Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOT the league's best 6th man (but not as obnoxious as the Pistons fans)

Default NOT the league's best 6th man (but not as obnoxious as the Pistons fans)

I was at the game tonight and I was sorely dissapointed with our fans. Between some pacers fans behind me telling ME to sit down to our fans leaving with 4 minutes left to not cheering, to allowing detroit to buy a significant amount of tickets, I am convinced we have pretty crappy fans (NOT to say that we don't have some of the best, just as a whole we sucked).

At least we weren't as bad as Detroit fans who were simply rude and obnoxious. One fan pushed a Pacer fan and sent him tumbling down many rows of seats after the game. Also, they basically took over the arena claiming it was their house... They danced in the isles (even before the game started) and screamed at Pacers fans attempting to enjoy the game If I were a bigger dude, I wouldn't allow this to happen in our arena, though perhaps we acheived a moral victory

Did anyone else see this, or was annoyed by this????????
    Here, everyone have a : on me

sweabs

Default Re: NOT the league's best 6th man (but not as obnoxious as the Pistons fans)

Pushing a Pacer fan down the stairs? That is ridiculous. I hope security got a hold of the guy.

Default Re: NOT the league's best 6th man (but not as obnoxious as the Pistons fans)

It was pretty much chaos, so security didn't do anything about it... come to think of it i didn't see much security at all...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The most obnoxious, rude, disgusting fans I've every seen in 18 years of going to Pacer games. Several of the ushers I know said the same thing. They even yell crap during the national anthem. Real basketball fans should be embarrassed by Detroit's lame @ss excuse for fans.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Those people don't deserve oxygen. I'm disgusted they shoved someone down rows of seats over a ****ing game.

I stayed till the very end.. and was yelling at the Pacers as they were exiting, telling em to bring it game 6 and cheering them on.. I was the only guy doing so.. but I was impressed with the crowd, not many crowds give standing ovations when their team is down by 15. Props to the fans. They sure are better fans than the piston fans who booed their team, I didn't hear one boo, only thing that was making me mad was this lady behind me really heckling JO, and these 2 little girls, who were pistons fans, who had the loudest shrieking over 120decible voice I have ever heard yelling right in my ear the whole game for every piston shot made. gah my ears are still ringing, it was worse enough seeing Rip go crazy in person, but these shrieking 10year old harpy girls were driving me mad.

The tornado sirens going off prior to the game were a suitable precurser to this game.

sweabs

I saw an interview with Jermaine before the game saying that he wanted this crowd to be ROWDY - everyone making noise - even security and vendors. And he wanted people to drink up - do whatever it would take to get loud. The TV doesn't always do justice but it didn't sound too loud tonight...but then again, I guess there weren't too many opportunities to get loud. That's the key though - you gotta maintain a high energy to keep the players determined - no matter what the score...but that's pretty hard when you're down 13 or whatever.

t-Bone

pushing fans down steps? yelling during the anthem?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The most obnoxious, rude, disgusting fans I've every seen in 18 years of going to Pacer games. Several of the ushers I know said the same thing. They even yell crap during the national anthem. Real basketball fans should be embarrassed by Detroit's lame @ss excuse for fans.
    I'd be embarrassed worse that there were more fans from the visiting team in the stands than home fans....but thats just me I suppose :P

we're yelling during the anthem, pushin people down stairs...you guys are really creative, you know? Were we pushin heroin outside and stealing lollypops as well?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

sweabs

Wow - I couldn't believe it. I went to Game 4 at the Palace, and if I got a nickel for every time someone yelled something stupid like "Go Pistons", "Reggie is old", "Pacers suck" during the anthem I'd be rich ed: . Truly embarassing - and I'm not even American!

I'd be embarrassed worse that there were more fans from the visiting team in the stands than home fans....but thats just me I suppose :P

we're yelling during the anthem, pushin people down stairs...you guys are really creative, you know? Were we pushin heroin outside and stealing lollypops as well?
    And THAT is why we call you a homer. Posts like this.

how would you know ??? you don't even go to home games
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

sweabs

we're yelling during the anthem, pushin people down stairs...you guys are really creative, you know?
    So you care to defend that Kstat? You're saying you guys never yell during the anthem?

t-Bone

i have heard and seen those above mentioned things at nfl football games, not nba basketball games though

sweabs

I've probably been to more Detroit games this year than you Kstat - and trust me on this one...you are not gonna win that argument.

Wow - I couldn't believe it. I went to Game 4 at the Palace, and if I got a nickel for every time someone yelled something stupid like "Go Pistons", "Reggie is old", "Pacers suck" during the anthem I'd be rich ed: . Truly embarassing - and I'm not even American!
    Dude.....if thats the WORST you've ever heard, I'm REALLY upset, we obviously werent very hostile that night.

With a few exceptions, the best fans in the world are the a-holes. Taunting, yelling, screaming, annoying, there's NOTHING like taunting the opposing team. I have respect for the most obnoxious fans at the game. They're doing their job. And the people who get annoyed by the yelling and taunting? Hopefully they'll never come back, and that seat can be used on someone who DESERVES it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Default Anthem

I forgot about that!!! That was perhaps the most rude thing they did.... During the national anthem (which was a bit slow) several dudes shouted GO PISTONS and other such things, many were around me. I yelled at one after that. In any case there were still many more Pacers fans than Pistons fans at the game, but it only takes a few a**h***s to sour everyone...

I forgot though.. much respect to the Pistons fans in front of me who only cheared for their team and didn't instigate anything!!!

Twice this week you've defended Piston fans that have disrespected the country.

sweabs

Dude.....if thats the WORST you've ever heard, I'm REALLY upset, we obviously werent very hostile that night.

With a few exceptions, the best fans in the world are the a-holes. Taunting, yelling, screaming, annoying, there's NOTHING like taunting the opposing team. I have respect for the most obnoxious fans at the game. They're doing their job. And the people who get annoyed by the yelling and taunting? Hopefully they'll never come back, and that seat can be used on someone who DESERVES it.
    So I guess disrespecting the anthem is cool...okay.

we're yelling during the anthem, pushin people down stairs...you guys are really creative, you know?
    So you care to defend that Kstat? You're saying you guys never yell during the anthem?
    I've been to %30 of the home games this year-I rarely, if EVER hear people being disrespectful to the anthem. Not that you can really HEAR it-the volume of the anthem is jacked way up.

t-Bone

dude,dont defend being an a-hole. yelling and screaming during the game is good, other stuff not so much

Twice this week you've defended Piston fans that have disrespected the country.
    Once again, you're believing what you want to believe, Hicks. I have and will never defend people who spite the anthem. Frankly, I dont even think anyone here CARES that much about it-its just another excuse to bash on Pistons fans.

And no, I dont ever hear guys yell during the anthem.

dude,dont defend being an a-hole. yelling and screaming during the game is good, other stuff not so much
    Screaming during the anthem I wont condone. But the other stuff? thats all about being a fan, man. I don't want a bunch of pansies at the games who are afraid to hurt people's feelings. Those kinds of people belong in church.

Default KSTAT

The best fans watch the game, make noise and cheer for their teams.

The best jackasses don't even watch the game because they are too busy looking the other way and trying to instigate others.

So pushing someone down the stands is cool, so long as they don't spite the flag? Oh that's good.