Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43

Thread: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    To deviate from Isiah who is and always has been an absolute snake ...

    This is rumor at this point but Marbury was led from the Garden with an escort of 5 security guards apparently having a screaming tirade. A person claiming to be a cousin of his called into a NY radio show and said Marbury is furious with the organization for not telling him immediately and denying the chance to be with his father during his last moments and that he's saying he's 100% through with the Knicks.

    Still rumor/hearsay right now - there's another story floating that Marbury's family asked the team not to notify him until after the game. Not sure if I believe that one or not - seems to me if your father is ill and you're close - which they evidently were since Marbury's father lives in Maryland and still attends most Knick games - I can't see the family making that request.

    Anyway, if this rumor is true (the first one) it may be the end for Mills - Isiah too if he had anything to do with it.

    There's wrong and there's abominable behavior and this, if true, was abominable.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  2. #27
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,164

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To deviate from Isiah who is and always has been an absolute snake ...

    This is rumor at this point but Marbury was led from the Garden with an escort of 5 security guards apparently having a screaming tirade. A person claiming to be a cousin of his called into a NY radio show and said Marbury is furious with the organization for not telling him immediately and denying the chance to be with his father during his last moments and that he's saying he's 100% through with the Knicks.

    Still rumor/hearsay right now - there's another story floating that Marbury's family asked the team not to notify him until after the game. Not sure if I believe that one or not - seems to me if your father is ill and you're close - which they evidently were since Marbury's father lives in Maryland and still attends most Knick games - I can't see the family making that request.

    Anyway, if this rumor is true (the first one) it may be the end for Mills - Isiah too if he had anything to do with it.

    There's wrong and there's abominable behavior and this, if true, was abominable.
    I don't blame Marbury one bit if this is true, and the family did not tell them not to notify him. I'd tell them to go eff themselves as well.

    On the bright side, maybe we'll soon get to hear what dirt Marbury has on Isiah.

  3. #28
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    That is just wrong on so many levels if that is true. I sincerely hope that its false because i would like to think people are better than that.

  4. #29
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,164

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by JO4MVP2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is just wrong on so many levels if that is true. I sincerely hope that its false because i would like to think people are better than that.
    Most people are. Some people aren't.

  5. #30
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,486

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    I always think of Zeke as most likely to go OJ someday. Just a feeling.

  6. #31
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Just out of curiosity... is anybody interested in calling shenanigans on the Zeke/Tinsley stuff? It IS Vescey, after all...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #32
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,179

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    first thing i thought of. it really sucks if it's true, but we're not likely to get confirmation from other sources any time soon.

    for what's it worth, the knicks are such a mess that it's hard to pin all the blame on isiah. he's part of the mess, no doubt, but you have to think that dolan's well-documented paranoia is a major factor as well.

  8. #33

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is rumor at this point but Marbury was led from the Garden with an escort of 5 security guards apparently having a screaming tirade. A person claiming to be a cousin of his called into a NY radio show and said Marbury is furious with the organization for not telling him immediately and denying the chance to be with his father during his last moments and that he's saying he's 100% through with the Knicks.

    There's wrong and there's abominable behavior and this, if true, was abominable.
    If that is true, it is inhuman. There is no way I would continue working for an organization that did that to me.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  9. #34
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,914

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To deviate from Isiah who is and always has been an absolute snake ...

    This is rumor at this point but Marbury was led from the Garden with an escort of 5 security guards apparently having a screaming tirade. A person claiming to be a cousin of his called into a NY radio show and said Marbury is furious with the organization for not telling him immediately and denying the chance to be with his father during his last moments and that he's saying he's 100% through with the Knicks.

    Still rumor/hearsay right now - there's another story floating that Marbury's family asked the team not to notify him until after the game. Not sure if I believe that one or not - seems to me if your father is ill and you're close - which they evidently were since Marbury's father lives in Maryland and still attends most Knick games - I can't see the family making that request.

    Anyway, if this rumor is true (the first one) it may be the end for Mills - Isiah too if he had anything to do with it.

    There's wrong and there's abominable behavior and this, if true, was abominable.

    Even if the family said not to tell Marbury... does that really mean they shouldn't do it anyway?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. #35
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,505

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just out of curiosity... is anybody interested in calling shenanigans on the Zeke/Tinsley stuff? It IS Vescey, after all...
    Honestly it crossed my mind. Not because it is Vescey, but because this goes against so many just basic human levels of descency that it makes me pause.

    Stopped his assistant coach's from going??? Sorry but I am having a hard time swallowing that one.

    Not saying it's false, just saying that is very very hard to believe.

    For all of Isiah's faults, and he has many, the one thing that he did do very well was handle Jermaine O'Neal on a human level and I was under the impression that he and Jamaal got along as well.

    I usually trust Vescey when it comes to the Pacers, but this is a little much.

    However if it is true, I want to know if ownership/Walsh knew this. If they did, why did they let this stand?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  11. #36
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,438

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Wasn't there a story about Isiah Thomas putting Vince Carter on the spot before the 03 all star game when the media was lobbying for Jordan get the start. IIRC, Thomas reportedly put Carter on the spot in front of the entire team and said "So what's it gonna be, Vince?"

    He's just classless in every way that a person can be.

  12. #37
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,914

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I was under the impression that he and Jamaal got along as well.
    According to Vecsey, Tinsley was one of the players Isiah had JO demand be traded. It was Artest, Tinsley, and Mercer.

    I don't know that Tinsley and Isiah got along well at all as time went on. And I always thought the extended time that Tinsley missed after his mother's funeral was more than a little odd.

    Vecsey's story would explain that a little better... It's not like we could expect the local press (especially at that time) to give us any indication that anything might've been amiss and animosity might've been a factor.

    _Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  13. #38
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,505

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to Vecsey, Tinsley was one of the players Isiah had JO demand be traded. It was Artest, Tinsley, and Mercer.

    I don't know that Tinsley and Isiah got along well at all as time went on. And I always thought the extended time that Tinsley missed after his mother's funeral was more than a little odd.

    Vecsey's story would explain that a little better... It's not like we could expect the local press (especially at that time) to give us any indication that anything might've been amiss and animosity might've been a factor.

    _Bball
    Your right, I totally forgot about that.

    Wow, I have no idea what to say then.

    If all of this is true then Isiah Thomas is a real bag of crap.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  14. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is true, it is inhuman. There is no way I would continue working for an organization that did that to me.
    Well, according to the Post a family friend is saying Marbury might rejoin the team very soon. If that's true then the hearsay/rumor I offered yesterday is wrong.

    I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. If something's bothering him, Marbury's never been one to keep it to himself.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  15. #40
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,705

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Vescey does get some things wrong, and he does takes some liberties from time to time, he takes a grain of truth and blows it up into a big deal. I understand all that. Still enjoy reading his column a lot.

    But in this case, when he's talking about something that happened almost 5 years ago, I tend to believe him more than when he's predicting trades or reporting what teams are talking about trading so and so.

  16. #41
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However if it is true, I want to know if ownership/Walsh knew this. If they did, why did they let this stand?
    This is the biggest "red flag" on the report for me. I like to think that TPTB would have stepped in if this was true. Either to override the decision if they knew beforehand or fire IT if they knew afterwards.

    It is entirely possible that they felt pressure from Isiah too, with JO apparently being in IT's corner. And that pressure, or "threat" from IT to turn JO against the franchise might have had something to do with the whole "sign JO to an extension, then bring in Bird who fires Isiah" scenario.

    That's all speculation on my part, though.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  17. #42

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isiah even has played the race card on Bird, saying that if Bird was black he would be considered just an average NBA player. He and another player made that comment back when Bird was still playing. Magic Johnson set him straight and Isiah quickly apologised for making the comment. Isiah is all about Isiah.
    Just for the record, that "other player" that made the initial comment to which Thomas replied was Dennis Rodman, who was then a rookie. Oddly enough, I never thought too much about that, since it was right after losing an emotional playoff series, though I guess Rodman later said something similar during the Pacers/Bulls series.

    Always wondered why Thomas and not Rodman got all the flack for that.

  18. #43
    Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Central Indiana.
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Interesting stuff from Vescey. From Isiah's days as Pacers coach

    Wow, that's definately not good. Interesting stuff though, for sure.


    Some people want it to happen, some
    wish it would happen, & others make it happen.
    ..Michael Jordan.

    Pressure is something you feel when
    you don't know what the hell you're
    doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •