Thread: And I Blame the coach

Default And I Blame the coach

To many things tonight that showed me that our coach has a lot to learn in this league, game savvy LB killed him, he got some payback for the previous one, but my gawd what a mess tonight was.

Now i could live with that, but then sticking with what is not working, that gets me ticked off in a bad way.

20 seconds in the 2nd half Rip has 3 fouls. none more after that.
    Ron shut down Rip during the time he played him, completely, i mena NO SCORE, when? in the 4th and part of the 3d (end)

Cro played very poor, Jeff hustled his arse off, yet played 4 minutes, Cro a lot
    Al, he was a disgrace, one way or the other, his fade away airshot was there on full display, his missed lay-ups and dunks?

Bender in when we are going strong, he killed the momentum

Reggie demanding the ball near the end of the 2nd when we finally went even, he daggered us this time.

Letting Reggie and JO take T's, where LB was jumping up and down on ONE call that didn't go his way, none went our way and Rick was silent,

SHAME

5 minutes to play, down a shitload, he lets Tins and JO play..... yeah they didn't hurt enough yet.

In short, he sucked tonight, like Al, Reg and JB.

hrmph

but i still love the Pacers

and the heart of some?

Tins is a hero, he plays with a TORN hamstring, JO, another one, playing with the injury he has, sad the rest sux it up now and then.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Default Re: And I Blame the coach

I partially blame the coach as well, primarily for waiting until Rip had 30 in the middle of the third to put Artest on him.

Also, for not making the Croshere/Foster switch midway through when it became more than evident that Croshere was not hitting shots.

Also for not giving guys like Anderson and Bender a chance, especially Bender, when the offense goes so stagnant in the second half. Remember Bender's dunk on Wallace? He's one of the only ones who can even do it.

Also for not playing Jones at the point and instead taking out the most effective player in the half which essentially killed the Pacers who should have gone in for Tinsley having another atrocious shooting performance and making childish plays like days of yore.

Also for not going to Reggie consistently when he's in the game because he is also one of the only players on this team who can flat out score and isn't effected by the block brigade which makes the Pacers look like ten year olds afraid to take it inside against the menacing teenagers who keep swatting their stuff from the other side of the tracks.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

We are banged up BAD even worse than last game it seems!!!

I Was encouraged by the bench and honestly thought Al had some good stuff in the 3rd until the middle of the 4th, he made sime sort of strange turn around shot and that was the end of the good things he did. I think Freddie played a great game. Took some really tough shots, both with regards to the shot clock and in movement. Johnson played very decent as far as I could see.

I think in the end it might have been better to have put Jones or Artest on RIP sooner, because he sure was the major Indy ripper for the Pistons there tonight. I think the Pistons were very lucky to have RIP this hot, the only other one who made a field goal for Detroit, besides RIP, in the 3rd was Rasheed with that incredible turn around 3pt shot. That tells me they either shot bad or we played good D, I think it was a little bit of both. Had RIP not been this hot it would have been much closer.

I thought the refs were too tight on our players tonight, that over the back on JO forinstance was pure BS. But, in the end had we guarded RIP a little better, remained a little more focused on the game and a little less on the refs foul-calling and in my view most importantly HAD we gone inside more and earlier AND MADE a significant part of our three throws we would have been within reach or on par with the Pistons starting the 4th, we were horrible from the FT line tonight.

Carlisle did make some questionable decicions, but Able, this was game 5, a crucial game, you want your top players on the court as much as possible. And if they could have gotten us back in the last 4 minutes it would have been a very legit move, unfortunately for us that didn't happen.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I think its wrong to blame Tinsley for this loss, he's injured yet he got the ball for tough, mostly, 3pt shots. Offcourse he missed those. his knee, hamstring, etc are severely limiting him, so offcourse he's nog going to have a great lift off. Coach should have kept him longer I think.

Yeah, Bender and Foster should have gotten more points, particularly Jonathan with his range, length and leap could have helped a come back. I also thought Artest was out the 4th a little too long and again he should have been placed on RIP much earlier by Hamilton.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

xcuse me ?? top players on the floor???

JB. screwed up so much in so few minutes it hurt, taking it to the rim is a word he learned but lost so quickly he probably doesn't even remember how to spell

Al, two minutes in the 4th he played decent, "uncontested" dunks.
    One break away dunk in the 2nd, but uhhh why was he at the time line and not going for the rebound ?????

his fade away?? you mean the one he always says he never misses but in reality never makes?
    or do you mean his absence in defense and his non existence in offense ?

his missed layups? (sorry didn't keep count, there were to many)
    or the times he turned it over?

count the games he brought something and count the playoff games he wasn't there.

to much went on, to much to put it in one post, but Rick should have hassled the refs early on when we were not gettin ANY calls while they manhandled Tins and JO just to hurt, that was not to stop, that was to hurt, they knew they were hurting and they knew what to go for.

blame tins for bad shots? who passed it back to him ?

JO was making weed his ***** in the first half, it were his teammates that let him down. and his coach for not sticking up for him when he got manhandled.

I don't know if its Rick's fault or Artests' but I am absolutely sick and tired of watching Ron Artest on offense. The dude has to be blined! He is a ball hog. Great defender but a horriable team player offenseively. God I just get so pissed when I see someone wide open calling for teh ball but he just takes it right at Ben Wallace or when he catches it deep he stands there for 4-5 seconds and then goes one on one getting a shot blocked or a turnover or a miss. This guy hardly looks to pass the ball.

JO was 5-10 from the field. Artest was 4-15 on 1-5 3pointers. You know how many times I look at the box score and see Artest getting more shots than JO? Alot! God damn it I can't stand to watch the guy play at times.

Banned

I don't know if its Rick's fault or Artests' but I am absolutely sick and tired of watching Ron Artest on offense. The dude has to be blined! He is a ball hog. Great defender but a horriable team player offenseively.
    I think this is an excellent point. Ron Artest is NOT a team player on offense. He is not a smart player on offense. He looks great when he can bully his way to the hoop and score against weak defenders, but in this series he has really hurt the Pacers by hogging the ball so much. Ball movement is the answer, and when Artest gets the ball, movement stops.

Rick blamed himself tonight; so at least he sees his mistakes.

Clearly putting in Tinsley down the stretch was killer. I thought it was a huge mistake. IMO, Tinsley is too hurt to be effective and we should give strong consideration to calling it a season for him.

Blaming Ron means you have seen a different game then i have, and missed the fouls made on him as well, as for his outside shooting, half those were made with a down shotclock, and AJ on the floor, you never noticed hafl the time Ron does the PG part for AJ and/or needs to bring the ball accross the timeline for AJ to prevent the press ??

and Rick taking the blame doesn't cut it for me, he should not make the mistakes, that's why he has the job in the first place, or the Pacers better start interviewing Brown for the HC job!

Thats fine to blame the coach, I mean he took the blame in his press conference!!! But lets face it would this team have made it this far without Rick?? Last game he's a great coach, this game he lost for us (as you say) but he's man enough to stand up and take the blame when I don't think he had to. They promised No excuses this year and they have delivered, there are so many legitimate excuses for this team right now, and they won't go there. They have grown up tremendously this year, they have performed at a high level consistently. Be thankful for the coach we have, It's not many times he'll have to take the blame for a loss and it's not many people who would do it!!

This is a young team in unchartered ground, and lets face it in this series anything may still happen! No one predicted our rout in game 4 and no one expected it to go this way tonight. I give them all credit for how they handle adversity, I think they will leave it all on the court Tues. and be able to live with the outcome! And that is all I ask!

Thats fine to blame the coach, I mean he took the blame in his press conference!!! But lets face it would this team have made it this far without Rick?? Last game he's a great coach, this game he lost for us (as you say) but he's man enough to stand up and take the blame when I don't think he had to. They promised No excuses this year and they have delivered, there are so many legitimate excuses for this team right now, and they won't go there. They have grown up tremendously this year, they have performed at a high level consistently. Be thankful for the coach we have, It's not many times he'll have to take the blame for a loss and it's not many people who would do it!!

This is a young team in unchartered ground, and lets face it in this series anything may still happen! No one predicted our rout in game 4 and no one expected it to go this way tonight. I give them all credit for how they handle adversity, I think they will leave it all on the court Tues. and be able to live with the outcome! And that is all I ask!
    so will i, I was just pointing out that no excuse also means the coach not saying "i take the blame" because saying so means you blame someone else.

He made mistakes this series, and unfortunately he had to accumulate most of them in one game, tonight.

I never said I don't forgive him, I do, but maybe just maybe, he needs to learn a lot to (still).

"in game coaching", something different from planning, instinct has to take over, does he have it?

game 6 is his game 6 to.

I was just pointing out that no excuse also means the coach not saying "i take the blame" because saying so means you blame someone else.
    Umm, no taking the blame means you blame yourself.