Thread: I'm starting this thread because I never thought I'd be able to say it: The Pacers lead the league in rebounding!

Default I'm starting this thread because I never thought I'd be able to say it: The Pacers lead the league in rebounding!

God that feels good to type.

As a season ticket holder I'm now getting this new email feature they're calling Pacers Tip-Off, which previews the next (home?) game.

This one was for tonight, and one of the bulleted stats was the following:

* The Pacers lead the league in rebounding with 46.28 rpg

Nothing more to say really except to reiterate that it feels damn good to read that, and I hope it stays that way all year long. Sweet.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I'm starting this thread because I never thought I'd be able to say it: The Pacers lead the league in rebounding!

Yep and its not that surprising if you go an look at our individual rebounding numbers right now. The guys are hitting the glass hard.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I'm starting this thread because I never thought I'd be able to say it: The Pacers lead the league in rebounding!

And unlike UncleBuck's prediction, they're getting a lot of offensive rebounds too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post

As a season ticket holder I'm now getting this new email feature they're calling Pacers Tip-Off, which previews the next (home?) game.

Nothing more to say really except to reiterate that it feels damn good to read that, and I hope it stays that way all year long. Sweet.
    Now that is impressive! I knew that they were doing a good job on the boards, but to lead the league. Wow.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

thats an awesome stat to be the top of. next stat we need is shooting %
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I'd like to hear some reasons why this is the case. Frankly, I haven't a clue.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

No ****. Bravo Jim. Let's keep it up.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quite frankly I'm stunned. I never woulda thought it could happen.

Thanks for that tidbit...now all I have to harp on is FT shooting
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

It's really quite surprising when you see people like Kaman get at least 20 rebounds everytime he plays us and averages about 15.5 or Dwight Howard getting sometimes in the lower to upper 20's himself. Does anybody else on those teams rebound at all? At any rate i'm proud of the pacers

This team has really suprised me, I wonder how long they can keep it up?
    No matter how much success Larry Bird attains in Indiana he'll never top that first command to fire Thomas. -Peter Vecsey. NY Post 12/4/07

Sports Logo

Looking at thet Stats on the ESPN NBA Web page...what does it mean if the opponent for the Pacers is averaging 45.9 rebounds as well?

Does it mean that although we are leading the league in rebounding, we are letting the opponent pull down 45.9 rebounds as well?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Looking at thet Stats on the ESPN NBA Web page...what does it mean if the opponent for the Pacers is averaging 45.9 rebounds as well?

Does it mean that although we are leading the league in rebounding, we are letting the opponent pull down 45.9 rebounds as well?
    Yes

Rebounding % is the only rebounding stat that matters

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

10 Seasons too late.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    And unlike UncleBuck's prediction, they're getting a lot of offensive rebounds too.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Rebounding % is the only rebounding stat that matters
    Yep, both us and our opponents are getting a lot of rebounds because we're throwing up so many shots.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post

And according to the announcers during last night's game against the Suns (12/04/07), they're the 2nd highest scoring team in the East and 9th overall in the league. That's impressive considering they were dead last in FG% last season.

Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar

I love that stat. Also loving the fact that we are high up there in PPG.

Some people want it to happen, some
    wish it would happen, & others make it happen.
    ..Michael Jordan.

Pressure is something you feel when
    you don't know what the hell you're
    doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

I like this Pacers team because I can really seem them making a run to get over .500 very soon. Last year, there was no way we were ever going to get more then 5 games over, but this year feels a bit different. I think we could go on a pretty good streak coming up here.