Thread: Congrats To Detroit For The Game 5 Win

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Congrats To Detroit For The Game 5 Win

Let's face it. Pacer fans can point to some questionable foul calls and the Pacers are hurting, but I honestly do not believe that made a significant difference tonight. The Pacers were not in it from the start. Detroit wanted it more. That's the only way to explain the complete reversal from Game 4. The Pacers didn't play smart, aggressive, or with any passion. The Pistons played well over the Pacers' heads. Rip Hamilton has officially ascended to the upper-echelon of NBA shooting guards. Rasheed was on fire from everywhere. The interior Piston defense was once again impenetrable. Good game Detroit, you worked hard for the win. I can only hope the Pacers can summon such internal strength on Tuesday.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

wallaceX2

Default Re: Congrats To Detroit For The Game 5 Win

The same thing might come back to bite Detroit though--the Pacers are forced to have to want game 6 BAD, and even though I know how much Detroit wants to close out the series, and they are at home, the Pacers will to win might kill the Pistons. If Indiana goes at it with a negative attitude, it's over.

DTropps

I sure as heck don't think this series is over. Indy is hurting but I was at the Palace the other day when the Pistons laid an egg and Indiana played an outstanding game. There are some some huge obsticles coming up. But it's one game. Even the worst team in the NBA can win one game on the road. And the Pacers aren't the worst team - they had the best record in the NBA.

This series is hardly over yet. Even with the injuries if Indiana lays an egg in that game like the Nets did in game #7 then Pacer fans gripe about the team. I think they will show a lot of fight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's face it. Pacer fans can point to some questionable foul calls and the Pacers are hurting, but I honestly do not believe that made a significant difference tonight. The Pacers were not in it from the start. Detroit wanted it more. That's the only way to explain the complete reversal from Game 4. The Pacers didn't play smart, aggressive, or with any passion. The Pistons played well over the Pacers' heads. Rip Hamilton has officially ascended to the upper-echelon of NBA shooting guards. Rasheed was on fire from everywhere. The interior Piston defense was once again impenetrable. Good game Detroit, you worked hard for the win. I can only hope the Pacers can summon such internal strength on Tuesday.
    Obnox, I had to come here and say the SAME THING after game 4, and if youre anything like me, this was probably the hardest thread you had to start all season. Props for stepping up to the plate.

This game looked STUNNINGLY like game 4 to me. The Pistons were the ones with all the fire, Indiana played with NONE, aside from JO and Freddie.

Rasheed is now picking on a hobbled JO like JO was picking on a hobbled sheed the first few games. I really hate to see guys get injured, on either side. JO looks ok though, its tins thats really hurting.

Rasheed was remarkable tonight. Just remarkable. Best ive seen him look all year.

Rip reminds me of reggie the way he performs so much better on the road.

I hate to say it, but I was right about Croshere. When he isnt getting guys to jup for his fakes, he's not getting to the rim. He was swatted at the hole each and every time he tried.

Larry went zone against Indy's small lineup, as I said he would, and it worked like a charm. Indiana was made into a jumpshooting team all game, and they wont beat people taking 21 threes.

Freddie Jones's jumper was as good as ive ever seen it tonight. He really is an amazing talent, I wish he was a little taller but he still should get a shot to start next year.

JO really doesnt look as hurt as Tins is, I saw Jo make some VERY nice moves to the hole, we just defended him better than we did last game.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I have a lot of things to get pissed about tonight, and they're things I feel that screwed us over. But that can take nothing away from the brilliance that was Rip Hamilton.

sweabs

JO really doesnt look as hurt as Tins is, I saw Jo make some VERY nice moves to the hole, we just defended him better than we did last game.
    I don't know the magnitude of the injury - but what happend to him HURTS. I had the exact same thing happen to me from soccer coming from a head-ball over a kid landing all on one leg and it feels like the leg is stuck because it is so stiff.

The Pistons completely deserved this victory. They were the aggressors, they again defended the interior with great intensity, and Rip Hamilton was amazing. Rasheed was outstanding as well. Hats off to them.

Rip is awesome. He's been the best player on either team this series. If he's not an All-Star next season something's wrong.

Hopefully he can keep it up against the Lakers. If he can, the Pistons could win the whole thing.

IndyToad
    The D on my grave stands for Dracula

Pacers got outplayed and outtoughed tonight! The Pacers lost their composure and hence the game. We went from having fun, to playing like we did in games 1-3.

The Pistons deserved to win.

My problem was the heart (other than Fred Jones and Oneal and Tinsley for trying) shown by our team. AJ gets laid out by Corliss, cheap shot, Williamson (i really don't like this player) and we do nothing about it. RIP runs wild tonight with nary a bump, screen or foul. We should've bumped him all night long and set some hard screens to get him off his game. The Celtics, Sixers, Lakers or Pistons from the 80's wouldn't stand for this!

Water

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Pacers got outplayed and outtoughed tonight! The Pacers lost their composure and hence the game. We went from having fun, to playing like we did in games 1-3.

My problem was the heart (other than Fred Jones and Oneal and Tinsley for trying) shown by our team. AJ gets laid out by Corliss, cheap shot, Williamson (i really don't like this player) and we do nothing about it. RIP runs wild tonight with nary a bump, screen or foul. We should've bumped him all night long and set some hard screens to get him off his game. The Celtics, Sixers, Lakers or Pistons from the 80's wouldn't stand for this!

Water
    That will be cured this summer when we bring back Dale Davis. (you're welcome Peck)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I saw very little of the game. Hard to see when you're hiding undre the bed. But iwhat I saw you took us right out of it. Congrats...but we'll get ya in game 6. You don't beat us a t home 2x without us returning the favor.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I think the injuries ARE significant. When your best guard and best player are both hurting there are major holes to try and cover up. But hey, they gave it a shot - that's more than you can ask.

Having said that - we seemed absolutely directionless. Fault can be directed in a couple of places but the offense . . . well, there wasn't any.

I'm surprised I'm as calm as I am because I believe we have to make it to the Finals for me to consider this a successful season. But you have to take things into consideration and Detroit was too much for what we had.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

PistonsDynasty

Water
    I don't know if it was a cheap shot or not. Corliss isn't know as a "dirty" player. I think both teams have alot of respect for each other and don't hate each but both want to win. I would of been pissed if someone gave Rip a cheapshot because Corliss laid AJ out.

The think about the Pacers is I use to HATE THEM. Remember when Corliss threw the ball at J.O.?? Back then JO swear he was "hard". He's sinced changed his tune and I don't hate any players on the players (maybe Artest a little).

I don't want anyone to cheap shot RIP. I want someone to bump him, screen him, knock him off his game just like the Lakers did to Tony Parker. Use your fouls to ensure he doesn't go off like he did tonight. If Rip scores under 20 and we should an abysmal 38+% we win any game against this team.

Water

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

1) Congrats to the Pistons and their fnas
    2) Its still not over ... yet

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws