Thread: Billy King about to be fired

Default Billy King about to be fired

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Billy King about to be fired

That team is a mess right now. They have youth but very little direction. COuld the 76ers be the next Hawks and the Hawks be the next 76ers.

Fire sale!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    at least they've made the playoffs lately. that would be an improvement for the 76ers.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is long overdue. That article by Bill Simmons on ESPN immediately comes to mind. You know the one where he was writing from the viewpoint of Billy King?

BK is known for signing marginally talented guys like Aaron McKie, Matt Geiger, and Eric Snow to rediculously long contracts. He also traded Iverson for Andre Miller and Joe Smith (and since Smith left it's basically a trade for Miller and a draft pick) - terrible trade. He was the worse GM in the league. I'll never forgive him for that Rasheed Wallace trade to Detroit for basically nothing in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would contend that in terms of star power at least, the Nets GM is fairly better than Billy King. The Sixers have no real notable players. After Iguodala and Andre Miller who do they have? Kyle Korver? Samuel Dalembert? Louis Williams? The pool of talent is thin. I guess in a way the same thing could be said for the Pacers, but we're at .500 right now and they've slipped quite a few games under for so early in the season.

NJ's got Kidd, Carter, RJ, and Krstic. All really great players, and yes they've had injuries, but they've been injured for the most part in the span of their current contracts, so it's not like they're signing injury prone guys to longterm deals. They've had some bad luck.

I think it's a decent upgrade for Philly.

As for as speculation with making moves (with the Pacers if there is an impending firesale) it would be almost guarenteed that if we gave them JO we would have to take Dalembert's contract and also Andre Miller (thanks but I'm satisfied with Tinsley). So I don't see it happening.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This is long overdue. That article by Bill Simmons on ESPN immediately comes to mind. You know the one where he was writing from the viewpoint of Billy King?

BK is known for signing marginally talented guys like Aaron McKie, Matt Geiger, and Eric Snow to rediculously long contracts. He also traded Iverson for Andre Miller and Joe Smith (and since Smith left it's basically a trade for Miller and a draft pick) - terrible trade. He was the worse GM in the league. I'll never forgive him for that Rasheed Wallace trade to Detroit for basically nothing in return.
    you can blame a lot on billy king (and i fully encourage doing so) but you probably can't blame atlanta's *****ty trades on him.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    you can blame a lot on billy king (and i fully encourage doing so) but you probably can't blame atlanta's *****ty trades on him.
    You know what... you're right. I just had a brain fart.

It's Billy Knight that I'll never forgive with an assist from Danny Ainge.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

sweabs

Plus, that Rasheed Wallace trade did include a guy by the name of Josh Smith. And you can't tell me Detroit wouldn't love to have a guy like THAT right now. He's pretty damn good.

Really good move for Philly. Would have been better four years ago.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    He was the worse GM in the league. I'll never forgive him for that Rasheed Wallace trade to Detroit for basically nothing in return.
    ...Josh Smith and Tony Allen is "nothing?"

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004