Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exclamation Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

Indianapolis - Breaking news this morning of a shooting downtown involving Jamaal Tinsley and his three brothers.

Police tell us the men, and their friends, had spent the evening at the club Cloud Nine on West 38th street.

As they were leaving the club, they say some people outside were looking at their cars. There was an argument, and the Tinsley brothers and their friends left in three cars, all registered to Jamaal Tinsley, who was not present.

Tinsley, his brothers and their friends tell police they drove downtown and shots were fired at them near the Conrad Hotel at Illinois and Washington.

Police say Joey Qatato -- a trainer for the Pacers -- was shot in the arm. He's in good condition.

While police were investigating, they discovered one man in the entourage had an outstanding warrant in Georgia, he was arrested.

Police say one member of the Tinsley party, who is licensed to have a gun, may have returned fire.

Police are looking for a dark colored Dodge Charger and a blue truck.

http://wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7471562

I had a different comment here but ive edited it since more info has been released. im just gonna be silent its for the best.
    Last edited by aero; 12-09-2007 at 07:28 AM.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

here we go again....?

Mood

they just did a live piece on WTHR and said that Tinsley and his brothers were at a club and on their way out they seen some people by Tinsley's car, the group of people made some type of comment/comments about Tinsley's cars and how much money he makes. Tinsley who has a place downtown (condo, apartment something like that) then started to make their way downtown when they noticed that they were being followed, instead of going to the apartment/condo/home or whatever it may be...they instead pulled into the Conrad hotel. then for whatever reason shots were fired from a .223 caliber firearm...most likely an AK-47 or something similar.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

well atleast they dint start it i think.

stilll bad news
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Gee, wonder how they were able to follow them downtown w/o
    losing them. After all, there are 'Rolls-Royces' all over Indy.
    Wonder how they were able to pick JT's out among them all..!

Only kidding. JT can drive whatever the hell he wants. But dude,
    can't you and your posse just go bowling !

Key words: West 38th St.

Stay out of the ghetto and ghetto things won't happen!!!!!! Jeez, Does this dude have a brain???

I know when I hit the clubs on W. 38th, I alway try to stay low-key by driving my Rolls. Be rich and drive the Rolls or be ghetto and go to clubs on 38th St. but don't try and make both worlds coexist. It won't work.
    Last edited by IndyFan032589; 12-09-2007 at 08:16 AM.

Mood

Exclamation Re: Jamaal & The Tinsley brothers involved in shooting

here is the IndyStar's take on it:
    Someone armed with an assault rifle fired on Jamaal Tinsley of the Pacers and several companions outside the Conrad Hotel in Downtown Indianapolis early today, wounding a person who was with the athlete.

Police said Joey Qatato, 48, was struck in both elbows as he sat with Tinsley in the player’s Rolls Royce. The Pacers’ web site identifies Qatato as the team’s equipment manager.
    Tinsley and companions were in three of his vehicles when authorities were called to the hotel at 50 W. Washington St. at about 3:40 a.m.

A police statement said the incident began at a club called “Cloud 9” on West 38th Street earlier.

“The group was attempting to leave (Cloud 9) in three different vehicles, all of which belonged to Mr. Tinsley,” the statement said.

“Apparently another group had gathered around one of Tinsley's vehicles in the parking lot and there was a confrontation. Tinsley's group left but realized that they were being followed so they pulled in to the Conrad downtown instead of going home.”

The shooting began after they reached the hotel, police said. The Rolls Royce was struck by several bullets. A second vehicle was also hit, but no one was injured.

“The suspected weapon is a .223 assault rifle,” the police statement said. Authorities are looking for gray Chrysler and a dark pickup truck.

Only one person was arrested on the scene, Antoine Toon, 31, a member of the Tinsley group wanted on an unrelated warrant out of Georgia.

Tinsley is scheduled to stand trial next month in connection with a late-night incident earlier this year.

He and teammate Marquis Daniels are due in court Jan. 14 on charges stemming from a bar fight at the 8 Seconds Saloon.

A grand jury indicted Tinsley on a felony charge of intimidation, and misdemeanor counts of battery, disorderly conduct and intimidation from the Feb. 6 incident.

Daniels is charged with battery and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...LOCAL/71209001

and yeah, the comments about west 38th st are all too true. I worked that beat all summer. drove past club rio ever night and would shake my head ever time i drove past there in my cruiser....
    Last edited by aero; 12-09-2007 at 08:17 AM.
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Okay, is this enough to keep him, and other Pacer players away from those places?

Probably not, but damn. I don't know what will.

-- Steve --

Oh it was on West 38th? My god.

Do I have to show him MY scars from getting shot over there? Freaking stupid. Stupid. STUPID.

-- Steve --

Mood

I just dont understand why he of all people STILL hangs out on W 38th St. Larry Legend needs to BAN him and ALL Pacers players from the west side lol

Im shocked I didn't see him or any other players over the summer in that area, then again i really wasn't looking..
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

from the stories - it looks like they got chased down and didn't really start anything themselves - instead it was the others that started it...still a shame to see something like this happen but atleast its not made out as if JT is the one behind this mess...

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just dont understand why he of all people STILL hangs out on W 38th St. Larry Legend needs to BAN him and ALL Pacers players from the west side lol
    I agree. If Roger Penske can ban his IndyCar drivers from consuming alcohol during the month of May then Bird can ban the Pacers from ghetto clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    from the stories - it looks like they got chased down and didn't really start anything themselves - instead it was the others that started it...still a shame to see something like this happen but atleast its not made out as if JT is the one behind this mess...
    He sure didn't do anything to prevent it by driving a $350K car in the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    To be on that side of town, in that area ... it doesn't have to be you that started it.

I had a fool crash into my car while I was PARKED, blame me, and then try to shoot me in the back of my head while I wasn't looking at him. Luckily I saw it, grabed the gun, and fought back before his brave friends jumped in and attacked me.

You don't have to be rich or give anyone a reason there. They're just that damn stupid.

-- Steve --

Mood

I recall over the summer,

right down the street from that bar/club at the mall that there was a gentelman in a VERY expensive Mercedes Benz that got shot just because of the car he was in. That side of town isnt a joke.

If you have a net worth of over 100K stay away lol
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

If you have a net worth of over $10 stay away lol
    -- Fixed --

Mood

true
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

If you're a pro athlete, I guess you can never be too careful. Earlier this year, Darrant Williams was killed in a drive-by shooting while he was in a limo with Javon Walker. I'm sure that was going through their minds when they realized they were being followed. At least no one was killed.

I'll echo what others have said by saying the Pacers need to be careful of what clubs they go to. At least in this incident it sounds like Tinsley's group tried to leave the situation.

Mood

Yeah it sounds like that, however the mainstream media will flip this to make it looks like its all Tinsley's fault.

Jamaal is VERY lucky he wans't injured. They never said on tv which car Jamaal was in however two of the 3 cars got shot up from what they are showing on tv.

this new chick on wthr keeps calling the police "IPD"
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Next stop June 2015

I recall over the summer,

right down the street from that bar/club at the mall that there was a gentelman in a VERY expensive Mercedes Benz that got shot just because of the car he was in. That side of town isnt a joke.

If you have a net worth of over 100K stay away lol
    Yes, it is no joke. Don't go to Lafayette Square at night. There's no place to shop there anyway. lol

I used to be a Tinsley hater, but I have started to come around and accept him for the hood he is. Hey, all of us cannot be upstanding citizens. Just post bond, get him out of jail and back on that court right now. He needs to be leading our running game.

BTW, wouldn't it have been funny if he pulled up at Conseco fieldhouse and got shot at....don't mean to say I would want to see him hurt at all. I just know the fieldhouse is just a couple blocks away. LOL.

Get over it. We decided to keep the man and this is what we deserve. I decided to accept him, and this is what I EXPECTED!
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-09-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    If you're a pro athlete, I guess you can never be too careful. Earlier this year, Darrant Williams was killed in a drive-by shooting while he was in a limo with Javon Walker. I'm sure that was going through their minds when they realized they were being followed. At least no one was killed.

I'll echo what others have said by saying the Pacers need to be careful of what clubs they go to. At least in this incident it sounds like Tinsley's group tried to leave the situation.
    Yeh, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning all have a difficult time avoiding the bullets in Indy as well.

LOLOLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Yeh, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning all have a difficult time avoiding the bullets in Indy as well.

LOLOLOL!
    Obviously they're more selective about where they go at night.

Tinsley needed to exercise better judgment about where he went last night. Other than that, I don't think there's anything else to blame him for. Unlike previous incidents, it sounds like he didn't start it and he tried to avoid it.

This doesn't bother me as much as Club Rio or 8 Second Saloon. Although he really needs to figure out that there are certain places he shouldn't be late at night. Who knows, maybe after being shot at and having someone get hit, maybe that will finally hit home.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While it appears that Tins was strictly a victim in this case, he really should be smart enough to stay out of the ghetto. Especially now. I really don't understand why rich athletes, who work so hard to get out of the ghetto, always manage to find themselves back in there.

On another note, everyone already knows how dangerous that area of town is, so why is nothing being done to make it safer?

The mistake isn't being on West 38th Street. The mistake is being there at 3:40am.

There are some tough spots on that street, it's true. But there are plenty of decent places along there too. At 7:00pm, families are eating at the Red Lobster, right across the street from Club Rio. But at 3:00am, nobody is out there but toughs with something to prove.

Tinsley is accountable for going where the trouble happened. But he didn't do the crime.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    The mistake isn't being on West 38th Street. The mistake is being there at 3:40am.

There are some tough spots on that street, it's true. But there are plenty of decent places along there too. At 7:00pm, families are eating at the Red Lobster, right across the street from Club Rio. But at 3:00am, nobody is out there but toughs with something to prove.

Tinsley is accountable for going where the trouble happened. But he didn't do the crime.
    My situation happened at 8 PM.

-- Steve --