Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 282

Thread: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

  1. #151
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,622

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Nightclub, shots fired.
    Pacers in the news again.
    Some things never change.
    Last edited by Doug; 12-09-2007 at 07:17 PM.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  2. #152
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,622

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    One more incident,
    And Tinsley's card will be full!
    Free attorney fee!
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  3. #153
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,693

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Well in the light of responsible behaviour and setting good examples, all future PD parties will end at 11 PM instead of 4 Am at Perkins.

    I agree with Anthem, am very happy Jamaal is ok, sad to hear Joe got hurt, and hope that the police will catch the culprits quickly.

    Hard to imagine that carrying an AK47 (or M16) is more acceptable then driving a rolls royce, glad they see that differently here, and I hope that hey see it differently where Regiie lives nowadays.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  4. #154
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nightclub, shots are fired.
    Pacers in the news again.
    Some things never change.
    Fixed.

    Remember, in Indiana "fired" is a one-syllable word.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #155
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,020

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    A new amendment for Pacer safety:

    TITLE 140 BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLES
    ARTICLE 11. SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY DIVISION
    Rule 11. Rolls Royce Safety Procedure
    140 IAC 11-1-1 West 38th Street Safety Ban For Luxury automobiles driven by the Indiana Pacers
    (a) At no time between the hours of 11:00PM and 5:00AM seven days a week, shall an Indiana Pacer operate a motor vehicle with a value in excess of $100,000, including a Rolls Royce, in the vicinity of I465, Lafayette Road and 38th Street with the intent of visiting establishments serving alcoholic beverages.
    (b) Violation: Cancellation of contract at the descretion of TPTB or upon referendum on PD.

  6. #156
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that's certainly true. I'm not saying it wasn't stupid (it absolutely was). But there's a difference between a bad/stupid decision and doing something morally/legally wrong.

    If this thread was just a matter of "well that was stupid" then I wouldn't bother to post, because I wouldn't disagree. But the idea that Tinsley did something morally wrong, and that he owes the city an apology in some way, is simply expletive deleted.

    It takes an unbelievable level of some unnamed but not complimentary attribute for posters to come on here and say that Tinsley should:
    - sell his car
    - promise never to go out past 1am
    - promise never to go to clubs
    - never be in places that serve alcohol

    Each one of these things has been said in this thread (not by you, Rim) and each one of them is, as I said earlier, pure expletive deleted.
    Thank You!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  7. #157
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shooting back is not a crime. His life was being placed in danger, and he was responding accordingly. Even if he had shot and killed the guy with the AK, he would not be going to jail.
    I really hope you're not an attorney because I bet you have some pretty upset clients.

    You cannot chase someone down and shoot back at them. You can most certainly be arrested and prosecuted for numerous crimes doing that.

    If someone breaks into your house to rob you, and you shoot at them while they're a threat to your home/safety you're good. If you shoot them in the back while they're running away but still in your house, it's a crime.

    With that said, thank God no one was seriously hurt. While I can't point too much of a finger at him, because I go out all the time and never back by 3 when I do, I can shake my head at yet another incident.

    If this was a first time thing, it would be different, but it's the third in a little over a year. Even though it seems like it wasn't his fault it just casts more bad PR over him and the organization. For every one bad incident you have to have multiple good ones reported to overcome it unfortunately. Dude needs to look at his decision making. Does he have the right to go out to clubs? Yes he most certainly does, but it doesn't mean it's a good decision. Should he stop? No he shouldn't.

    Personally I don't know why he didn't call the police and keep them on the phone while driving to meet a squad car. They would most definately respond to that situation, especially when it's dealing with someone as high profile as him in the city.

    The reoccuring theme is the most troubling part, inregards to Tins.

  8. #158
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,348
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Should there be a punishment?
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  9. #159
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,020

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    - sell his car
    nah, keep it

    - promise never to go out past 1am
    nah, stay out all night

    - promise never to go to clubs
    never go to clubs on 38th street is only a wise suggestion. It's his choice and his life to lose.

    - never be in places that serve alcohol
    drink all you want.

  10. #160
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    AOL's headline says "Shots Fired At NBA Star."

    In light of the Shaun Taylor tragedy, this is getting a lot of national media attention.

  11. #161
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,692

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should there be a punishment?
    I'd looooove to hear what you would possibly punish Tinsley for...There simply isn't anything there.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #162
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,020

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should there be a punishment?
    No. Tinsley did nothing to warrant punishment. That would be like punishing your kid for flunking a test....for the third time.

  13. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that's certainly true. I'm not saying it wasn't stupid (it absolutely was). But there's a difference between a bad/stupid decision and doing something morally/legally wrong.

    If this thread was just a matter of "well that was stupid" then I wouldn't bother to post, because I wouldn't disagree. But the idea that Tinsley did something morally wrong, and that he owes the city an apology in some way, is simply expletive deleted.

    It takes an unbelievable level of some unnamed but not complimentary attribute for posters to come on here and say that Tinsley should:
    - sell his car
    - promise never to go out past 1am
    - promise never to go to clubs
    - never be in places that serve alcohol

    Each one of these things has been said in this thread (not by you, Rim) and each one of them is, as I said earlier, pure expletive deleted.
    Nope - nothing immoral or illegal -though I wouldn't want to be the guys who took off from the hotel after the thugs, guns a-blazin'. Can't imagine IPD will be too happy with that. There've been enough stray bullet deaths in Indy.

    Just dumb. I don't know how to put it any other way.

    Let's see - you go to court in about a month to face charges related to a fight in a bar. It's in your interest to do everything you can to stay out of trouble. So you go back to a bar in the same general area as a bar you were involved in an incident at a year ago? A bar that pretty much anyone within 60 miles of the Indy metro area recognizes isn't in the best part of town?

    Dumb. I can't imagine Larry Bird did anything but bang his head against a wall when he heard this. And no, I don't think the Pacers should suspend/fine or much of anything w/ Tinsley. But they do have to decide whether he should stay on the team. What's it take for Jamal to learn something? Does HE have to be the one getting shot?

    Sorry to keep going on about it but I just can't get past the base stupidity. Yeesh. As we said a year ago, there are places in Indy where celebs can go and never be bothered. W 38th St isn't one of them - no more now than last year.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  14. #164
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to keep going on about it but I just can't get past the base stupidity. Yeesh. As we said a year ago, there are places in Indy where celebs can go and never be bothered. W 38th St isn't one of them - no more now than last year.
    I don't disagree. I probably would have come on here and ripped Tinsley a new one if I hadn't been so shocked at the first few pages of this thread... especially as people were talking about curfews before it was even clear that Tinsley was involved beyond owning the cars.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  15. #165
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Let's see if I have this straight:

    Tinsley was ministering in the wee hours to ner'dowells at a nightclub on West 38th St. He was getting sleepy, and a little full, after drinking several orange juices. Saving souls is tough work and makes a man thirsty.

    So, Tinsley and his elves gather items that had been collected for Toys for Tots that he would selfessly be delivering at the crack of dawn and then headed for their cars (after annointing the room before departure).

    Once outside, a group of evil, awful, terrible, dirty, mean and spiteful men laid in wait for Tinsley and his elves. Tinsley's men said a prayer for these men and then left while Tinsley offered words of encouragement for the men in hopes that they could turn their lives around.

    The men, either misunderstanding or not caring to her Tinsley's sermon, followed Tinsley.

    Mistakenly, Tinsley assumed his sermon had made an impression and that the men were following because they were moved. Tinsley stopped after removing some items from a baggie in his pocket. This was his remaining annointing oil (what... you thought it was something else??).

    Unfortunately, the men were not smitten with Tinsley's words and message of love and someone opened fire. Certainly the shooting started with the evil men and not any of Tinsley or his followers. That is non-debatable.

    After reporting this incident to the proper authorities, Tinsley checked the toys for bullet holes and prepared them to deliver to homeless children a few short hours later, declaring sleep would have to wait.

    -Bball
    Last edited by Bball; 12-09-2007 at 08:34 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. #166
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It takes an unbelievable level of some unnamed but not complimentary attribute for posters to come on here and say that Tinsley should:
    - sell his car

    - promise never to go to clubs


    Each one of these things has been said in this thread (not by you, Rim) and each one of them is, as I said earlier, pure expletive deleted.
    I wish you would reread my posts and try to represent me correctly. (I did the same when you corrected me on the exact quote from JOB.)

    I never said Tinsley was obligated or "should" do those things.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  17. #167
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,749

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Last i checked, there wasn't a law against mere stupidity. Tinsley has no reason to be punished.

    That said, it doesn't change the fact that it was stupidity and he should know better.

    If nothing else, the fact one of his boys could have gotten killed should be punishment enough for him, but you never know.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-09-2007 at 08:47 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #168
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish you would reread my posts and try to represent me correctly. (I did the same when you corrected me on the exact quote from JOB.)

    I never said Tinsley was obligated or "should" do those things.
    I stand corrected. You never said he was "obligated" to do those things.

    I think we may just have different definitions of "should" but I respect your point.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. #169
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,043
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    pacers.com has video of bird, OB, and JO.
    Last edited by Major Cold; 12-09-2007 at 09:16 PM.

  20. #170
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any car people know what he was driving?

    The only video I've seen is this one, so it's tough to tell, but is that a Phantom?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  21. #171
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,692

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any car people know what he was driving?

    The only video I've seen is this one, so it's tough to tell, but is that a Phantom?
    Yes, it is a Phantom.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #172
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,407

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Phantom

  23. #173
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,407

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    If there's any punishment from this (which I don't think there should be), Tinsley should at the most get fined. A suspension would be going way overboard. Especially seeing that it looks like he was trying to use good judgment and get out of the trouble he saw coming.

  24. #174
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,218
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Thousands of people go clubbing in Indy. Hundreds of them are out until 3:30 AM. Some are involved in confrontations...a few may be involved in altercations. A couple escalate to real trouble.

    I wonder how many of them are involved in 3 real trouble events in a 12 month period???????????






    Being fired upon makes you a victim...the person who chased down the attacker vehicle is no longer a victim he has become the aggressor and licensed or not has no right to fire upon the fleeing vehicle. We've buried a lot of bystanders this year....this is one way we create them.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  25. #175
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I stand corrected. You never said he was "obligated" to do those things.

    I think we may just have different definitions of "should" but I respect your point.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Similar Threads

  1. Jamaal Tinsley - All-Star?
    By FlavaDave in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 11:43 AM
  2. Jamaal Tinsley is clutch
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
  3. Dunleavy says that Offense is Better When he is involved
    By andreialta in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
  4. Tinsley thinks he shoots too much.....
    By Gyron in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •