Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57

Thread: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

  1. #26
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, while I have always aknowledged that Jeff is a good defender and a good rebounder. Please please please let's not go over board and proclaim him an elite defender.

    Hakeem was an elite defender. Charles Oakley was a great defender. Jeff Foster is a good defender.

    There is nothing wrong with being a good defender btw, I'm just saying elite is a tad much.
    Are there any elite defenders in today's NBA?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #27
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are there any elite defenders in today's NBA?
    Overall? Artest has to be close.

  3. #28
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Overall? Artest has to be close.
    I meant big men, my bad.

    I mean, if the argument is that Foster's the best big man defender in the game today, but that the guys who have all retired were better, then it's hard to use that as an slam against Jeff.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  4. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,397

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I meant big men, my bad.
    Duncan and KG. Rasheed is also pretty damn good when his head's into it.

    Duncan in particular knows how to play vs. the pick and roll better than anyone. The Spurs really know how to take away those 2 man games.

  5. #30
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,256

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are there any elite defenders in today's NBA?
    A fair question.

    Elite? Probably not.

    Ben Wallace might have been a couple of years ago, but not today.

    Marcus Camby certainly is a good defender however I consider Marcus a great shot blocker but a weak interior defender.

    Rasheed Wallace is a good defender, Yao Ming is a good defender but I think that has a lot more to do with size than anything.

    Kevin Garnett can be, when motivated, an almost elite defender. But he doesn't do it night in and night out to really be considered elite all of the time so I will put him as a great defender.

    BTW, the irony of all of this is that many of you claim that Jermaine O'Neal is a great defender.

    So to answer your first question, no I don't believe that there truely are any big men elite defenders anymore.

    But I still would not rank Jeff up there with even the great big men defenders of today.

    However I would say that he is on the upper end of the very good defenders and since he is using his strength more I think he is getting better.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  6. #31
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,961

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    I think for what Jeff does. And by that I mean he guards the quick centers, the mobile power forwards one-on-one as well as anyone in the NBA right now. I would put him up there with Sheed and Garnett in this part of defense.

    However, Jeff doesn't control the paint, he doesn't block shots, he doesn't patrol the backside of your defense like a lot of the other big guys do. So I'm not suggesting he's a great defender overall. But in his niche he is excellent.

  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Wink Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahem.....

    There was another certain player who returned to the Pacers the season of the brawl and took over the starting center spot and remained the starter the rest of the year. Jeff got to start for awhile, but he did it at the power forward spot when J.O. went down with the shoulder injury. When J.O. returned Jeff went to the bench where he remained. He got lot's of min. off of the bench, but he never took back over the starters spot that I can remember.

    You wanna guess who?

    But besides that I would like to say here and now this.

    Jeff Foster is playing the best basketball of his career. He is playing a far more rounded game than ever before and as I said a couple of years ago. The older Jeff gets, the less athletic Jeff gets, the more I like him.

    He is now actually obtaining real rebounds, not chasing down loose balls and being credited with rebounds. He is now putting a body on his man on defense and not just relying on foot speed to defend the perimeter.

    He is now at least involved in the offense.

    Now having said all of that I want to say this.

    I still hate with the passion of a white hot sun Jeff Foster and Jermaine O'Neal together in the game.

    I love Jeff with Danny and Shawne. I really liked him and Ike.

    But I can't stand him and O'Neal together and until one of their games change I don't think I ever will.

    BTW, while I have always aknowledged that Jeff is a good defender and a good rebounder. Please please please let's not go over board and proclaim him an elite defender.

    Hakeem was an elite defender. Charles Oakley was a great defender. Jeff Foster is a good defender.

    There is nothing wrong with being a good defender btw, I'm just saying elite is a tad much.

    As to Murphy????

    Well, obviously right now there seems to be some heat between O'Brien and him so we'll see where that goes.

    BTW, I have no problem at all with the coach holding player accountable and calling them out in public.

    Now let's see if he does that across the board.


    He is now actually obtaining real rebounds, not chasing down loose balls and being credited with rebounds

    What? I don't buy that statement one iota. Are you saying that there are degrees of rebounding and one counts more than another. I don't care if he snags one off the rim or ten feet from the basket it still is a freaking rebound.

  8. #33

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying that there are degrees of rebounding and one counts more than another. I don't care if he snags one off the rim or ten feet from the basket it still is a freaking rebound.

    Gee, I'll say it if Peck doesn't want to. It is true that wiping the glass and picking a ball up off the floor both count equally as a rebound. But that is where the similarity ends.

    You help your team a whole lot more with aggressive up-in-the-air rebounding, because that allows the quick outlet pass that triggers a fast break.

    Plus it is a whole lot more fun to see Foster pull one down.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  9. #34
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gee, I'll say it if Peck doesn't want to. It is true that wiping the glass and picking a ball up off the floor both count equally as a rebound. But that is where the similarity ends.

    You help your team a whole lot more with aggressive up-in-the-air rebounding, because that allows the quick outlet pass that triggers a fast break.

    Plus it is a whole lot more fun to see Foster pull one down.
    And I think that's the equivalent of a flashy dunk instead of a layup.

    Two points is two points.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #35
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,961

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    I don't think Yao is a good defender. Sure his size makes him a factor. But teams put him in pick and rolls all the time - and they try to get him out of the lane and when they do he's a major liability.

  11. #36
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I think that's the equivalent of a flashy dunk instead of a layup.

    Two points is two points.
    Sort of. It's kind of like the difference between hitting a 3 pointer 6 seconds into a tie game vs. 6 seconds left in a tie game. The other team's gonna have a hell of a time dealing with the latter compared to the former. Loose example, but when and how you do something can easily modify the impact. Putnam mentioned outlet passing, for example. Also, the ones Jeff is starting to grab are more difficult to do. So while he could be getting his #s on possessions where loose ball rebounds are available, instead he's getting them on possessions where only tougher rebounds are available. Old Jeff doesn't get that ball, and that opens up another possession for the opponent instead of taking one away from the opponent and giving it to your own team.

    In other words, instead of picking off flesh from the dead, he's hunting for fresh meat. Tougher to get, better taste.

  12. #37
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sort of. It's kind of like the difference between hitting a 3 pointer 6 seconds into a tie game vs. 6 seconds left in a tie game.
    No. The situation you're describing is like getting a rebound on the first possession instead of getting a rebound on the last one. Clutch is important, but it has nothing to do with "positional" vs. "whatever you call Jeff's" rebounds. It's not like the ball never bounces 10 feet out in a tie game. Jeff's been getting last-second rebounds for a long time, it has nothing to do with "positional" rebounds. That whole concept is phony, as is the idea that Jeff only gets "easy" rebounds. He's gotten hard rebounds his whole career, this isn't a new thing.

    Might as well say that a dunk is clearly more valuable than a layup or a short jumper, because it shows that the offensive player was able to get into the paint powerfully, and because it's a big deal for momentum. If you want to argue that, then I'll listen to you talk about some rebounds being more valuable than others.

    EDIT: If only Jeff would do an Antonio Davis yell and bring his elbows out when he came down, THEN he'd be an effective rebounder.
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-04-2007 at 10:39 AM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #38
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Yeah that part was weak, which is why I had all these other sentences you ignored.....

  14. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. The situation you're describing is like getting a rebound on the first possession instead of getting a rebound on the last one. Clutch is important, but it has nothing to do with "positional" vs. "whatever you call Jeff's" rebounds. It's not like the ball never bounces 10 feet out in a tie game. Jeff's been getting last-second rebounds for a long time, it has nothing to do with "positional" rebounds. That whole concept is phony, as is the idea that Jeff only gets "easy" rebounds. He's gotten hard rebounds his whole career, this isn't a new thing.

    Might as well say that a dunk is clearly more valuable than a layup or a short jumper, because it shows that the offensive player was able to get into the paint powerfully, and because it's a big deal for momentum. If you want to argue that, then I'll listen to you talk about some rebounds being more valuable than others.

    EDIT: If only Jeff would do an Antonio Davis yell and bring his elbows out when he came down, THEN he'd be an effective rebounder.


    Well stated. Any rebound has basically the same affect, either you retain possession on offense or you regain possession for your offense. How you get the rebound is not a factor in the end. I would agree that a powerful showboating rebound can get the crowd into the game more than just a loose ball rebound but in the end it is just a rebound.

  15. #40
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Of course any rebound has the same effect once you've gotten it. Tougher rebounds are harder to come by, which is why players who get them are more valuable than ones who predominately get "easy" rebounds on loose balls they chase down. A guard could grab those. A small forward too. They're easier to get. But if you've got a guy who can bang and battle for tough rebounds in or around the paint, you're gaining ADDITIONAL possessions that a team that "only" chases loose balls doesn't get.

  16. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course any rebound has the same effect once you've gotten it. Tougher rebounds are harder to come by, which is why players who get them are more valuable than ones who predominately get "easy" rebounds on loose balls they chase down. A guard could grab those. A small forward too. They're easier to get. But if you've got a guy who can bang and battle for tough rebounds in or around the paint, you're gaining ADDITIONAL possessions that a team that "only" chases loose balls doesn't get.

    I view this as a debate on which came first the chicken or the egg. I think you are discounting the difficulty of getting those loose ball rebounds. If a gaurd or small forward could get those type of rebounds on this team, then why don't they? Foster is getting them because they can't or won't get them.

    If someone doesn't get those so called easy rebounds then they are not additional possessions. If they were so easy to get then why don't our gaurds average 10 per game?

  17. #42
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kevin Garnett can be, when motivated, an almost elite defender. But he doesn't do it night in and night out to really be considered elite all of the time so I will put him as a great defender.
    Tough crowd.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  18. #43
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,494

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Late in the game, when the ref's swallow their whistles and allow things to get physical under the basket (let alone a team crashing the boards on you)... and someone needs to fight for THAT rebound to save the game (either taking away the opposition's second chance or getting your own team another shot) ... That is a wholly different situation than can be at other times in the game.

    You have to be able and willing to fight for position and get to THAT ball while dealing with more muscle coming your way.

    That is something that Dale Davis was excellent at.

    Both kinds of rebounding styles and abilities are important, but only one kind becomes even more important at crunch time.

    -Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  19. #44
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    I agree on the rebounding thing.

    I'm not trying to take anything away from Jeff's ability to rebound the basketball because he's one of the best there's ever been...but Mal, Bball, etc. do make a valid point.

    Jeff is a not a "banger" like Dale, Charles Oakley, Deke or Chuckster.

    He's not a "leaper" like KG, Admiral or Shawn Marion.

    He's more or a "chaser" who instinctually knows where the ball is going before anyone else. He uses positioning to get there and grabs the ball.

    This is of course an oversimplification of rebounding, and different guys do it in multiple different ways (such as Rodman who was a banger, leaper and a chaser). But I think it is correct that Jeff does have that knack of "catching people napping" and just being more focused on finding the ball than other people over the course of a game. In the waning minutes (particularly at Playoff intensity) you can't really do this. You gotta have position. And while Jeff is also very good at this, he can't exactly impose his will on the paint the way, say, Dwight Howard can. It's not a knock on him, he just doesn't look like a Greek statue the way Dwight does. He's not as strong.

    If there was a shot going up and I absolutely needed to rebound the miss in order to ice the game, I'd still take Jeff over about 99% of the people who have ever played in the NBA. But that other 1% would be guys like Dale, Oak, Shaq, Dwight or Dikembe. With those guys, you just know they'll have inside position. There is something to be said for being the strongest, widest or biggest guy on the court when it comes to eating glass.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 12-04-2007 at 12:41 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  20. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Late in the game, when the ref's swallow their whistles and allow things to get physical under the basket (let alone a team crashing the boards on you)... and someone needs to fight for THAT rebound to save the game (either taking away the opposition's second chance or getting your own team another shot) ... That is a wholly different situation than can be at other times in the game.

    You have to be able and willing to fight for position and get to THAT ball while dealing with more muscle coming your way.

    That is something that Dale Davis was excellent at.

    Both kinds of rebounding styles and abilities are important, but only one kind becomes even more important at crunch time.
    Bball
    OH I guess that in crunch time there are no loose ball rebounds or hustle rebounds as some here call it? I guess at crunch time Jeff or our other bigs should ignore loose ball rebounds as they really aren't important as waiting for one off the board. Do you really understand how silly your arguement is?

  21. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree on the rebounding thing.

    I'm not trying to take anything away from Jeff's ability to rebound the basketball because he's one of the best there's ever been...but Mal, Bball, etc. do make a valid point.

    Jeff is a not a "banger" like Dale, Charles Oakley, Deke or Chuckster.

    He's not a "leaper" like KG, Admiral or Shawn Marion.

    He's more or a "chaser" who instinctually knows where the ball is going before anyone else. He uses positioning to get there and grabs the ball.

    This is of course an oversimplification of rebounding, and different guys do it in multiple different ways (such as Rodman who was a banger, leaper and a chaser). But I think it is correct that Jeff does have that knack of "catching people napping" and just being more focused on finding the ball than other people over the course of a game. In the waning minutes (particularly at Playoff intensity) you can't really do this. You gotta have position. And while Jeff is also very good at this, he can't exactly impose his will on the paint the way, say, Dwight Howard can. It's not a knock on him, he just doesn't look like a Greek statue the way Dwight does. He's not as strong.

    If there was a shot going up and I absolutely needed to rebound the miss in order to ice the game, I'd still take Jeff over about 99% of the people who have ever played in the NBA. But that other 1% would be guys like Dale, Oak, Shaq, Dwight or Dikembe. With those guys, you just know they'll have inside position. There is something to be said for being the strongest, widest or biggest guy on the court when it comes to eating glass.

    I love how this thread has morphed into Foster's rebounds are not as important as Dale's rebounds were. Come on give me a break.

  22. #47
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the record - there were a number of us who figured that Jeff would win his starting job back -
    Yeah, I was certainly with you on this one. So many people were writing off Jeff under JOB. "Not his style". Same reason that Troy was going to flourish.

    Turns out that Jeff works well with any style and has shown some vet savvy in adapting his game to JOB's style. The 3 guys that look the most sure of what they should be doing right now are - Jeff, Tins, Dunleavy. The best play has come from those 3 playing together. I think JO will join that bunch as he gets in tune with them thanks to some actual court time.


    Redd, I could agree up till the playoff thing. While teams are more focused and less prone to just being beat, the playoffs are often full of crazy energy/effort/will-to-win plays that tip a game one way or the other. Jeff is the guy that brings that. I only need point to the 2 wins vs Detroit in the brawl season playoffs. That was in big part due to Jeff and it forced Detroit to work on taking him out of games. If others had been able to fill the void after that the Pacers could have won that series.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 12-04-2007 at 01:04 PM.

  23. #48
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love how this thread has morphed into Foster's rebounds are not as important as Dale's rebounds were. Come on give me a break.
    Not sure you read what I wrote, but I certainly never even came close to implying that.

    I was attempting to discuss the art of rebounding and what makes certain people particularly great at it.

    I didn't mention any time where Dale made an "important" rebound or a time where Jeff made an "unimportant" rebound. The only actual rebound I even mentioned was hypothetical, and I only said that I would prefer a big-bodied banger who could push people around. And I'm not sure I said anything about Dale other than that he's strong
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  24. #49
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Peck is right about Dale. Dale did 2 things better than Jeff - picks, blocked shots.

    However rebounding they were similar, and with Jeff's shooting this year being extended out the margin between the 2 players is shrinking. Bear in mind that Dale was a freaking all-star, and that we are comparing Jeff to that caliber of a player.

    Under appreciated comes to mind.

  25. #50
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Foster does it again, earns his starting job back

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Redd, I could agree up till the playoff thing. While teams are more focused and less prone to just being beat, the playoffs are often full of crazy energy/effort/will-to-win plays that tip a game one way or the other. Jeff is the guy that brings that. I only need point to the 2 wins vs Detroit in the brawl season playoffs. That was in big part due to Jeff and it forced Detroit to work on taking him out of games. If others had been able to fill the void after that the Pacers could have won that series.
    I didn't mean a whole playoff game. I was just saying "playoff intensity" meaning that it was an intense possession (tie game 12 seconds left) where the defense was set rather than a mid-2nd Quarter lazy five-on-four break. It could be in December or May.

    Energy guys like Jeff are always ideal to have in a Playoff game. They're always operating a gear or two above everyone else, so when they raise that even further to playoff intensity, they are on a ridiculously high level.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


Similar Threads

  1. Marbury set for Knicks' starting lineup vs. Warriors [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •