Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 64 of 64

Thread: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

  1. #51
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forget the personal safety of Tinsley how about the personal safety of everyone in the city of Indianapolis? Stuff like this is not supposed to happen in this city. We're supposed to be a big city with a small town feel. Lets be honest the crime is an increasing pattern all around the city and if you think its just on W. 38th st you are wrong. The city of INdianapolis should take this as a nice little wake up call that they have gang bangers wandering around their city with assault rifles and the need to shoot at people who drive nice cars and make money.
    You're right, but things like this can happen in a lot of cities. Crime is bad and getting worse here, but even then I find it hard to believe that somebody would follow Tinsley across town to try to take him out JUST because he has money and some nice cars. I could see if it was a robbery attempt, but that's not the case here. Somebody in the Tinsley party either said something to provoke them, or somebody already know's of Tinsley from a past incident and was looking to take him out.

    This is why I never fought in High School. Because in Jr. High, I might have beaten up a kid, but then that kid would call his older and much bigger and bolder brother or best friend, and then I'd have to deal with their crazy ***. I didn't learn anything from the initial fight, but I learned something from the retaliation.

  2. #52

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    The next time Tinsley's luck is going to run out and he is going to be seriously popped and we will all say but it wasn't his fault; he did nothing wrong.

  3. #53
    Member Reckoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Wrong place, wrong time. He's owned up to it, but he aint the cowardly loser who tried to kill someone(s).

    I hope this is the last we hear apart from the tossers who shot at him getting put in jail.

  4. #54
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The next time Tinsley's luck is going to run out and he is going to be seriously popped and we will all say but it wasn't his fault; he did nothing wrong.
    back in Jersey I went to high school that was by the ghettos...
    we had a lot of so called "gangs" from different projects...
    it took a lot of social networking with various people from different groups to be as neutral as Switzerland...

    but that didn't mean that there weren't times when idiots tried to start things with me when I had done nothing wrong...why did they do it? all for the thrill of it / or cause I had something better/more expensive on me than them and they were interested in taking it...

    this incident with Tins going to a hotel instead of their own house reminds me of those days when some punks were following me and my friends. I ended up just going into the house of the friend who lived closest to home and just waited 'em out.
    Next day I see another friend and he tells me that some of his friends were planning on attacking me to take my headphones - but he made 'em back out from it.

    Point of the story - sometimes stupid **** will follow you...without even you doing anything to stir it up in the first place.

  5. #55
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Believe it or not people do injure or even KILL people who have nicer things than them. It is sad, senseless, and downright scary, but it is true. I don't know if that is what happened to Jamaal, but I've heard nothing that makes me think it was something else. More information could come out about what happened in the parking lot. Right now though it sounds like it was over the nice cars Jamaal was driving and his yearly salary and nothing more.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh, does Tinsley? I really can't believe some think this incident attests to Tinsley's character. Does it attest to where he likes to hang out? Absolutely, but it doesn't mean hes a bad guy.
    You're kidding, right? He's only going to trial in about a month for the 8 Seconds Saloon fight. I'd call that an off-the-court incident, beyond his being at Club Rio when Jackson decided it was the OK Corral.

    And if he's convicted he may look on this past weekend as a life altering experience. You can't take other behavior into account during the trial phase but you sure can during the penalty phase and you can bet the prosecutor's gonna point at this and say Tinsley hasn't learned a thing and should get some jail time to figure it out.

    Otherwise I'd have said the worst he'd probably be facing was probation. I don't think that now. If he's convicted it's gonna be hard for the defense to argue that he's learned the error of his ways, has stayed out of trouble since and will never do it again.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  7. #57

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    I don't believe that the incident shows Tins to be a bad person. He did nothing illegal or wrong as reported.

    It does show, however, that he hasn't figued out that parts of his lifestyle aren't safe or smart. He does owe the franchise and more importantly his family better decision making when it comes to the situations he puts himself into.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  8. #58
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry's all talk. I'm still waiting for our mystery shooter.
    Apparently there was a sighting in front of the Conrad the other night. Thing is he apparently is just as streaky and prone to miss as Jackson was.



    edit: drat, way too slow
    so is the rest of the police department in Indiana...


    Has Brizzi run the fingerprint and DNA check on the AK shells yet? Checked Washington St for tire marks? Called in the Ghostbusters?

    Oh wait, elections over, and with it goes due diligence I guess.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 12-10-2007 at 10:44 PM.

  9. #59

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently there was a sighting in front of the Conrad the other night. Thing is he apparently is just as streaky and prone to miss as Jackson was.
    And disappears like MDJ...
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  10. #60
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,241

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe that the incident shows Tins to be a bad person. He did nothing illegal or wrong as reported.

    It does show, however, that he hasn't figued out that parts of his lifestyle aren't safe or smart. He does owe the franchise and more importantly his family better decision making when it comes to the situations he puts himself into.
    Absolutely.

    BTW, Tinsley's last three games prior to this incident were perhaps the best 3 game stretch of his career. It's gotta be tough on him to have this happen right now. I can tell you, this is a bit surreal for me since I work within walking distance of the incident and often eat in the Artsgarden overlooking the scene. I still have a difficult time believing someone would open fire with assault rifles at that particular location. It's just nuts.

  11. #61
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're kidding, right? He's only going to trial in about a month for the 8 Seconds Saloon fight. I'd call that an off-the-court incident, beyond his being at Club Rio when Jackson decided it was the OK Corral.

    And if he's convicted he may look on this past weekend as a life altering experience. You can't take other behavior into account during the trial phase but you sure can during the penalty phase and you can bet the prosecutor's gonna point at this and say Tinsley hasn't learned a thing and should get some jail time to figure it out.

    Otherwise I'd have said the worst he'd probably be facing was probation. I don't think that now. If he's convicted it's gonna be hard for the defense to argue that he's learned the error of his ways, has stayed out of trouble since and will never do it again.
    No, I'm not kidding Tinsley doesn't have a criminal record. Which is what I was responding too.

    Last I checked in this country you are innocent til proven guilty. Although sometimes it seems people only apply that to certain people.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #62

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You touch a hot pan and you get burned.

    You touch a hot pan again and you get burned again.

    You touch a hot pan yet again and you get burned yet again.

    Then you announce "I was wrong to touch a hot pan"

    If he really believes that, why in the world would it have not "sunk in" the first time or the second time?
    I wouldn't expect you to get it, unless you've been shot at before. It's no joke, and it will rattle you. In the other incidences it never looked like anyone made a serious attempt on his life.

    This isn't the same as the other situations. Not at all.

    -- Steve --

  13. #63
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't expect you to get it, unless you've been shot at before. It's no joke, and it will rattle you. In the other incidences it never looked like anyone made a serious attempt on his life.

    This isn't the same as the other situations. Not at all.

    -- Steve --
    yes...its more like touching a hot plate to touching a hot oven to touching the fire coming out from the fireplace. - They're all hot but the degree of hotness...is different.

  14. #64

    Default Re: Tinsley calls incident a "stupid mistake"-IndyStar

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes...its more like touching a hot plate to touching a hot oven to touching the fire coming out from the fireplace. - They're all hot but the degree of hotness...is different.
    Believe me, I've been in arguments, and been in fist fights. I've also been shot, and obviously, shot at.

    They're not even related. Period.

    -- Steve --

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •