Thread: In Hindsight, JO and Tinsley should've sat tonight like Casell did

Default In Hindsight, JO and Tinsley should've sat tonight like Casell did

Usually a team bonds together when their star is down and it throws the other team off their game plan.

JO and Tinsley just couldn't go tonight. I thought some of our bench played outstanding tonight and deserved more time in this game!

What a shame!

Water

sweabs

Default Re: In Hindsight, JO and Tinsley should've sat tonight like Casell did

Wow - I just have SO MUCH respect for Jamaal.

I cannot believe the guy is playing with a torn hamstring.

I don't know if anyone can relate - but I have torn my hamstring and it is quite possibly the worst pain I have ever felt. It took me a year to fully get over the injury - and I just cannot believe the guy is out there running like he is. However - he could lay off the 3 point attempts. But props to him for making some of those drives into the lane - just too bad he couldn't finish his layups...the injury is just that bad.

Right on, rscarey. Tins is showing some serious guts. We just need the rest of the team to show as much.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

I thought JO looked OK. Limited, but still effective enough to play. I agree that Tinsley, as much heart as he is showing, should have sat more, if not the whole game. He had almost nothing on his shot, but kept shooting, and it was killing us. He is an absolute warrior though for even stepping on the court and giving it this kind of effort.

I had the same feeling about Jamaal Tinsley tonight that I had about Elvis Grbac going into one of the Chiefs playoff games. He was coming back from a busted finger, and Rich Gannon had led us on a big winning streak. I knew that Grbac was probably the better quarterback, but his finger wasn't perfect, and Gannon was ready to go. Grbac threw multiple interceptions in the game, and generally played like crap. Chiefs lose.

It's great that you're able to play through the pain, unless you're hurting your team. Tinsley was hurting the team tonight, and he should have sat. JO is still able to play at a high level, so I didnt' mind him being in there, but Tinsley had no business being in there when he was so hurt he couldn't hit layups and short floaters.

JO should have played. He provides so much for us defensively, and when we find him on offense he is pretty darn reliable.

I also laud JT for his guts, but the guy is just too torn up right now. He can't shoot and he can't defend. He can pass, but I think he is too big a liability in other areas. AJ is just playing better basketball overall and needs the minutes. I felt like JT hurt us more than any other player out there tonight.
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

sweabs

JO should have played. He provides so much for us defensively, and when we find him on offense he is pretty darn reliable.

I also laud JT for his guts, but the guy is just too torn up right now. He can't shoot and he can't defend. He can pass, but I think he is too big a liability in other areas. AJ is just playing better basketball overall and needs the minutes. I felt like JT hurt us more than any other player out there tonight.
    His decision making was not always the best - and his injuries just limited him from doing things on the offensive and defensive end. But like I said - I give him SO much credit for even trying to play and helping the team - he meant the best and truly showed so much heart and that is the kind of thing that earns my respect most.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To be fair, I'm not sure either guy knew how bad they were hurt until they stepped on the court tonight.

I give them credit for trying. Its the ECFs and they aren't going to let thier teammates down. This is the stuff that helps a young team build the character it needs to advance to The Finals. Jamaal at 20% healthy is better than AJ or KA at 100%. But he did take too many flat footed shots that he left short.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Oh, I'm definitely more impressed than ever with Tinsley and Oneal and the guts they showed tonight!!

Hindsight and the way this game was called and the pain you could see these two working through was just hard to watch. Before the game I thought they should play, after watching my gut was telling me the rest and availability for game 6 might be more important.

I'm thoroughly disgusted with the rest of the team for showing NO heart tonight. RIP Hamilton should've been bumped, screened, shoved and picked HARD all night, but he just ran FREE!! AJ gets leveled and we pussyfoot around the rest of the game!

Water

Tins took some shots that were forced upon him, chose very few, drives were the only resource due to a lack of movement.

He should not be shooting, he knows it better then we all do. but doesn't it scare you that with all the poor finishing going on, the lack of calls for the offense inside and Tins still has a game high 5 Assists?

These two guys playing with all the risks involved shows a lot of dedication, coach letting him in, using the full med staff to keep him mobile, sorry, there might have been other options.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

tins sure showed a lot of heart. but what can he do, he's just too slowed by injury.

like it or not, i think we need to start kenny. yes he played horrendous last time but who else do we have. and in fact, that's the rationale for keeping 3 pg's on the roster wasn't it? an injured tinsley isn't going to cut it, we need to gamble on kenny anderson in a big way to have any chance.

on the plus side, kenny is a playoff vet and hoopefully he can deliver. otoh of course he's fighting several months' rust. but again, who else is there?