Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 282

Thread: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

  1. #101

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting


  2. #102

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Yeah and if you look here, there are plenty-o-ignorant comment:
    http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3147811

  3. #103

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    ESPN actually covered it with taste. I'm glad they stated that pro-athletes have become targets. Because after reading this entire thread thats what I was thinking about. Athletes and the amount of money they make are what is causing this. Someone mentioned jealousy thats a big part of it. These guys on the Pacers,Colts and any pro franchise are going to have to realize that they are going to be in confrontations because some are looking for an easy lawsuit. As long as CNN,ESPN and others plaster the criminals faces on TV others will follow looking for their 15 minutes of fame. IMHO... Tins did nothing wrong.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  4. #104
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,789

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    As long as Tinsley did not shoot or fight with anyone....then I don't see him doing anything wrong here. This could have happened to any pro athelete out there.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #105
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,396

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN actually covered it with taste. I'm glad they stated that pro-athletes have become targets. Because after reading this entire thread thats what I was thinking about. Athletes and the amount of money they make are what is causing this. Someone mentioned jealousy thats a big part of it. These guys on the Pacers,Colts and any pro franchise are going to have to realize that they are going to be in confrontations because some are looking for an easy lawsuit. As long as CNN,ESPN and others plaster the criminals faces on TV others will follow looking for their 15 minutes of fame. IMHO... Tins did nothing wrong.
    Poor Jamaal. Three incidents in one year. Must have broke a mirror or something.

    Reggie Wayne, Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Danny Granger, Mike Dunleavy, etc.......all of them just must be lucky. LOL!

    What a pile of

  6. #106
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    When Paul Pierce got knifed outside a club, almost nobody walked around saying that it was fault for going to the club. They said "Wow, sucks to be Pierce, dude got knifed and could die." When he came back, it was a major success story. Tinsley got shot at with an assault rifle, and all anybody's talking about is the etymology of the word "thug" and the best places to get dinner on 38th Street.

    I'm a family man, not a partier at all, and it's not hard for me to be out until midnight even if I have to be at work at 8 the next day. If I could sleep in until 11, had the day off anyway, and my three brothers were in town, I wouldn't feel bad at all about being out after midnight.

    NBA players work nights. It's what they do. You think they play ball until 9:30 and are in bed by 10? Forget it. It's just like working swing shift... when I worked swing, I never went to bed before 2 or 3. This doesn't mean they're lazy or delinquent or anything else... it means they have a different work schedule than you do.

    ======

    Tinsley did exactly the right thing here. He saw trouble developing, he left without talking to anyone, got in his car, and drove home. The fact that some crazy followed him with an AK-47 should tell you more about the dude packing the AK than Tinsley.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #107
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Paul Pierce got knifed outside a club, almost nobody walked around saying that it was fault for going to the club. They said "Wow, sucks to be Pierce, dude got knifed and could die." When he came back, it was a major success story. Tinsley got shot at with an assault rifle, and all anybody's talking about is the etymology of the word "thug" and the best places to get dinner on 38th Street.

    I'm a family man, not a partier at all, and it's not hard for me to be out until midnight even if I have to be at work at 8 the next day. If I could sleep in until 11, had the day off anyway, and my three brothers were in town, I wouldn't feel bad at all about being out after midnight.

    NBA players work nights. It's what they do. You think they play ball until 9:30 and are in bed by 10? Forget it. It's just like working swing shift... when I worked swing, I never went to bed before 2 or 3. This doesn't mean they're lazy or delinquent or anything else... it means they have a different work schedule than you do.

    ======

    Tinsley did exactly the right thing here. He saw trouble developing, he left without talking to anyone, got in his car, and drove home. The fact that some crazy followed him with an AK-47 should tell you more about the dude packing the AK than Tinsley.
    I'm with Anthem...



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  8. #108

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Paul Pierce got knifed outside a club, almost nobody walked around saying that it was fault for going to the club. They said "Wow, sucks to be Pierce, dude got knifed and could die." When he came back, it was a major success story. Tinsley got shot at with an assault rifle, and all anybody's talking about is the etymology of the word "thug" and the best places to get dinner on 38th Street.

    I'm a family man, not a partier at all, and it's not hard for me to be out until midnight even if I have to be at work at 8 the next day. If I could sleep in until 11, had the day off anyway, and my three brothers were in town, I wouldn't feel bad at all about being out after midnight.

    NBA players work nights. It's what they do. You think they play ball until 9:30 and are in bed by 10? Forget it. It's just like working swing shift... when I worked swing, I never went to bed before 2 or 3. This doesn't mean they're lazy or delinquent or anything else... it means they have a different work schedule than you do.

    ======

    Tinsley did exactly the right thing here. He saw trouble developing, he left without talking to anyone, got in his car, and drove home. The fact that some crazy followed him with an AK-47 should tell you more about the dude packing the AK than Tinsley.


    Amen.

  9. #109
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by indyman37 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Emotions mixed after latest Tinsley incident
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/tinsl...nt_071209.html


    By Conrad Brunner | Dec. 9, 2007
    Relief. Frustration.
    “Jamaal put himself in a situation that was very, very dangerous,” said Coach Jim O’Brien. “These guys have every right to go to a nightclub. I have a right, everybody here can be out till 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning. As a professional athlete, where we’re in an environment nationally that has seen professional athletes targeted, it was not a good decision and that’s basically it. It was not a good decision. I’m sure he knows that and I’m sure there will be a lifestyle change for him . … .”
    Well I'll be d@mned.

    Somebody in the Pacers organization has some guts. About time.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  10. #110
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,778

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    I've never understood why these guys with all this money don't just party at home...eliminate the variable of jealous nut jobs.

  11. #111
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,396

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Paul Pierce got knifed outside a club, almost nobody walked around saying that it was fault for going to the club. They said "Wow, sucks to be Pierce, dude got knifed and could die." When he came back, it was a major success story. Tinsley got shot at with an assault rifle, and all anybody's talking about is the etymology of the word "thug" and the best places to get dinner on 38th Street.

    I'm a family man, not a partier at all, and it's not hard for me to be out until midnight even if I have to be at work at 8 the next day. If I could sleep in until 11, had the day off anyway, and my three brothers were in town, I wouldn't feel bad at all about being out after midnight.

    NBA players work nights. It's what they do. You think they play ball until 9:30 and are in bed by 10? Forget it. It's just like working swing shift... when I worked swing, I never went to bed before 2 or 3. This doesn't mean they're lazy or delinquent or anything else... it means they have a different work schedule than you do.

    ======

    Tinsley did exactly the right thing here. He saw trouble developing, he left without talking to anyone, got in his car, and drove home. The fact that some crazy followed him with an AK-47 should tell you more about the dude packing the AK than Tinsley.
    I would buy what you have to say if there was not a pattern here. This is not just one incident.

    Like it or not, Tinsley needs to stop doing whatever he's doing because it's getting unhealthy real quick. He could be dead right now. What if the Pacer trainer had been killed?

    It's getting worse in Pacer land because someone is in the hospital with bullet wounds. Next time could be the morgue.

    If other local celebs had the same issues, it would be different. But they don't. They are making the right decisions somehow....and there is such a thing. There is a level of responsibility they have to live up to, or the inevitable will happen whether it seems fair or not.

    EDIT: BTW, I agree with what JOb had to say. There needs to be change, and no more passing the buck.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-09-2007 at 04:30 PM.

  12. #112
    Member mb221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OC, MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor Jamaal. Three incidents in one year. Must have broke a mirror or something.

    Reggie Wayne, Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Danny Granger, Mike Dunleavy, etc.......all of them just must be lucky. LOL!

    What a pile of
    I think everyone gets it buddy. How many times do you have to post the same thing in one thread?

    Anyways, how about in Honolulu when Marvin Harrison was alleged to have choked a kid that asked him for an autograph?

  13. #113
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    1) I love this team.

    2) Anthem's right.

    3) How does a person get shot in both elbows?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  14. #114
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,396

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think everyone gets it buddy. How many times do you have to post the same thing in one thread?

    Anyways, how about in Honolulu when Marvin Harrison was alleged to have choked a kid that asked him for an autograph?
    Ok, buddy. Whatever you say.

    btw, the kid probably deserved it.

  15. #115
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,955

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3) How does a person get shot in both elbows?
    And get released from the hospital the same day? Shot in the elbows sounds... painful?

  16. #116

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Tins did nothing wrong. I hope, however, he realizes that he is putting himself in dangerous situations and makes changes.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  17. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    You people are so hilariously ridiculous. A man gets shot at while trying to avoid a situation by driving to a public place, and it's HIS fault?

    My god, I'm so thankful I don't live in Indiana with you fools. I suppose when a girl gets raped it's her fault for looking hot at the club too, right? She should know not to go into the club with a mini skirt on. Dumb girl, bet she learned her lesson this time, got raped good.

    Honestly, how do some of you even remember to breathe, the stupidity is astounding.
    Last edited by Dece; 12-09-2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo, now=not

  18. #118
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3) How does a person get shot in both elbows?
    I thought of Wonder Woman and her bulletproof bracelets she wore.

    Seriously, if he had his arms up protecting his head, I can see it happen. Considering he was already treated and released, I don't think the injuries were serious, thankfully.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  19. #119
    Member BruceLeeroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    I'm with BlueNGold. Remember this is obviously Tinsley and his friends version of the story because they've yet to find the shooters. Who knows what happened at the club before they were followed and shot at. Maybe it was nothing, but with Tinsleys history I doubt it.

    Dude's playing great though so I can handle it.

  20. #120
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would buy what you have to say if there was not a pattern here. This is not just one incident.
    Exactly right. And the pattern is that Tinsley is learning from past mistakes. What happened at 8 Seconds? Crazy three-fingered scam artist tries to pick a fight with the Pacers, and they fight back. Here, he sees trouble developing and gets the heck out of Dodge. That's absolutely the right thing to do.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. #121
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,396

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceLeeroy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with BlueNGold. Remember this is obviously Tinsley and his friends version of the story because they've yet to find the shooters. Who knows what happened at the club before they were followed and shot at. Maybe it was nothing, but with Tinsleys history I doubt it.

    Dude's playing great though so I can handle it.
    Yes, Tins is playing great and we need him healthy. One more night out on West 38th street and you may see a casket one week and Travis Diener playing PG the next. Neither are things anyone wants to see.

  22. #122
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never understood why these guys with all this money don't just party at home...eliminate the variable of jealous nut jobs.
    I would imagine that partying at home gets pretty old after awhile. I'm not rich, but I have plenty of entertainment equipment/electronics to throw one hell of a party (I have been known to host events from time to time), but sometimes you just want to go out and be able to be in public like everybody else.

    There is nothing wrong with him wanting to go out and be in public, able to enjoy a night out on the town with friends and/or family. I would agree that maybe he should consider different places to go and hang out, but he may not feel comfortable at some of the more upscale places. Just because one has money, it doesn't make them a socialite. Given the fact that a lot of gold diggers and hangers-on probably frequent the upscale places trolling for celebrities or wealthy people to cob onto, maybe he wanted to hang out outside the public eye and fly under the radar. The only problem with that is that when you are rich, it is obvious to people who aren't tend to get jealous and realize that you have so much to lose.

    Tinsley (and others) is/are the victims here, and aside from the brother that returned fire, I'm fine with all of them getting nothing and I'm thankful nobody got hurt any worse than they did. The fool that was shooting back should face the same charges that Jackson faced after he decided to play Clive Owen in downtown Indy...Just because you are licensed to CARRY a firearm doesn't mean you are licensed to DISCHARGE said firearm. I could see a case of self defense when your life is in imminent danger where you wouldn't get charged with anything for firing your weapon. Maybe that will be the case here, maybe not.

    I'm usually the first to condemn this type of behavior, but I see no reason this time why Tinsley deserves any punishment at all.



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  23. #123
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceLeeroy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with BlueNGold. Remember this is obviously Tinsley and his friends version of the story because they've yet to find the shooters. Who knows what happened at the club before they were followed and shot at.
    You mean, the person who felt it appropriate to carry a loaded assault rifle in their car? Yeah, I really think THEY'RE going to come forward and give their side of the events. "Well, we didn't have any drive-bys on the schedule so we decided to see if we could jack a couple nice cars, then these guys drove too fast and it made us angry so we shot at them."

    Look, if you're carrying an AK-47 around town, you're not some normal Joe who had one to many and went to get your piece from your truck. You're talking about somebody who wants to kill people (packing a Glock can be self-protection, but packing an AK means something different).

    Tinsley's lucky... we could have gotten up this morning and the papers could have said "Pacers Star Point Guard Shot and Killed in Attempted Car-Jacking."
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-09-2007 at 05:09 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  24. #124
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm usually the first to condemn this type of behavior, but I see no reason this time why Tinsley deserves any punishment at all.
    Exactly.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

    Shooting back is not a crime. His life was being placed in danger, and he was responding accordingly. Even if he had shot and killed the guy with the AK, he would not be going to jail.

Similar Threads

  1. Jamaal Tinsley - All-Star?
    By FlavaDave in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 11:43 AM
  2. Jamaal Tinsley is clutch
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
  3. Dunleavy says that Offense is Better When he is involved
    By andreialta in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
  4. Tinsley thinks he shoots too much.....
    By Gyron in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •