Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 282

Thread: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

  1. #126
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,133

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly right. And the pattern is that Tinsley is learning from past mistakes. What happened at 8 Seconds? Crazy three-fingered scam artist tries to pick a fight with the Pacers, and they fight back. Here, he sees trouble developing and gets the heck out of Dodge. That's absolutely the right thing to do.
    Perhaps he is learning....although I think if Jax had been there things might have turned out worse.

    IMO, Tinsley is not intending to go find trouble. The trouble has to do with WHERE he goes and nothing else....and on that point, he has not learned. He is certainly free to go wherever he wants in whatever ride he wants...at any time of the day, but common sense and reality says this is not wise.

    When you take your Rolls to the clubs on West 38th street at 3am you are lucky not to get jacked or shot...particularly when you have a have a group of people with you that get mouthy. Not saying that happened. That's just how it usually works. There are some people that go to bars to pick fights. Tins and his entourage will always be a target under those circumstances. That does not, however, relieve him from making the right choices.

  2. #127
    Member BruceLeeroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean, the person who felt it appropriate to carry a loaded assault rifle in their car? Yeah, I really think THEY'RE going to come forward and give their side of the events. "Well, we didn't have any drive-bys on the schedule so we decided to see if we could jack a couple nice cars, then these guys drove too fast and it made us angry so we shot at them."

    Look, if you're carrying an AK-47 around town, you're not some normal Joe who had one to many and went to get your piece from your truck. You're talking about somebody who wants to kill people (packing a Glock can be self-protection, but packing an AK means something different).

    Tinsley's lucky... we could have gotten up this morning and the papers could have said "Pacers Star Point Guard Shot and Killed in Attempted Car-Jacking."
    I hadn't seen where they said it was an attemted car jacking, but my point is this is their version of the story. He just seems to find himself in these situations more often than most. I'm glad he's ok though.

  3. #128
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly right. And the pattern is that Tinsley is learning from past mistakes. What happened at 8 Seconds? Crazy three-fingered scam artist tries to pick a fight with the Pacers, and they fight back. Here, he sees trouble developing and gets the heck out of Dodge. That's absolutely the right thing to do.
    I give you that. Tins's behavior is improving. I truly commend him for getting away from the situation as soon as possible.

    Nevertheless, he could have avoided the situation entirely by not going clubbing late at night and driving a Rolls Royce to make himself potentially more of a target.

    How come Danny and Dun and Foster never seem to have these incidents? Probably related to the fact that they rarely or never go clubbing late at night. Just a hunch.

    All of you who are saying Tins did nothing wrong, you are not in agreement with coach Jim O'Brien. That doesn't mean you're not right. But it does mean that those of us who believe Jamaal shares some responsibility for this latest incident aren't lone idiotic posters.

    Here's what would make my year, and possibility endear Indy to Jamaal for a long time: JT holds a press conference and says the following:

    "I did my very best to avoid confrontation during this last incident and am thankful for avoiding injury. I appreciate my brothers looking out for me, but it may have been best for them not to retaliate."

    "I apologize to Indiana for yet another incident that could have been avoided if I had not placed myself in a potentially dangerous situation. While I believe I have the right to attend clubs and enjoy a nightlife like most human beings, for the good of the team this year, I have decided to not attend a night club for the rest of the year. Maybe next season, maybe not."

    "I am also going to sell my Rolls Royce. Again, I have every right to drive it, but in order to eliminate any possible cause of incidents that embarrass the franchise, I'll avoid the appearance of flaunting my possessions to certain people who react irresponsibly to others success."

    "I have my rights, but it's more important this year to focus on winning. We are making a great start, and I am committed to playing great basketball, avoiding distractions, making personal sacrifices, and working toward a deep run into the playoffs, even a championship."
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  4. #129
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,133

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Like what you say McKey fan, but no need to sell the Rolls. Just use better judgement. Drive the Rolls to Keystone or something. Maybe even Castleton. This should not be difficult. I presume he could afford a pickup to drive to the hood.

  5. #130
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How come Danny and Dun and Foster never seem to have these incidents? Probably related to the fact that they rarely or never go clubbing late at night.
    Do you know that?

    All of you who are saying Tins did nothing wrong, you are not in agreement with coach Jim O'Brien.
    Simply not true. Obie said "These guys have every right to go to a nightclub. I have a right, everybody here can be out till 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning." So for everybody in the thread (not you, specifically, SatanFan) who said they should be home is exactly wrong, and it's Jim O'Brien the disciplinarian who's telling you so.

    The idea that Jamaal should apologize is preposterous, and completely outside of what Obie is saying.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #131
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Yeah...he should sell his car. That's reasonable.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  7. #132
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like what you say McKey fan, but no need to sell the Rolls. Just use better judgement. Drive the Rolls to Keystone or something. Maybe even Castleton. This should not be difficult. I presume he could afford a pickup to drive to the hood.
    When you consider it has a bunch of bullet holes in it, it's probably a great PR move.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  8. #133
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    It doesn't matter who, or how many people, agree with the idea that it's Jamaal's fault for being there, it's still an idiotic concept. It is not illegal to be at a club. It is not illegal to drive a Rolls Royce. It is not even illegal to shoot and kill someone who's shooting at you.

    I tell you what, figure out what crime Jamaal has commit and get back to me. Until then, this is a case that exactly mirrors the rape analogy, and I think everyone can agree you don't blame the rape victim.

  9. #134
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    So let me get this straight because certain people carry assault rifles and target athletes Tinsley should have to sell his Rolls-Royce and stop going to clubs? We still live in America right?
    Jamaal Tinsley has every right to drive whatever kind of car he wants, wherever he wants, whenever he wants. The people who were carrying a loaded assault rifle can't say the same thing about their weapon.
    I drive a nice car for someone my age, I don't go looking for trouble, but I have had some issues with people in the past. Thank God nothing like this, but to say that Tinsley is the one who should have to change his lifestyle because some people are not living in reality is ridiculous IMO.
    Its horrifying to me that some are basically saying that the people driving the nice cars should have to sell their cars instead of saying that the city of Indianapolis needs to crack down an area of town that has gotten progressively worse over the past ten years. This should be more of a wake up call to the city than it should be for Jamaal Tinsley.
    It was a Saturday night, he didn't have a game the next day and he was out til 3 AM (which believe it or not isn't that late). He was fully within his rights, his assailants were not. And as far as I'm concerned that is the bottom line to this story.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #135

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I am also going to sell my Rolls Royce. Again, I have every right to drive it, but in order to eliminate any possible cause of incidents that embarrass the franchise, I'll avoid the appearance of flaunting my possessions to certain people who react irresponsibly to others success."
    I saw Payton's Hummer at a Pacer game. He pissed me off.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  11. #136
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah...he should sell his car. That's reasonable.
    I'm not saying it's reasonable.

    I'm saying I would like to see Jamaal do it to show the community he wants to go over and above--beyond the call of duty--to show he cares more about the team than his own personal stuff. Kinda like playing team ball instead of going one-one-one with the opposing point guard du jour (which he's getting better at).

    I'm saying it would be nice to see something done to show a little remorse for the "pattern" of behavior over time. You know, a lot of grown ups take responsibility for behavior that is not necessarily their fault. They just become bigger than all the crud and blame and make sacrifices to raise all boats.

    I'm not saying it's reasonable. I'm saying it's something I'd like to see.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  12. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps he is learning
    LOL - sure he is.

    He's learning so well that he'll go to a club about a mile or so from where a year earlier some thugs went after Stephen Jackson - WHILE TINSLEY WAS THERE.

    And apparently he thought that going to a club in the same section of town late at night would result in something good happening.

    The definition of inasanity, according to Einstein, is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results.

    Anyway, if going back to a club in the same section of town where you were involved in an incident involving gunfire a little over a year earlier is learning, then I'd say Jamal Tinsley's learning curve is flat.

    Absolutely stupid decision. And I'll be interested to know what Tinsley (or one of his company) did to inspire some folks to chase him and his entourage about 5 miles through Indianapolis and finally take some shots. That's quite an effort even for some thugs - I can't imagine they did that if Tinsley and his group ignored them while leaving.

    Maybe Tinsley & co had nothing to do with escalating the situation but based on past history and the last part of this incident, I have to say that I doubt it.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  13. #138
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you know that?
    "Just a hunch" is what I said in the post.

    No, I don't know it. But I have a hunch I'm right.

    Regarding Obie, you're right, he didn't say Jamaal was wrong. He said, "It was not a good decision. I’m sure he knows that and I’m sure there will be a lifestyle change for him . … .”

    I stand corrected. It's close to "wrong" but not quite. I guess he's saying Jamaal showed bad judgement and will need to change his judgment and actions accordingly ("lifestyle change").
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  14. #139
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,133

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tell you what, figure out what crime Jamaal has commit and get back to me. Until then, this is a case that exactly mirrors the rape analogy, and I think everyone can agree you don't blame the rape victim.
    If the rape victim walked through a dangerous area of town wearing a g-string at 3am around a gang of drunks....is that really the right decision....hmmmm.

    That's basically what JT has done....maybe not quite that bad....but since you like analogies....

  15. #140
    Member Reckoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Wow, shocking news. Thank whoever there is to thank that no one died.

    Very impressed by the audio of Jermaine on the official site. Intelligent guy.

  16. #141
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,133

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL - sure he is.
    I'm with you. Just trying trying my best to be objective and see whatever it is some of the other posters see. It's not rocket science, but I could be wrong...

  17. #142
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the rape victim walked through a dangerous area of town wearing a g-string at 3am around a gang of drunks....is that really the right decision....hmmmm.

    That's basically what JT has done....maybe not quite that bad....but since you like analogies....
    Going to bar and walking around in a g-string are only similar if your name is avoidingtheclowns.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  18. #143
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,133

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Thanks to JT, we have something to fill the gap. Tuesday's a long time to wait...

  19. #144
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    This thread makes me shake my head.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. #145
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Wow. . I'm speechless, been out of town all weekend. I'm glad Tins is okay!!! Stay focused homey, don't let them haters get you down
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

  21. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Wearing only a g-string would probably get you hit with indecent exposure, that would be breaking the law.

    The analogy is that she wore a mini skirt to a club. You really are ridiculous.

  22. #147
    Priviledged Member SamBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    OMG I just heard about this...

    So sorry to hear this...
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

    1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19


    4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

  23. #148
    Member Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, shocking news. Thank whoever there is to thank that no one died.

    Very impressed by the audio of Jermaine on the official site. Intelligent guy.
    great interview, i love how j.o. pointed out the fact that the media wasn't all over the positive with the kids charity.

  24. #149
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,133

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wearing only a g-string would probably get you hit with indecent exposure, that would be breaking the law.

    The analogy is that she wore a mini skirt to a club. You really are ridiculous.
    Nah, Rolls is definitely a g-string here. An escalade would be the mini skirt.

    In any event, if she already got raped twice wearing that mini-skirt, she's a fool to come back. The world is sooo unfair!


  25. #150
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely stupid decision.
    Well that's certainly true. I'm not saying it wasn't stupid (it absolutely was). But there's a difference between a bad/stupid decision and doing something morally/legally wrong.

    If this thread was just a matter of "well that was stupid" then I wouldn't bother to post, because I wouldn't disagree. But the idea that Tinsley did something morally wrong, and that he owes the city an apology in some way, is simply expletive deleted.

    It takes an unbelievable level of some unnamed but not complimentary attribute for posters to come on here and say that Tinsley should:
    - sell his car
    - promise never to go out past 1am
    - promise never to go to clubs
    - never be in places that serve alcohol

    Each one of these things has been said in this thread (not by you, Rim) and each one of them is, as I said earlier, pure expletive deleted.
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-09-2007 at 07:05 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Similar Threads

  1. Jamaal Tinsley - All-Star?
    By FlavaDave in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 11:43 AM
  2. Jamaal Tinsley is clutch
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
  3. Dunleavy says that Offense is Better When he is involved
    By andreialta in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
  4. Tinsley thinks he shoots too much.....
    By Gyron in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •