Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post-Game Thread: Nash is Clutch

Default Post-Game Thread: Nash is Clutch

Ack. That is all.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Nash is Clutch

We lost to the better team we played our butts off. Only complaint I have is about Granger's play. Otherwise everyone played their butts off.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We lost to the better team we played our butts off. Only complaint I have is about Granger's play. Otherwise everyone played their butts off.
    Don't forget Rush's amazing performance.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Said before the game we need to get Amare in foul trouble but I didn't realise he would go off for 40.

I only had radio coverage, but it sounded like JO was fitting in real well, lots of quick passes when he got the ball. Great to see him shoot a great %.

Dunleavy had some big plays but the radio guys were very critical of him forcing a shot in the last couple mins. Can anyone elaborate ?

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

bad execution at the end of the game...we had like 3 chances to increase the lead to 6...yet failed to capitalize...

42 points by amar. ouch that hurts.

Thought our last few offensive possessions became to one-on-one dominated whether by design from the bench or player initiative in the flow. Can't fault the overall effort or the look from 3 DG had at the end. Somebody has to get back and close out Nash on the break though. Thinking of his final dagger.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

That was great basketball by the Ps.

At the end, we just got outplayed and outclassed by some of the best players in the league--Nash, Stoudemire, Grant Hill.

They made smart passes and hit key shots when it counted at the VERY end.

Tinsley played very well, as did Dun, up until the last minute or two. When it REALLY counted, they made some bad decisions. But that's okay. We're still learning, and I think we can grow into a team that focuses up until the very end. At least I hope we can.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Suns are tough.

We had a similar game against them at home last year. Monta Ellis had a huge dunk on Barbosa and the crowd went nuts. We went up by a few points, but Monta had to leave with a cramp. Barbosa has some pride in him too. After he got dunked on, he hit a couple big 3s in the final minutes.

We couldn't score to save our lives in the final minute and then we ended up losing on a Nash 3. Does that sound familiar to tonight?

Suns are a tough bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    Said before the game we need to get Amare in foul trouble but I didn't realise he would go off for 40.

I only had radio coverage, but it sounded like JO was fitting in real well, lots of quick passes when he got the ball. Great to see him shoot a great %.

Dunleavy had some big plays but the radio guys were very critical of him forcing a shot in the last couple mins. Can anyone elaborate ?
    if you go back and look. He caught the ball.. dribbled to the free throw line looking for someone to move. then he to it to the other side of the strip still looking for someone to cut or move and no one did. He was forced to take a bad shoot against a good defender. Not much he could of done with a 24 second clock.

Does it really seem like a "we lost to the better team" loss? I feel like this one could have gone either way. I don't want to jinx us but I'm starting to have progressively more faith in this team as long as everyone stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Does it really seem like a "we lost to the better team" loss? I don't want to jinx us but I'm starting to have progressively more faith in this team as long as everyone stays healthy.
    We need to learn to draw fouls better. The suns shot 12 more free throws then us in this game and that was truly the dagger. We converted on my FG's in the game but their ability to draw contact and get to the line beat us. The steve nash long two against quis comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    if you go back and look. He caught the ball.. dribbled to the free throw line looking for someone to move. then he to it to the other side of the strip still looking for someone to cut or move and no one did. He was forced to take a bad shoot against a good defender. Not much he could of done with a 24 second clock.
    Cheers.

Something to learn from.

Can't let Amare get off like that
    tough loss

Going back threw some of the game. I still look for the foul on david and the technical. Those of you who watched the game will know what I am talking about. I have watched it several times but the camera does not show the angle I need to see. Hopefully someone who was at the game can shed some light

We need to learn to draw fouls better. The suns shot 12 more free throws then us in this game and that was truly the dagger. We converted on my FG's in the game but their ability to draw contact and get to the line beat us. The steve nash long two against quis comes to mind.
    That is an excellent point. We should have looked to go to the line late instead of throwing up bad shots. Easier said than done, of course.

Going back threw some of the game. I still look for the foul on david and the technical. Those of you who watched the game will know what I am talking about. I have watched it several times but the camera does not show the angle I need to see. Hopefully someone who was at the game can shed some light
    Something tells me there isn't a camera angle in the world that is going to explain what happened on that possession.

I was fine with Granger's shot.

You're not going to make them all. It was pretty open. I think Danny makes half of those. Just not tonight.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I was fine with Granger's shot.

You're not going to make them all. It was pretty open. I think Danny makes half of those. Just not tonight.
    I don't think he was ready for the ball.. It looked like he wasnt expecting the pass or to shoot it. He fumbled it in his hands and was out of rhythm. The best shot we had on the court but not a good shot. The suns had a good defensive procession

yah, really off game from Danny. thats twice ive seen him have a bad game in the span of 6 games. The Nuggets game and now this
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by andreialta View Post
    yah, really off game from Danny. thats twice ive seen him have a bad game in the span of 6 games. The Nuggets game and now this

Jo played a great game but I still stand by my theory. Danny is not the same player with JO in the lineup. Before JO came back danny was cutting to the hoop, driving it to the basket and drawing fouls. He is not doing this with JO in the lineup. I think part of it is because JO is in the post and looking for the ball. When JO posts up he doesnt move around which makes it harder to drive. Danny needs to learn to play with JO in the lineup. He cannot just spot up at the three point line.

I want to see a few more games before I start preaching this but it is my theory.

I also have to take into consideration Marion is a great defender and might of just got into his head

Jo played a great game but I still stand by my theory. Danny is not the same player with JO in the lineup. Before JO came back danny was cutting to the hoop, driving it to the basket and drawing fouls. He is not doing this with JO in the lineup. I think part of it is because JO is in the post and looking for the ball. When JO posts up he doesnt move around which makes it harder to drive. Danny needs to learn to play with JO in the lineup. He cannot just spot up at the three point line.

I want to see a few more games before I start preaching this but it is my theory.

I also have to take into consideration Marion is a great defender and might of just got into his head

Same thing with Dunleavy, he is not the same player he was we saw against Denver once JO came back, but today he had a good game.

From the Seattle game, Danny was having a nice offensive flow even with JO on the court, today, shots just werent falling, and i think Jtins looking for his shot, posting up NASH in the early part of the game also caused this, but in the latter part of the game when Tins was giving it up, he caught fire, but it burnt down quick.

better days ahead for him and this team!
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Why wasn't Shawne in for the last shot?

He could have replaced JO, or even Tins.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Why wasn't Shawne in for the last shot?

He could have replaced JO, or even Tins.
    I think he was on the floor.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The effort was great, the execution at the end could have been better. I'm not overly disappointed with this game. If we play like that we'll win most of our games.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."