Thread: Reefer Madness out for the season & other news

Default Reefer Madness out for the season & other news

Just working my way through the feeder. Nothing remarkable, really, but some interesting things.

- Shareef done for the season... Sacto really needs help at PF. Think they'd be interested in any of our guys?

- Jersey is a mess... they're going back and forth on the Kidd extension, the team's not playing well, Jefferson's ripping his teammates new ones, etc.

- I didn't realize that Larry sent a private plane to pick up Shawne Williams from the funeral.

- Marty Burns says we would have traded JO for Bynum but LA held out Bynum.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Reefer Madness out for the season & other news

I think many of us have said that if Bynum was off the table then the Pacers made the right choice in skipping the deal. JO has struggled so far and even with that he's not been half bad since his return. If he finds his full game in the next few weeks we're gonna be really glad TPTB took a pass on a bag of LA junk for JO deal.

Hurray for NJ working their way out of the Pacers path in the playoff hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think many of us have said that if Bynum was off the table then the Pacers made the right choice in skipping the deal. JO has struggled so far and even with that he's not been half bad since his return. If he finds his full game in the next few weeks we're gonna be really glad TPTB took a pass on a bag of LA junk for JO deal.
    It boggles the mind to think that LA thought they could get Jermaine without Bynum. They don't have any other assets!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

David Harrison for Francisco Garcia?

Better yet, Murphy for Artest? I'm all for second chances (I mean, Mark Jackson, Al Harrington, and Dale Davis have been here twice), and I think Ron has changed since when he was here. He has family here too and he could tend to his daughter. Unfortunately though, SAC would probably have no business with that deal and Pacers fans wouldn't welcome Ron back. But hey, it's something to think about if we're focused on being a playoff team instead of getting a high lottery pick.
    Last edited by Doddage; 12-08-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post

Better yet, Murphy for Artest? I'm all for second chances (I mean, Mark Jackson, Al Harrington, and Dale Davis have been here twice), and I think Ron has changed since when he was here. He has family here too and he could tend to his daughter. Unfortunately though, SAC would probably have no business with that deal and Pacers fans wouldn't welcome Ron back. But hey, it's something to think about if we're focused on being a playoff team instead of getting a high lottery pick.
    I like Garcia....but I think that we have more players that can do what he can do....but very few players that can do what Harrison can do.

I'm not saying that Harrison is untouchable....but given our Big Man rotation....Harrison is ahead of Murphy in the lineup.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Better yet, Murphy for Artest?

There aren't many 1-for-1 Murphy trades I'd say no to.

But he77 no.

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

There aren't many 1-for-1 Murphy trades I'd say no to.

But he77 no.
    now wait wait wait... what happened to your insane hatred of murphy????

now about artest...

this summer when people were posting the "i wish i was back in indy" articles involving artest i would have been absolutely against it.

but i could possibly be a little more open to it for a few reasons:

1) what have we collectively said about artest? that he needs to be traded halfway thru each season because he can usually behave himself that long...we're now approaching half a season left

2) since his suspension, he has been playing fantastic defense and being fairly efficient on the offensive end... two things we could use

3) exp. contract for murphy's very expensive/lengthy deal

4) his daughter -- makes him possibly a sympathetic figure to pacer fans and the people of indianapolis and his daughter is in indy... could be a derek fisher scenario

5) we could continue our ALL-SF plan without skipping a beat

6) o'brien / tinsley factor -- most wanted to ship tinsley out but he has become a player that people on this board are now discussing "allstar" possibilities... so vilified players can change. same could be said for hulk. o'brien would probably love artest's skills as he's a defender first that can put up big numbers. o'brien is also the sort of disciplinarian that could handle artest.

it isn't a no-brainer but i also wouldn't dismiss it like i used to. i also think they could find a better deal out there than taking murphy's massive contract.

tinsley / quis / diener / owens
    dunleavy / rush
    granger / williams / graham
    artest / diogu
    o'neal / foster / harrison
    This is the darkest timeline.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd rather not give Ron another chance to fully destroy and end this franchise, thank you.
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 12-08-2007 at 04:42 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

As good as he is... there's no way I would want Artest here. We can win without him. This became obvious in Orlando last night. We should have beat Phx also if not for the Canadien phenom getting a call against Quis and hitting a running 3. I like what we have now and when Ike comes back to reclaim the lane we will only be better.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

I'm not a doctor, but I doubt that Sacramento would ever trade an elite player on an expiring contract for a crappy player with a ginormous, never-ending contract.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Artest is like that one ex - the sex is great but damn the mental BS she brought to the table....

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    Artest is like that one ex - the sex is great but damn the mental BS she brought to the table....
    Hopefully not TOO like...

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but I doubt that Sacramento would ever trade an elite player on an expiring contract for a crappy player with a ginormous, never-ending contract.
    I'd settle for Kevin Martin then...

Actually, I'd trade anybody on our team not named Tinsley for Kevin Martin.

Not that Sacto would bite...

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Hopefully not TOO like...
    I laughed.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I stand firmly by my preseason prediction of New Jersey not making the playoffs. Aging hall of famer, disinterested Carter with a bloated contract, two key players coming off injury, a coach who has reached his ceiling, an impending franchise move...............