Starbury trade. Its going to take awhile, so I'm going to start now.
    cause when you need an image cleanup, you call starbury.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  9. #34
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry's all talk. I'm still waiting for our mystery shooter.

  10. #35

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cause when you need an image cleanup, you call starbury.

    Has he had any off-the-court incidents? He's a malcontent, but I don't believe he has a criminal record.

  11. #36
    Member BoomBaby33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On The Westside
    Posts
    777
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry's all talk. I'm still waiting for our mystery shooter.
    What are you talking about? Larry knows what hes talking about! He was on our team all along. His name is ....





    ... Jamaal Tinsley. His shooting percentage is up you know!

  12. #37
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWTF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds to me like Tinsley is gone... I think he was on his last strike from Larry, and it is a shame cause Tins is playing his best basketball ever, then again, his trade value has to be very high right now, he is one of the top PG's in the NBA statwise.
    I doubt it. I think it means to me the Pacers franchise is going to seriously consider putting in strict curfew hours and things of that nature. Also possibly a list of acceptable places to go and so on.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #38
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has he had any off-the-court incidents? He's a malcontent, but I don't believe he has a criminal record.
    Uh, does Tinsley? I really can't believe some think this incident attests to Tinsley's character. Does it attest to where he likes to hang out? Absolutely, but it doesn't mean hes a bad guy.
    Look I'm tired of hearing about this stuff as much as the next guy. Really I am, but there is nothing to get upset with Tins about right now. There just isn't. He didn't do anything wrong and it appears he did everything in his power to diffuse the situation. Do you really think he thought the guys following him would unload an automatic rifle outside of the Conrad? I sure wouldn't. It would seem like a pretty safe place to go. Tins handled this by the book. If someone is following you, you go to well lit public place. He could not have anticipated just how crazy the people following him were.
    Was Tinsley's brother out of line? You bet. I expect he will be facing charges for going after the assailants and returning fire. Jamaal Tinsly though, the guy this thread is about, didn't do anything wrong as far as I'm concerned. At least nothing that warrants being booted off the team. It wasn't the brightest decision to go out given his history, but he certainly didn't do anything to warrant us trading him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #39
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Also new update on IndyStar says police are looking at the Conrad surveillance tape and photos. They are hoping to be able to figure out what the shooter looked like.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #40
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry's all talk. I'm still waiting for our mystery shooter.
    so is the rest of the police department in Indiana...

  16. #41
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also new update on IndyStar says police are looking at the Conrad surveillance tape and photos. They are hoping to be able to figure out what the shooter looked like.
    Well the shooter managed to hit two elbows, so I guess we know Jermaine O'Neal didn't do it...

  17. #42
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also new update on IndyStar says police are looking at the Conrad surveillance tape and photos. They are hoping to be able to figure out what the shooter looked like.
    Officials say the tapes show a shooter reciprocating from the parking lot of the hotel, wearing a mink coat, a yellow headband, firing a licensed weapon at the fleeing black truck and shouting, "And 1, Muther F#ckers!"
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  18. #43
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Officials say the tapes show a shooter reciprocating from the parking lot of the hotel, wearing a mink coat, a yellow headband, firing a licensed weapon at the fleeing black truck and shouting, "And 1, Muther F#ckers!"

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. #44
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Officials say the tapes show a shooter reciprocating from the parking lot of the hotel, wearing a mink coat, a yellow headband, firing a licensed weapon at the fleeing black truck and shouting, "And 1, Muther F#ckers!" even though the shooter didn't hit his intended target.
    fixed.

  20. #45
    Banned Big Smooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,204

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    The Pacers really need to have a "Kevlar Vest Night" at the Fieldhouse.

  21. #46

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh, does Tinsley? I really can't believe some think this incident attests to Tinsley's character. Does it attest to where he likes to hang out? Absolutely, but it doesn't mean hes a bad guy.
    Look I'm tired of hearing about this stuff as much as the next guy. Really I am, but there is nothing to get upset with Tins about right now. There just isn't. He didn't do anything wrong and it appears he did everything in his power to diffuse the situation. Do you really think he thought the guys following him would unload an automatic rifle outside of the Conrad? I sure wouldn't. It would seem like a pretty safe place to go. Tins handled this by the book. If someone is following you, you go to well lit public place. He could not have anticipated just how crazy the people following him were.
    Was Tinsley's brother out of line? You bet. I expect he will be facing charges for going after the assailants and returning fire. Jamaal Tinsly though, the guy this thread is about, didn't do anything wrong as far as I'm concerned. At least nothing that warrants being booted off the team. It wasn't the brightest decision to go out given his history, but he certainly didn't do anything to warrant us trading him.

    Read the official thread for my repeated defense of Tinsley. I agree that, if I had to say one way or the other, I would "acquit" Tinsley here.

    But this is 100% an off-the-court incident. It is off the court, and it is an incident. Add that with the 8 Second Saloon (where he allegedly threatened a man's life) and the Club Rio incident where he was caught with weed (let's be honest here, the weed was his). That's three incidents.

    And I'm not advocating a trade. Just saying the conditions exist to make one possible.

  22. #47

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also new update on IndyStar says police are looking at the Conrad surveillance tape and photos. They are hoping to be able to figure out what the shooter looked like.

    Well judging by the accuracy of those shots, my guess is it was Kareem Rush.

  23. #48
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    In all seriousness, I'm sort of concerned for the personal safety of Tinsley and the rest of the team. If the shooter(s) is bold enough to follow the Tinsley's from W. 38th street all the way to the downtown area, what else are they willing to do?

    Tinsley wouldn't be a hard target after Pacers games are over. What about when the team is out of town and boarding the team bus? What if the shooter sends his "boys" to do some dirty work for him outside of the state ala TuPac Shakur?

    I know it appears Tinsley is innocent from a law standpoint, but it seems he isn't exactly out making friends around the city. I could see if he was a member of the Pistons getting shot at, but this is a man that plays for the local team. He should be embraced, not shot at. It makes me wonder if the first altercation he had at 8 Seconds with Stephen Jackson & co. may have involved some gang members who's gang is now targeting Tinsley.

  24. #49
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Forget the personal safety of Tinsley how about the personal safety of everyone in the city of Indianapolis? Stuff like this is not supposed to happen in this city. We're supposed to be a big city with a small town feel. Lets be honest the crime is an increasing pattern all around the city and if you think its just on W. 38th st you are wrong. The city of INdianapolis should take this as a nice little wake up call that they have gang bangers wandering around their city with assault rifles and the need to shoot at people who drive nice cars and make money.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #50
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Originally Posted by Arcadian
    Larry's all talk. I'm still waiting for our mystery shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so is the rest of the police department in Indiana...
    Nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well the shooter managed to hit two elbows, so I guess we know Jermaine O'Neal didn't do it...
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •