Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

Banned

Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

Well I no more said that the Tinman was winning me over one game at a time and now this situation. I wore myself out on Jackson and his many off court transgressions and I have nothing left for Tins misdeeds. Play ball!

LOL you won't have to use it often i rarely post on here
    funny the 1st time i actually argue i get ignored
    sensitive?
    but yea, i'm black and i kno the term "thug" is usually used w/ young black males or black males in general
    argue all you want but i kno what i'm talking about

go pacers, i'm out

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, usually when the word "thug" is thrown around like it is in the modern context of the word... there are usually racial overtones that are implied. The same with throwing the word "Ghetto" around. Look, west 38th street is not the upper north side, but it is far from a "ghetto". I get really irritated with how loose that word is tossed around when it comes to neighborhoods that are lower income areas. Look, the area where Shawn Williams had his run-in with the law is pretty close to "ghetto", but an area where there is a large shopping mall, a Best Buy, and a Red Lobster hardly qualifies as Ghetto.

Look, just because a pro athlete comes into money doesn't change what he believes and most of the thoughts of "staying in suburbia" just because you have money isn't going to wash. It's just going to sound ignorant and insensitive.
    Very well said.

You cant lead a horse to water.....

Im sure that 99.9% of the stuff that happens with the athletes and the shootings that come from clubs is this;

You have a guy (either a working-class guy,or a drug dealer) who works hard at what they do,and they have there little bit of money and they decide to go to the club,Well for the time they have all the girls/attention on them,and they are drinking lots of expensive liquor.When all of a sudden in walks (insert whatever athletes name you want).And all of the attention switches to that athlete.

We all know there is ALOT of jelousy in the world,and you mix in booze with jelousy and add a dash of women to the equation,that equals a bad result for anyone involved.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

2 things.....

1.Despite the classic definition of the word "Thug", when used in today's society it conjurs up images of a young black man.

2.Jamaal Tinsley wasn't present according to the article.

I'm not accusing anyone of being racist.

Here's the Bar & Grill Jamaal's friends were at....Cloud 9

They offer a Sunday Gospel Breakfast. It looks like a pretty decent place actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    I'm not accusing anyone of being racist.

Here's the Bar & Grill Jamaal's friends were at....Cloud 9

They offer a Sunday Gospel Breakfast. It looks like a pretty decent place actually.
    That place looks pretty nice. Non-smoking, no jeans allowed, business attire. Seems like a nice place.

I'm not upset at Tinsley for this incident, I am simply not, There is no crime about being out at 3:30 AM, there is no game until Tuesday - who knows the pacers might not even have a practice today.

I'm just thinking about the past year and the number of times I've been out past 2:00 AM and at no time did I think, well if something bad happens to me it is my own fault for being out this late - nor did I think being out that late should reflect poorly on my character or anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Hey, not to interrupt this fascinating discussion of socioeconomic racial politics, but Mile's question is a good one. The article seems to contradict itself... was Tinsley present, or were his brothers just borrowing his car?
    Thank you. Everybody wants to jump the gun so quickly that they're ignoring the major contradiction in that article that has now been said TWICE.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For all the things we may want to say about this event the ONLY thing that matters is that Tinley is OK. We could have been awoken to a much more devastating story and been having a pretty somber discussion about our favorite Tinsley memories. Thank God we're not.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    In this situation is seems to me that Jamaal did nothing wrong. He was leaving a place, some guys who were probably drunk decided to cause some problems, Tinsley did the correct thing and left, they were followed and Tinsley did the correct thing going to a public place instead of going home - although going to the police station would have been better, or calling the police.

I do find it interesting that Joe Quato - the equipment manager was with him.

Of course you could say the obvious, why was Tinsley out so late and in a bad part of town - bad judgment perhaps, but nothing criminal there.

The real problem is public perception - that the Pacers are a bunch of thugs involved in another shooting incident. - That is all most people will know about this and that is all they really care about. Nothing like an incident that confirms public perception.
    Thats the first thing that I found odd as well. Joey doesn't seem to fit in with Tinsley's "entourage". Its also unfortunate that he was the one who got hurt. Maybe he was "babysitting" to an extent.

I still find it discouraging that he is out at 3:40am (no matter where it is), with his "entourage". That just screams "look at us", we are together, don't mess with us. That just makes them a larger target. There is absolutely nothing good that happens at 2-3-4 in the morning. Ever.

UB, your right, nothing criminal here, but its the basic fact that he is out at that time of night / morning.

I still don't understand why they cant just stay home and bring the "party" to them. Its not like Tins doesn't have the money. I know they are human, just like the rest of us, but for God's sakes, they have to know they will be targeted. Thats just the penalty you pay to be in the public image and basically the face of the Pacer franchise. You have to say to yourself "maybe this is a bad idea".

I just wonder if Tins will be suspended for being out that late. After all, LB and Obie have stated that they have a zero tolerance policy.

And to think Tins was becoming the go-to guy. Now this will hang over him, and add more his montra.
    Last edited by BoomBaby33; 12-09-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Sports Logo

Geez louise....I wake up to check PD and this is what I find?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

reminds me of Tpain..."I can't stay out this cluuuuuuuuub" lol...

but for real you can't blame tinsley for this. And you can't blow this out of proportion...but of course a lot of fans on here love to hate tinsley...
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    I imagine it was not the greatest decision to be where Tinsley was at the time. But, these men are grown adults and I'm not about to tell them what they can and cannot do.

My biggest concern was whether he was okay...and I'm glad he is.
    I agree I'm glad he is okay.Which is the most important thing.

In todays world employers do have the right to tell you what you can or cannot do. I'm a cop , my job tells me who I can or cannot hang out with, where I can or cannot hang out, how much i can drink, where I can work a second job and ect.I could go on and on.You know what if I screw up I make the front page of every local newspaper, and I lose my job and my pension.There nothing I can complain about because I signed up for it.Now people will say well cops are held to a higher standard and I agree with that but anybody reguardless of where you work that makes your employer look bad your probably going to get fired, thats the way it works.

Tinsely in the same situation, he's in the public eye, he's an important piece to this team, if he screws up he can seriously damage his employers reputation and if he does it enough times he could see himself without a job.This is an organization that has had way to many outside incidents and thats a problem considering this organization is having problems bringing fans to the game.I have no doubt in my mind alot of it is due to the off the court issues.

Tinsley has to understand everywhere he goes, everthing he says,everything he does will be scrutinized.That comes with the job. He's not just representing himself but the Pacers as well.He needs to understand that and I don't think he truly gets it.He needs to choose his friends wisely and by that I mean stay away from trouble makers and known criminals stay away from night clubs that have a history of problems(not saying cloud 9 has a rep because I have no idea) It stinks but he's going to have to sacrifice a little bit, he's going to have to decide what is more important to him. If he doesn't want to make any sacrifices he can always be his own boss and open his own business. No one is forcing a gun to his head to stay in the NBA.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan032589 View Post
    Key words: West 38th St.

Stay out of the ghetto and ghetto things won't happen!!!!!! Jeez, Does this dude have a brain???

I know when I hit the clubs on W. 38th, I alway try to stay low-key by driving my Rolls. Be rich and drive the Rolls or be ghetto and go to clubs on 38th St. but don't try and make both worlds coexist. It won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan032589 View Post
    He sure didn't do anything to prevent it by driving a $350K car in the hood.
    Do you have a brain?

The man can drive what ever kind a car he wants and go anywhere he damn well pleases.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

The man can drive what ever kind a car he wants and go anywhere he damn well pleases.
    Yes he can. And the same thing is likely to happen again, and again and again.....

Sorry if the truth gets in the way here...

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    Thank you. Everybody wants to jump the gun so quickly that they're ignoring the major contradiction in that article that has now been said TWICE.
    I just can't figure it out... the first article seems to say both things. I guess "involving Jamaal Tinsley and his three brothers" could just mean that the brothers were there, and they were in Jamaal's car.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I just can't figure it out... the first article seems to say both things. I guess "involving Jamaal Tinsley and his three brothers" could just mean that the brothers were there, and they were in Jamaal's car.

What I got from the articles that I have read (and I could be wrong), is that Tinsley was there at the club and was in one of the three cars who were being followed. But he was not present when a member of his party fired shots back. I read in one of the articles that two of the three cars with Tins, took off in pursuit of the guys following them, while the third (presumably with Tins inside it) stayed at the hotel where they pulled into. It was during the chase that the shots from his brother were fired.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminooo View Post
    8 seconds saloon
    Cloud 9

The only logical explanation is that Tinsley is huge numbers fan and is planning his next "incident" at club TEN (yes, the lesbian bar at 12th & Penn).

One would also expect that after that there will only be one more occurrence after TEN since the Tin-man sports the number 11 on the court.

Does Jamaal have plans to open his own club 11 thus sealing the fate of this numbers game?

Stay tuned!
    I made a movie trailer about my numbers theory.. warning there is some adult language!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8sTLPA9Jk

Yeah, the article is confusing but Tinsley was present.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyRo76 View Post
    What I got from the articles that I have read (and I could be wrong), is that Tinsley was there at the club and was in one of the three cars who were being followed. But he was not present when a member of his party fired shots back. I read in one of the articles that two of the three cars with Tins, took off in pursuit of the guys following them, while the third (presumably with Tins inside it) stayed at the hotel where they pulled into. It was during the chase that the shots from his brother were fired.
    That's consistent with my interpretation of the articles I have read.

You never do know for sure whether something written is ever true. By golly, maybe it was Granger and his brothers involved in this incident. lol.

None of this has changed my view of Tinsley. Just get him back on the court right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    That place looks pretty nice. Non-smoking, no jeans allowed, business attire. Seems like a nice place.

I'm not upset at Tinsley for this incident, I am simply not, There is no crime about being out at 3:30 AM, there is no game until Tuesday - who knows the pacers might not even have a practice today.

I'm just thinking about the past year and the number of times I've been out past 2:00 AM and at no time did I think, well if something bad happens to me it is my own fault for being out this late - nor did I think being out that late should reflect poorly on my character or anything like that

Well said Unclebuck! I still love to go out and see bands play at clubs all around San Diego where I live now and I'm 41 years old with kids. Most bands don't start playing til 10pm and typically play til 2am. Can't blame him for going out with friends! Smart of him to head to a public place hoping the idiots following him would pass on their attack.

Shade mentioned something about not addressing how bad west 38th had gotten and I have to agree. I grew up just north of Indy and used to hang out at the Lafayette Square mall...hell, rode my moped there when I was 15, see movies at night, dinner etc. That was a great area of town!!! Just a shame to see what it has turned into.

Glad Tinsley is ok.

Water

Quote Originally Posted by mike_D View Post
    I agree I'm glad he is okay.Which is the most important thing.

In todays world employers do have the right to tell you what you can or cannot do. I'm a cop , my job tells me who I can or cannot hang out with, where I can or cannot hang out, how much i can drink, where I can work a second job and ect.I could go on and on.You know what if I screw up I make the front page of every local newspaper, and I lose my job and my pension.There nothing I can complain about because I signed up for it.Now people will say well cops are held to a higher standard and I agree with that but anybody reguardless of where you work that makes your employer look bad your probably going to get fired, thats the way it works.

Tinsely in the same situation, he's in the public eye, he's an important piece to this team, if he screws up he can seriously damage his employers reputation and if he does it enough times he could see himself without a job.This is an organization that has had way to many outside incidents and thats a problem considering this organization is having problems bringing fans to the game.I have no doubt in my mind alot of it is due to the off the court issues.

Tinsley has to understand everywhere he goes, everthing he says,everything he does will be scrutinized.That comes with the job. He's not just representing himself but the Pacers as well.He needs to understand that and I don't think he truly gets it.He needs to choose his friends wisely and by that I mean stay away from trouble makers and known criminals stay away from night clubs that have a history of problems(not saying cloud 9 has a rep because I have no idea) It stinks but he's going to have to sacrifice a little bit, he's going to have to decide what is more important to him. If he doesn't want to make any sacrifices he can always be his own boss and open his own business. No one is forcing a gun to his head to stay in the NBA.

All this only applies if his employer is actually willing to terminate him. Perhaps some truly ugly incident could result in that, but not this one unless something comes out other than what we know. It appears confusing as to when or if he was present. In any case, based on what we know so far, it does not appear he was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    Well I no more said that the Tinman was winning me over one game at a time and now this situation. I wore myself out on Jackson and his many off court transgressions and I have nothing left for Tins misdeeds. Play ball!
    Amen brother. There's nothing left. No more complaints from me. Just keep on shooting...lol.

Just don't wanna see any serious crimes like murder or rape.

Maybe indianapolis needs to clean up there city. Its quite the hood your building down there in central indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    Obviously they're more selective about where they go at night.

Tinsley needed to exercise better judgment about where he went last night. Other than that, I don't think there's anything else to blame him for. Unlike previous incidents, it sounds like he didn't start it and he tried to avoid it.

This doesn't bother me as much as Club Rio or 8 Second Saloon. Although he really needs to figure out that there are certain places he shouldn't be late at night. Who knows, maybe after being shot at and having someone get hit, maybe that will finally hit home.

Emotions mixed after latest Tinsley incident
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/tinsl...nt_071209.html

By Conrad Brunner | Dec. 9, 2007
    Relief. Frustration. Confusion. Uncertainty.

The Pacers were dealing with a jumble of emotions Sunday in the aftermath of another early-morning incident involving point guard Jamaal Tinsley, whose party was fired upon by an assailant armed with an assault rifle in front of the Conrad Hotel Sunday morning. Pacers equipment manager Joe Qatato was wounded in both elbows and remains hospitalized.
    “Upset,” said team President Larry Bird when asked his first response to the news. “I really didn’t know what to think about it. I was just hoping everybody was alright. You feel bad any time your players are in some situations, you feel bad for everything that happened. I don’t know enough about everything that went on to talk a lot in detail but I just feel bad for the organization. I’m very passionate about this organization, always have been, and we’ve had some things that’s happened here that have really bothered me and bothered our fans and really the whole state. We’ll get through this but it’s tough right now.”

According to police, the incident began at “Cloud 9,” a club on West 38th Street in Indianapolis, where Tinsley’s group was being chided about their expensive cars – including a Rolls Royce – and obvious wealth. Tinsley’s group left the club but was followed to The Conrad by a gray Chrysler and a dark pickup truck. That’s where the shooting began, with the Rolls Royce struck by several bullets and another vehicle on Tinsley’s caravan taking five bullet holes, adding the suspected weapon is a .223 caliber assault rifle.
    It was the third time in a little more than a year Tinsley has been involved in events rooted in nightclubs in the same area. He is scheduled to stand trial next month in charges from a fight at the 8 Second Saloon last February. He was also present but not charged in October 2006 when former teammate Stephen Jackson fired gunshots in the air after a car ran into him in the parking lot of Club Rio.

“Jamaal put himself in a situation that was very, very dangerous,” said Coach Jim O’Brien. “These guys have every right to go to a nightclub. I have a right, everybody here can be out till 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning. As a professional athlete, where we’re in an environment nationally that has seen professional athletes targeted, it was not a good decision and that’s basically it. It was not a good decision. I’m sure he knows that and I’m sure there will be a lifestyle change for him . … But, to the best of our knowledge he was a victim. He wasn’t out there causing problems, he was victimized from everything we understand. The police will get to the bottom of it and we’ll move on.”
    Tinsley did not practice with the team Sunday at Conseco Fieldhouse and will meet with Bird and O’Brien Monday morning to determine the franchise’s course of action. The Pacers next play Tuesday in Cleveland.

“We’ll deal with it,” Bird said. “We’ve got to find out the information first. We don’t know anything that’s going on. We can talk about what we’re going to do but until we know everything that happened, if our players are at fault, they’ll be punished. …
    “This is something we can’t just put right behind us and walk away from. It’s something we’ll have to discuss. I don’t know how long it’ll take and we’ll continue to talk about it. We have to make a change, there’s no question about it.”
    Team captain Jermaine O’Neal spoke for the players after Sunday’s practice, saying they would lend Tinsley their support.

“As players we understand the situation and we understand the backlash that comes,” O’Neal said. “As players we have to understand when we step out our house we are targets. We make a lot of money, we drive nice cars, people idolize us, but people also envy us. We have to make sure that we put ourselves in better situations. Not to say Jamaal wasn’t in a good situation, but we have to know what the situation is every time we leave our house.
    “It’s very unfortunate, especially considering the type of year he’s having. He’s our early-season MVP. We need him to play very, very well. We’re going to support him. I know this city has been down this road with us before. Let the judicial process play itself out and continue to support us. This team is hitting its stride where we’re really starting to get healthy. We don’t want to be distracted. We know it’s a little bit of a distraction, but we’re going to play basketball and let Jamaal handle his situation and move on.” Police were investigating whether to file charges against Tinsley's brother, James, who returned fire. He had a permit for his weapon. The assailant escaped.
    Last edited by indyman37; 12-09-2007 at 03:24 PM.