Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An open letter to Reggie

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: An open letter to Reggie

To the initial post:
    To say that Reggie didn't try is to question his heart, his motivation. Don't give me that crap. The guy wants a ring more than any guy in the league.

Bad game. Probably. Offense on longer set to run through him. Even more likely. Don't come to me with "you didn't try". Take that s*&t home with you to Detroit because you must be a Pistons fan. Reggie didn't try?

GET OUT OF HERE. MADE ME ANGRY.
    Sorry but Reggie twice had wide open jumper at the top of the key on the same play late in the game. Twice he passed the ball rather than take the shot. Deferring to other players my hinnie. He was scared to take em.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yep the Old Reggie would have taken that 3 on the Break , and I was saying take it and I could see by the look in his eyes he wasn't even thinking 3 ...That's not the Reggie Miller I know.

I'm not sure what to say here. I have very mixed feeling about Reg right now, especially after watching him pass the ball back to JO twice passing up shots. I guess it's hard for me to give up the brilliance I've seen over the years. I guess it's hard for me to give up fans rising out of their seats when he pulls up on the break. But he has passed up many, many shots this year the old Reg would have taken without hesitation.

I don't want another Willie Mays here. I want Reggie - the one who was fearless. The one who struck fear into the hearts of the opponent. I'm too old I guess. It's hard to let go. But . . . . Suave, learn a more extensive vocabulary. The comment was totally inappropriate.

Moving on regarding Bender. What would we do? Trade Artest for Tmac and Bender for his jock. The guy will never be anything.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

in actual fact:

that moment still flashes through my mind... wish i just listened instead of watching, I would've slept better.

2 minutes to go, all alone at the 3pt line, looking, hesitation, passing the ball to JO (with two defenders on him) who twists, wrestless for a look, and again passes out to the free Reggie, defender comes up, fake, step inside, look, hesitation, pass....JO now defended by 3 guys, tries with all his heart and bum leg, you could almost see the dispare on his face.

That wan't Reggie, no way, that was someone else, someone who has taken our Reg.

worst part was the audience, getting up when he got the ball the 1st time.....

<shakes head>

If it was any other SG that did that, the stakes would not have been slow enough.

the end of an era and it hurts bad
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!