Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger

Banned

Default Re: Danny Granger

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger is going to be at least as good as Josh Howard and that is fine with me.

What time machine are you operating from?

When Danny goes cold, he settles for jumpers. He never drives to the basket because....lets face it...hes afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    What time machine are you operating from?

When Danny goes cold, he settles for jumpers. He never drives to the basket because....lets face it...hes afraid.
    Yeah, during that Seattle game he never attacked the basket. His shot wasn't falling and he only went to the free throw line FIFTEEN times. Yeah, what a wimp.

Jeez, the guy is a little over a month into his 3rd season and you're expecting him to be a LEADER? I don't think that's ever been expected of him as a Pacer. He's always been one of the younger players on the team. If you think this team lacks leadership, then you should be pointing your finger at JO and Tinsley, not Granger.

Yes, he's having trouble with consistency...on the offensive end. He's not the only player to do so. It's DECEMBER. If he's still playing with inconsistency by February, I'd say we might want to be concerned. And besides, it's not like his contract runs out by the end of the year. We'll still have another season after this one to evaluate him and trade him, if needed.

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Smash, smash, smash..... Happy Holidays buddy.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Danny just makes tons of mistakes still. He's a slow but steady learner who apparently hasn't quite taken the full step forward in awareness/confidence that I thought he had earlier in the year.

Here's a tangible example of the subtle mistakes he makes that hurt the bottom line:

In-bounds is Hill, DG on him. The pass is in to the high post and as Hill steps in and toward the post (ala give and go over the top) Danny steps UNDER the play, well before Hill has had to choose which side he will go. This let Hill go over the top, get the return pass on a short step-back and hit the open jumper as Danny made a flailing close out on him with little hope of getting there.

Stuff like this looks on the surface like effort on his part (it is) and just good play by the other player (also true), but it's also a case where Danny simply makes the game harder on himself.

In the parlance of Vince Vaughn, Danny's got these big bear claws but he doesn't know how to use them yet.

His fits and starts are to me obviously moments when he locks into a comfort zone, something familiar, and then when he slips into areas he doesn't recognize.

The comparison between he and Shawne is remarkably similar to last season. Shawne has the instincts and confidence for the game, though he also makes youthful errors. Danny doesn't appear to come to things nearly as naturally but does have a good ability to learn over time.

BTW, I've been sick which is why I didn't get to the thread I'm going to start which will specifically praise Danny and David for addressing flaws in their game this season.

Danny is not THE man right now, and is often part of the problem. But he's also a big part of things that go right and still has tons of untapped upside that he shows no signs of failing to reach, at least not yet. Plateau is not a word I think of when I see Danny (or Shawne) play.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    In the parlance of Vince Vaughn, Danny's got these big bear claws but he doesn't know how to use them yet.
    It's not even so much me as it's Roenick...He's good.

[yt]owk4S0GGDbU[/yt]
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

F'n brilliant.

Best thing about that was I played the hell outta that version of NHL and the boys would all sit around in similar fashion for this and Madden.

Best way we ever played Genesis Madden? 2 on 2, one guy was offense, the other was defense. One team switched at the half, the other at quarters, so you got all 4 combos of pairings during the game. It's actually a lot of fun as the "defense" sitting there rooting for your offense. Way more fun than a couple of guys both on offense at the same time.

BTW, with my reference should I now refer to Danny as

Me and my boy were incredible at NHL 94. We'd play on the same team as the Chicago Blackhawks, and then we'd pull our goalie and play against the computer with six men on the ice. We could beat every team except Detroit and like one other, and we'd shut out the horrible teams like Ottawa. Without a goalie.

Roenick wasn't quite as good as Tecmo Bo, but he's on the short list of contenders for best video game athlete of all time. Vince Vaughn speaks the truth.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Me and my boy were incredible at NHL 94. We'd play on the same team as the Chicago Blackhawks, and then we'd pull our goalie and play against the computer with six men on the ice. We could beat every team except Detroit and like one other, and we'd shut out the horrible teams like Ottawa. Without a goalie.

Roenick wasn't quite as good as Tecmo Bo, but he's on the short list of contenders for best video game athlete of all time. Vince Vaughn speaks the truth.

Tecmo Bo, could almost not be tackled. He would have multiple 50 yars plus touchdowns every game, simply awesome. You couldn't stop him NOR could you hope to contain him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    Yeah, during that Seattle game he never attacked the basket. His shot wasn't falling and he only went to the free throw line FIFTEEN times. Yeah, what a wimp.

Jeez, the guy is a little over a month into his 3rd season and you're expecting him to be a LEADER? I don't think that's ever been expected of him as a Pacer. He's always been one of the younger players on the team. If you think this team lacks leadership, then you should be pointing your finger at JO and Tinsley, not Granger.

Yes, he's having trouble with consistency...on the offensive end. He's not the only player to do so. It's DECEMBER. If he's still playing with inconsistency by February, I'd say we might want to be concerned. And besides, it's not like his contract runs out by the end of the year. We'll still have another season after this one to evaluate him and trade him, if needed.
    Bottom line is that, Yees, he went to the line 15 times and yet the Pacers STILL lost the game.....just like last night...You've got to be accountable EVERY night when your a pro.....just not every once in a while.

Danny has learned some things, yet still makes the same rookie mistakes...watch him shake his head when he makes a mistake...He knows, but he doesn't know how to get around it.

I like where this thread has gone.

Although I WAS hoping somebody would get the Wallace joke. Ahh well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bottom line is that, Yees, he went to the line 15 times and yet the Pacers STILL lost the game.....just like last night...You've got to be accountable EVERY night when your a pro.....just not every once in a while.

Danny has learned some things, yet still makes the same rookie mistakes...watch him shake his head when he makes a mistake...He knows, but he doesn't know how to get around it.

We know where you stand and most of the board disagrees so just get over it and quit trying to change everyones opinion. This thread FTL...

You're absolutely right. He's too mistake prone for a 3yr player. I don't know why he starts, and should be traded for a bag of cool ranch doritos, or even chilli cheese corn chips, if they could get a large Mt. Dew out of it as well I'd be sitting on cloud nine.

Dude, come back to reality. Next time you make a mistake I hope your boss doesn't look to get rid of you, because you should be held accountable every single day as well.

He's averaging 17.5 pts 6.1 rbs, and shooting all while shooting at a higher percentage than JO and Tinsley.

Oh, and for a player that's scared to take the ball to the basket, he also leads the team in FTA per game.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post

Dude, that whole Blackhawks team was epic that year on the game. Roenick, Larmer and Michel Goulet on the front line (Goulet was ancient, but EA put him in prime form), with Steve Smith and Chelios on defense. Are you freaking kidding me?

I switched from the Kings, who were great the year before on the last fighting version. Vince Vaughn was absolutely correct on all points.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Quote Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
    Dude, that whole Blackhawks team was epic that year on the game. Roenick, Larmer and Michel Goulet on the front line (Goulet was ancient, but EA put him in prime form), with Steve Smith and Chelios on defense. Are you freaking kidding me?

I switched from the Kings, who were great the year before on the last fighting version. Vince Vaughn was absolutely correct on all points.
    They were truly unreal.

My man would always want to play with Detroit cause of Yzerman and Federov, but I wouldn't stand for it. Top to bottom, Chicago's lines were just phenomonal.

Goulet and Larmer would always each get get like five goals per game on laser one-timers from Roenick or Chelios, who was arguably the best defenseman in the game. And Smith and Roenick were the best checkers in the game. They just ran over everyone.

Meanwhile, you forgot to mention Ed "Stonewall" Belfour, who was borderline un-deekable.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Man, Granger's having a terrible game. 24 points on 5-6 from 3pt range after just 3 quarters. Maybe he gets his all time high tonight.

I say he's pretty good and getting better...

He's having a good season, decent game tonight.

On another hand, with a cheap rookie contract you can't really make a blockbuster trade with him.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    He's having a good season, decent game tonight.

On another hand, with a cheap rookie contract you can't really make a blockbuster trade with him.
    His contract is no hinderance to a trade...it probably is helpful. Package him up with one of our fat contracts (ie. Murphy) and you can get a fair trade easily.

But I seriously doubt the Pacers will trade Granger simply because he is a rare marketable commodity. IOW, you can put him on TV and sell the franchise without a high likelihood of looking foolish and having to peel mud off your face.

Yes, this is a business and he is the product and the packaging does matter.

Danny has a lot of talent.

Good player.

He is still young. I think his mistakes are little things (that yes do have an impact on the outcome of a game) however it's not things that won't be fixed with more experience.

He will get better. More consistant. He is a good player and once we get settled in as a team and everyone is comfortable with their roles everyone will play more consistant.

Danny is one of the last players you trade at this point in time.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

danny is a 3rd year player. inconsistency is part of the package. that said, he's improved greatly this year.

maybe he won't turn into a star (though it looks like he might), but at minimum he's a very solid starter. he's valuable to the team, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    BTW, I've been sick which is why I didn't get to the thread I'm going to start which will specifically praise Danny and David for addressing flaws in their game this season.
    good one. danny has progressed, sure, but that's sort of expected of him. david though, wow he's improved dramatically. dare i say contract year?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Although I WAS hoping somebody would get the Wallace joke. Ahh well.
    if you must know, i did get the reference. didn't know your ego needed stroking though

anyway the joke doesn't quite fit unless danny is a throw-in in the trade

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    if you must know, i did get the reference. didn't know your ego needed stroking though

anyway the joke doesn't quite fit unless danny is a throw-in in the trade
    You guys know me too well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Just got the Wallace reference...man is that an old-school, obscure PD reference.

His defense tonight with 15 deflections was outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Just got the Wallace reference...man is that an old-school, obscure PD reference.
    Before that point, I always believed DaSmash when he said he had a source. That was when I realized I'd never have to take his trade talk seriously again.

So it was kind of a watershed moment for me.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Before that point, I always believed DaSmash when he said he had a source. That was when I realized I'd never have to take his trade talk seriously again.

So it was kind of a watershed moment for me.
    I hate to pile on, well not really hate to, but I didn't find the reference you are refering to??? However, it must be the Gerald Wallace being traded to the Pacers then cut, episode?

I wouldn't even had tucked in my memory banks if it wasn't for the whole, I know more than all of you, you're just peons because of my sources, attitude.